can anyone send me b03.dds plssssss

Amberrr - Lost City
Amberrr - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I am stuck on this file now for ages ..if you can send to me via email or MSN id be sooo happy
Post edited by Amberrr - Lost City on

Comments

• stripe
    stripe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Might sound silly, but try restarting the client a few times ...
  • Amberrr - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    been doing that for NINE hours ....
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Make sure you have the right client from www.perfectworld.com??

Add IP addresses??

IP addresses (ignore the letters a,b,c, they are there for listing purposes only). If you know what you are doing, you can allow for these IP addresses, or ask your ISP, school, etc; to allow them for your traffic. Same thing with your anti-virus, firewall and security software installed on your computer. Change the settings to allow for these addresses to have priority traffic.

www.perfectworld.com
    a. 64.74.129.32
    b. 64.74.129.33

Heaven's Tear (PVE) pwigc4.perfectworld.com
    a. 29000:64.74.134.61
    b. 29000:64.74.134.62
    c. 29000:64.74.134.63
    d. 29000:64.74.134.64
    e. 29000:64.74.134.38
    f. 29000:64.74.134.39
    g. 29000:64.74.134.59
    h. 29000:64.74.134.60

Lost City (PvP) pwigc3.perfectworld.com

a. 29000:64.74.134.57
    b. 29000:64.74.134.58
    c. 29000:64.74.134.31
    d. 29000:64.74.134.32
    e. 29000:64.74.134.53
    f. 29000:64.74.134.54
    g. 29000:64.74.134.55
    h. 29000:64.74.134.56

Patch server http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/

a. 64.74.217.11
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Also stuck on this same file....................

Been trying to update for 2 hours now. Every time it gets stuck I close the client, wait 5-10 minutes, and then retry.

The progress usually moves a tiny bit farther along, but then it gets stuck again...

And I have no clue what to do with any of those IP addresses, nor do I have any firewall running, nor am I at a school computer or whatnot.

I wonder why some people are able to get into the game and others aren't.

EDIT: And you really shouldn't accept files from strangers through the e-mail. They could contain a keylogger or virus...so that person can steal your login name and password and buy a ton of cash shop items and mail them to themselves, along with all your gold and items. Bad idea. I hope you don't open anything anyone sends you.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Have you tried disabling your anti-virus/security settings long enough to get the patch to complete?

Every antivirus/security program has slightly different wording in the options and menus, but in the programs you'll want to look for Web Settings and Add in the IP addresses to Allow traffic for them and see if that helps.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Amberrr - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    i do not have a firewall or antivirus running...i dont have a clue how to change my router settings...but if anyone sent me a file id definately scan it first unless it came from someone i trust...

I am at my home computer ...so no parent, teacher etc to ask :(
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    If you go to the website for your router, you should be able to find a guide there on how to adjust your router settings, open ports, etc.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Rys - Heavens Tear
    Rys - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've tried it without the router, ie- plugged direct to modem, and without any firewalls. That did not help.

I do keep periodically sending in my log files as no one has uploaded the full files this patch, so i can't post a thanks and start playing..lol.

So I've been literally doing the wait for hours, or re-starting and resume over and over for 12+ hours.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    All we can ask is to be patient. No word on a manual patch yet, sorry. We're bugging them constantly!
  • Fatburger - Lost City
    Fatburger - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i dunno isss weird cuz i was like stuck on the patch install process myself as is similar to many folk who have been making threads about such a topic related issue today since the morning up until the very moments that i type out my thoughts pertaining to this matter.

in any case to make a long story really really short (if you will) after i was both befuddled and flummoxed as to why the patch wasn't finishing nor closing out properly i just tried canceling out of the process and then i got a windows error message and then the brilliance of the artifical intelligence within the system itself asked me if i would like to send a bug report in accordance of the process that microsoft likes to use to collect computerized issues relating to windows conflicts and issues conflicts of software in nature. In short i went through this errror reportng process and lo and behold the next time i booted up the pw client to finish the patch install it wnet through the rigamarole and hallelulujah! it woiked! /flex
This discussion has been closed.