Cannot get beyond loading screen

Uindo - Heavens Tear
Uindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
The game patches, the loading screen comes up along with the welcome page but then the mouse freezes and so does the rest of my computer. I have been having problems with the hard drive but we replaced it and the rest of the system is brand new. Any ideas on what is wrong, what I can do to fix this etc?

What is even weirder is this problem is actually with my husband's system, not mine. Mine is actually older and has far less superior stats.
Post edited by Uindo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Since you have a generally fresh system, have you updated your drivers?

Graphic Card Drivers

1. Microsoft Direct X: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2
    2. Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    3. ATI: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    4. Omega Drivers (Only for people who are comfortable with using modified drivers): http://www.omegadrivers.net/omega_drivers.php
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Yes we did do that recently. There is nothing in this system that should be causing this game to do this but it has a tendency to crash in highly intense games like Age of Conan but not in City of Heroes/Villains.
    This systemw as built and structured to handle AoC though so it should not be having problems with Perfect World.
  • dommy
    dommy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok. I made sure all the drivers were updated and everything. I got it to be past the load screen but it then proceeded to freeze up on the server select screen. Basically, something has got to give. ANY IDEAS?
  • bman1
    bman1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well I can get past the main screen and the server screen and yes I updated my drivers and yet it crashes
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    It may be your power supply not giving enough juice to your graphics card and whole system, or it is going out.

If it is doing it on other games like you describe, it may also be an overheated or faulty graphics card for starters.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Best bet would be to run a diagnostic test as you're launching perfect world, that way you can see exactly what is struggling.

I had an issue with perfect world crashing on character creation screen, replaced the power supply and the problem (kind of) went away.

Easiest test:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Performance > Let it run in the background.

If something peaking around the top for a continued period of time, its a bottleneck and needs to be fixed.
  • dommy
    edited September 2008
    This is Uindo's husband. Now it is giving me some foreign language error and not loading at all
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    You will need to install the East Asian Language pack that is on your original Windows disc.
    Outlined below is a step-by-step guide to installing it in your computer. (For Windows XP - Vista users might have to undergo different steps. They should still be similar)

Try it and see if it works for you:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD
    2. Go to Control Panel
    3. Go to Regional and Language Options
    4. Click on the "Languages" Tab
    5. Click on the "Install files for East Asian Languages" checkbox and make sure that it's checked.
    6. Click on the OK button for the dialog box that appears.
    7. Click on the OK button of the window to close it, and begin the installation.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• dommy
    edited September 2008
    Odd never had to do that before.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    The game was originally developed in China, in Chinese for Chinese computers running Windows, so some things still rely on the Chinese language text.

Installing the East Asian Language pack has helped people with similar issues, and also others with ALT+TAB issues when running in full screen mode. (widowed mode=better IMHO)
  • dommy
    edited September 2008
    Thank you. Just main thing now is finding out what the error is. Hoping if we can correct it then perhaps the game will actually run
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Ok. I have done everything I can think of to fix this. I wiped the entire content of the new hard drive and I even got the chinese error message to go away. Got into the game as far as the launch page once again. And it like before, froze up again!!
    I got nothing but a reply on how to fix the language barrier error message, from support. We need more than this or we will have to forget about this game...

Could it be the graphics card itself? I cannot think of anything else that could be causing this problem
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Send tech support your dxdiag . http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

DXDiag
    1. In Vista, type
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    I did do that, darthpanda16 and you know what response I got from them? I was told to download the east asian language readers. I did this and it is STILL freezing up at the same point.
    I do not understand this. This is system is 3 times better than his old and its not taking this game at all while the old one ran the Malaysian version with no problems.
    Is it the graphics card? Something else?
    This system has a brand new motherboard, processor, graphics card (though not the best), hard drive etc
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Alright, we got him into game. He can create characters and play for a little bit but then it shuts down. The computer makes this load vibrating noise afterwards though.
    Wish I knew if it was the sound or graphics card but it froze up and then went black.
  • Uindo - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    All is fixed now it would seem. Switched my graphics card with his and his computer is running great now. Oddly enough my card is a GeForce 7950 and his a 8500 but his system runs better with it and mine, works fine with his but its far from as advanced a system.
This discussion has been closed.