Pets

fantasie
fantasie Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Im a Venomancer. My problem is I don't know how to get new eggs. I don't want to buy an egg, I want to capture it myself. Can someone explain how to do this?
Post edited by fantasie on

Comments

• Rourou - Lost City
    Rourou - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You need 'skill of tame pet', find pet skill trainer Hu (257,644) and complete her quests. When you reach lvl 7, you need to kill Rhinodrake Plainswalker to get the required item. It's close to Broken Bridge Village. Next, go lay the nets you were given on the white flowers. They are located at Desert of Echoes (209, 587) Southwest of City of the Lost. Once you lay the traps, go to the campfire at the same location and click on it. A monster should come out (Sacred Beast). Lead it into the middle of the flowers, and just wait until the nets trap it. It is invulnerable, so don't waste time trying to kill it. Return to the Pet Skill Trainer Hu (257,644). Learn your new Tame skill so you can capture pets. When you capture pets, make sure they're the same lvl as you or lower, not all mobs can be tamed, you can find out by left-clicking on a mob, and check the pet icon that shows up. Green and yellow means you can tame, red means lvl is higher than you and you can't tame yet, and no icon means they can't be tamed. Save 20 hays and 50 fruits from drops to extend your pet inventory later. Also, it helps to reduce the mob hp to about 10% to have a successful tame.
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The quest she mentiones becomes available automatically when you reach level 7 - assuming you completed the earlier pet quests you received at level 3.
  • fantasie
    fantasie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thank you. This information helped me to complete the quest.
  • abcdefgh
    abcdefgh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi.I hant to know if as any pet for other class plz tell:D me
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    Tinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    is the pet captured as an egg? or I need an empty slot?
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    After successfully taming it, the animal will be (in) an egg in your inventory.
  • bootneck
    bootneck Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    then take it to the pet trainer to hatch it providing you have a free slot
  • Tinar - Heavens Tear
    Tinar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Noob's question you got to like them.

Cool, I got a new egg, but I already have two pet and don't have the 3rd slot yet (got to like farming hay), If I return a pet to egg form to try another one, does my pet loose all it's gained xp or will it return like just before I re-egged it?
    Tinar - 7lv archer
    Tiam - 18lv Venomancer
  • Masontaan - Heavens Tear
    Masontaan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    another n00b...

where the hell do you find this hay? i'm level 9 now and still not found any.

and on the same subject. damn pig iron is hard to find too. i've found one but it took me 4 hours to do so!
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Hay is dropped, though rarely, by the level 8 tortoises near broken bridge village. I've heard there are lvl30 mob's later that drop more of them.
  • Foxtailed - Heavens Tear
    Foxtailed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Cool, I got a new egg, but I already have two pet and don't have the 3rd slot yet (got to like farming hay), If I return a pet to egg form to try another one, does my pet loose all it's gained xp or will it return like just before I re-egged it?
    look i think it doesnt lose exp..... i have re-egg pets so many times that even my self doesnt know if it actually pet lose exp :P , but u will say i am only 20lvl, how many pets i could re-egg in so little time but believe i have done it so many times :D
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

When you restore a pet to it's egg XP/level of pet is unaffected as is any skills you may have paid to get for the pet. What is affected is the Pet's loyalty which is reset to 0.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Foxtailed - Heavens Tear
    Foxtailed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    peregryn wrote: »
    When you restore a pet to it's egg XP/level of pet is unaffected as is any skills you may have paid to get for the pet. What is affected is the Pet's loyalty which is reset to 0.
    that's it! this what actually happens.... :P
  • takengodofdeath
    takengodofdeath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    abcdefgh wrote: »
    Hi.I hant to know if as any pet for other class plz tell:D me
    Hi I am also new to this game a barbarian level 15 almost 16 and I would also like to know if there is a pet for anyone other then venomancers
  • YuriMursili - Sanctuary
    YuriMursili - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i have a question about the hercules and the phoenix items in the shop.........how do we use em??? r they for all classes or is it just for veno??b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender