Unable to play

Celestite - Heavens Tear
Celestite - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Whenever i click start up the game, it gives me a weird messege with all these weird characters. I understand that alot of people have been having this problem, but i havent seen a post come up with a way to fix it.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/CelestialPW/Errormessege.jpg here is the link for the problem
Post edited by Celestite - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Celestite - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Nobody knows nothing about this..?
  • reaperzangel
    reaperzangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    my brother is having the same problem, nobody knows anything?
  • Celestite - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    No help whatsoever for the past 1 and a half day and problem still occuring =/
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    You will need to install the East Asian Language pack that is on your original Windows disc.
    Outlined below is a step-by-step guide to installing it in your computer. (For Windows XP - Vista users might have to undergo different steps. They should still be similar)

Try it and see if it works for you:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD
    2. Go to Control Panel
    3. Go to Regional and Language Options
    4. Click on the "Languages" Tab
    5. Click on the "Install files for East Asian Languages" checkbox and make sure that it's checked.
    6. Click on the OK button for the dialog box that appears.
    7. Click on the OK button of the window to close it, and begin the installation.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• silabus
    silabus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Um...can you be more specific on the language we need to install? I don't know where my CD is but I can downloaded from Microsoft's site...and are you sure that is going to fix the problem because this user said she already tried that...:
    ingurisa wrote: »
    I am having the EXACT same problem! It looks like Asian text, and I made sure that I installed the Asian script on my roomates PC...still it doesn't work!
    My husband and I have really been enjoying this game. We tried downloading it onto our roommate's PC so she could play too, but we encountered the same issuew, and she cannot join us in our fun!
    I didn't have any issues with the game since version 13 (unlucky number?), but ever since the update, I have had an 'invisible bug', and although I still see my husbands character with the 'tatooed bald head' look on HIS PC, every character on my PC (including hubby's) has a full head of hair! Lol.
    I really love this game, and I want other friends to come join us - but they are having the same problem that you mentioned, and cannot get in the game! :- (

*** I also want to note that I saved the Install files that I used (and burned them to disc) for my roomate - after trying to dl from other sources unsuccessfully - and it didn't work!
    I miss version 12... :- (
    I keep hitting the GM button when ingame... No-one has answered me in days.
    Ignurisa
    モデラト ここ とても 意地悪。
  • stevensl2
    stevensl2 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    silabus wrote: »
    Um...can you be more specific on the language we need to install? I don't know where my CD is but I can downloaded from Microsoft's site...and are you sure that is going to fix the problem because this user said she already tried that...:

**** everything, update update update your computer, everything must be updated. download everything and update! (be sure to create a backup)
This discussion has been closed.