wolfex
wolfex Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Here are my computer specs: Gateway M-6862
4GB RAM
2GHz CPU
ATI RADEON Mobility HD 2600 xt
Windows Vista Home Premium.

I play on a laptop. When I hooked it up directly to the high speed cable modem that my pc uses, the laptop runs the game perfectly. But right now i'm in my room and can only connect to the modem with a wireless router. It's actually only one room away and the wireless signal is excellent, but for some reason, I keep getting disconnected every few minutes. The gameplay is laggy too, the fps isn't laggy, but the lag time between my actions and the server's actions is really off. I load pages fast, so why is it not working for the game? Is this something I just have to accept with a laptop? I've seen plenty of people play MMO's with laptops and wireless connections,and they do fine... if anyone has any advice, help please.

side note: I can't directly hook up the laptop to the modem everytime I want to play, that's for the pc only.
Post edited by wolfex on

Comments

• pojun
    pojun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I am facing the same problem as you and I have not received any reply on how to solve the problem. Can someone , anyone pls kindly advise. :mad:
  • akitou
    akitou Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Try using a WiFi adaptor instead of a wireless router: adaptors tend to run faster, but you'll need a computer to connect it too (like a desktop), since most adaptors need to be connected to a computer in the first place, usually via USB.

If you don't feel like buying any new hardware, I've got nothing.
This discussion has been closed.