Barbarian: Panda, Lion, Tiger, etc

yapoki
yapoki Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Is there any difference between becoming a Panda, Lion, or a Tiger? I mean like Characteristics, stat points and all the other stuff. and do barbarians miss a lot in the lower lvls? I know Barbarians are meant to tank but they still have to deal some damage :D
Post edited by yapoki on

Comments

• Okami - Lost City
    Okami - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No, it doesn't matter.

No, they don't miss a lot until ~level 8. Then they start missing, but it's not a big deal. Missing doesn't get frustrating until ~20 when you have to do the arch quests.
  • yapoki
    yapoki Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    meh are you serious...? =.= Then are Barbarians suppose to just be in a party and tank? Also is attking in Beast form better than Human Form?
  • Okami - Lost City
    Okami - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    when i say missing, its like 75%~92% hit chance - not THAT bad. when your soloing, humanoid form is better. in fbs, hh, zhen or whenever your tanking, tiger is better. you get a skill that helps your accuracy a lot at lv29 - blood bath.
  • eizenhorn
    eizenhorn Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Been wondering btw why they didnt make different animal forms for different looking Barbarian characters. Being a panda and your animal form being white tiger.. its just bit funny.
    Animal form should be same as your selected humanoid form.. lazy devs!
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol every1 wondered about that at one point . i bet the developers did also :D
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    Yamiki - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    lol thats really interesting Eizenhorn... I wonder... well maybe they can't actually make a panda look like a crawling panda.... =/ I wonder.... o.o
  • runehammer
    runehammer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Because it would be too awesome. Can you only customize the eye color and mouth?
  • RampTramp - Harshlands
    RampTramp - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is a veno worth making? I have a lvl 20 human mage, but idk if its starting a new one?
  • Harken - Harshlands
    Harken - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yep its worth makin...and its not too late.....u'll reach lvl 20 in half the time u took 4 ur wizzie
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol @ the veno question
    it was just very random

and about the barb true form : get over it
    in the end, it doesn't matter since the purpose of the true form is to tank. nobody will pay attention to anything else, other than how well you tank and keep aggro.

also, missing is no big deal in PvE servers. you hit mobs most of the time and then with blood bath and some good accuracy shards, you should hit as often as bm's.

the only time barbs have trouble hitting is against high dex bm's or pure archers.
    but those dudes are squishy as hell.
    land a hit and itll b as if they landed 10 on you.
  • ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver
    ChilledPanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is a veno worth making? I have a lvl 20 human mage, but idk if its starting a new one?

I say its worth it. I got to 25 with my Veno in a day.. Then i got bored and moved back to my Panda :P
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sure there is a difference!

Roll a wolf if you wanna PWN b:sin b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009

No it wont take you long at all
    It took me 7 weeks to get to lvl 26 on Dag (DD/hybrid build)
    <(this guy right here)
    and so far on my new barb (Hybrid build)
    tis taken me a cvouple of days to get to lvl 16
    you lvl quickly your second time round cos
    you know where every thing is and the best
    ways to lvl
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    7 weeks to hit 26? buddy, i suggest you switch games, no offense, but .... most people hit 30 in 2-3 days.... i have no clue how ur gonna level when u hit 8X and 9X
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the only time barbs have trouble hitting is against high dex bm's or pure archers.
    but those dudes are squishy as hell.
    land a hit and itll b as if they landed 10 on you.
    I wouldn't say that as BMs have more higher dps than you and you can't hit an archer in the air.

@Stickygreen maybe he has real life like some of us do.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i have a real life also. and it didnt take me more than 4 days to hit 30
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear
    Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have not played as all the Barbarian types so I am not sure of any difference besides an appearance-based one these kinds inflict on the gameplay.

It would suck if differences existed though, because the Barbarian class already suffers from a lack of customization

EDIT: worst way to make a first post ever.
  • Bester - Lost City
    Bester - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i have a real life also. and it didnt take me more than 4 days to hit 30

any tips to level up quicker then? coz been working my barb for lyk couple of weeks now about 1 hour a day or smt and still 27 b:cry
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only difference is the looks. The Panda is Soooo Cute. The Lion and Tigers are sexy as hell, and the Wolves just look like they wanna eat you and not in a good way.b:chuckle
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only difference is the looks. The Panda is Soooo Cute. The Lion and Tigers are sexy as hell, and the Wolves just look like they wanna eat you and not in a good way.b:chuckle

I resent that
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But OF COURSE there is a differance.. when ur a wolf u get to have the rite to make wolf-based jokes/puns... u get to say "ur messin' wiv the big dawg now!". you also get the rite to gnaw on bones of other classes, bury ur axes for safe keeping, hike ur leg and **** on the guards, it just goes on.... so ya that wat u get when ur a wolf!!
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But OF COURSE there is a differance.. when ur a wolf u get to have the rite to make wolf-based jokes/puns... u get to say "ur messin' wiv the big dawg now!". you also get the rite to gnaw on bones of other classes, bury ur axes for safe keeping, hike ur leg and **** on the guards, it just goes on.... so ya that wat u get when ur a wolf!!
    Been there, done that. But since my faction leader is a wolf, I'm not tthe alpha-male yet.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    but Of Course There Is A Differance.. When Ur A Wolf U Get To Have The Rite To Make Wolf-based Jokes/puns... U Get To Say "ur Messin' Wiv The Big Dawg Now!". You Also Get The Rite To Gnaw On Bones Of Other Classes, Bury Ur Axes For Safe Keeping, Hike Ur Leg And **** On The Guards, It Just Goes On.... So Ya That Wat U Get When Ur A Wolf!!

Fleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No, it doesn't matter.

No, they don't miss a lot until ~level 8. Then they start missing, but it's not a big deal. Missing doesn't get frustrating until ~20 when you have to do the arch quests.

No, missing gets frustrating after level 60, when you start missing magic mobs. Or when you miss bloody archers/bms. But that is solved with accuracy powder for the pk/pvp part. With the grinding and that... just get +accuracy ornaments. They help a lot. Because then bloodbath adds to them. Oh and NEVER ever put HP shards in your weapon pls. You're a barbarian... 30/100 HP more will make no difference, but 30/100 (or more) accuracy, will.
  • Pookypoo - Sanctuary
    Pookypoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yapoki wrote: »
    Is there any difference between becoming a Panda, Lion, or a Tiger? I mean like Characteristics, stat points and all the other stuff. and do barbarians miss a lot in the lower lvls? I know Barbarians are meant to tank but they still have to deal some damage :D
    Nothing, cept for the fact that some are uglier than others lol
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009

you wolf hater wolfs are the best
    lions are green aliens and tigers are always stupid kittys(no i dont like the looks of my true form) and pandas are fat

wolfs are the best we are the only barbs that actually look dangerousb:laugh
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wolf barbs = giant rats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wolf barbs = giant rats

Your siggy makes me want some panda express b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!