Fauns, Double-Sided Weapons, And Two New Classes

redness
redness Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestion Box
Alrighty, please read all the way through it, I believe you'll like it.

A NEW RACE: FAUN

A new race called fauns are brought into the world. Fauns are nature-based beings that have the upper-half of a ram-horned or devil-horned human/elf with the lower half resembling a goat. They are energetic and jovial people, bringing a lighter and "can't we all just get along?" side to the world. They reside mostly in forested areas and plains, meaning they
would interact with the Winged Elves and Untamed races.

Winged Elves would find this race undignified and beneath them, the Untamed would be put off with their energetic nature, and the Humans would more or less tolerate them. Their alliances are to all and none, merely being friendly to everyone, but not sticking their necks out for them.

The purpose of adding this race into the world would be that they fill the rather jarring gap between the humaneske Winged Elves and Humans, with the animalistic and bestial Untamed, creating a better harmony to the appearence of the game. Also, this would be adding in an unusual race that is rarely seen in games, making Perfect World an even more interesting one to play.

NEW WEAPON TYPE: DOUBLE-SIDED

Since this race is so quick and energetic, they would focus moreso on momentum powered and fast weapons, so I bring into concept a new weapon type, called Double-Sided Weapons. This type includes double-sided swords and staff-axes that are focused around the DEX stat, requiring medium strength and high dexterity. These weapons are spun and slashed at the opponent in more acrobatic motions:

Double-sided Sword- Consists of a long handle that is held with both hands with a long blade protuding on both ends. Medium damage range, faster attack speed.

Staff-Axe- A staff with two large axes on either side. Higher damage range, slower attack speed.

METHOD OF FLIGHT

Flight- In order to fly at level 30, fauns engage a flight equip called Hermes that produces minature wings that float alongside their ankles with a blur of yellow, enabling them to rapidly dash or hover in the air.

The reason for this type of equip relates to lore about the messenger of the gods who wore winged boots to fly, named Hermes.

FAUN CLASSES: RANGER

The Ranger class is focused on quick, acrobatic combat using double-sided blades. These could be brought about with the use of double-sided swords(example) and double-axes. Kick-off - The faun takes a powerful lunge, leaping several meters in whatever direction they're facing.

Upbeat- Increases evasion for 30 minutes.

Wicked Intent- Increases critical rate for 30 minutes.

Swift Circle- The faun engages in an instant, rapid spin that deals damage to all those immediately around him, causing them to knockback a short distance. Instant action, ten second cooldown.

Leg Swipe- Slices the opponents legs, causing their evasion and movement speed to drop dramatically.

Vital Plunge- Slams the back-end of the weapon into the opponent, hitting a vital organ that causes heavy damage over-time and stunning them for a short period. Short action, long-cooldown.

And various others, the class is open to many different kinds of quick attacks.

FAUN CLASS: ECOMANCER

Ecomancers are the magic focused members of the Faun race, they are nature mages, manipulating plant-life and various forms of nature to attack their opponents. Here are some examples of their abilities:

Bind- Creates vines that sprout from the ground, wrapping around the target's legs and forcing them to stay in one place. Long casting time and long cooldown, effect lasts for mere seconds.

Leech Root- The ecomancer conjures a root to pull from the ground, driving into the opponent, gradually leeching small increments of HP from the target to the faun. Medium action, long cooldown.

Blades of Grass- The grass beneath the opponent becomes sharp and rigid, stabbing into their feet and dealing damage over-time as long as they remain in that spot. Medium casting time, medium cooldown.

Sudden Gale- A strong gust of wind hits the opponent, causing low damage, but knocks them back a good distance. Fast casting time, medium cooldown.

Vengeful Leaves- The faun empower the leaves beneath their hooves, causing them to slice the opponent, stunning them for a short period of time, creating minor damage, and also providing some knockback.

This is also an easily expanded class, giving many options to create abilities that boost party members stats and such that clerics aren't able to assist.

VARIOUS DETAILS

Clothing/Armor- Fauns would wear armor that covers their vitals, with light fabric below or none at all; More STR focused Fauns would wear armor according to their strength. As far as armor is concerned on their lower-half, pants would become grieves() and boots would become
lower-leg covers. The hooves must be left uncovered.

Stance- Due to the legs, in combat they would hold a somewhat hunched over stance, though when outside of combat, they ease back on their hooves.

Physical features- Fauns have long ears that range from being elven-like, to deer-eske, and human. Their tails are rather varied, stemming to different kinds of animals, such as goats, deer, and horses.

Customizability- This race would be easily customized. Various changes can be made from the type of their horns(Ram horns, devil horns, etc), tails(Deer tail, horse tail, etc), and leg fur texture(Trimmed and fine, shaggy and coarse, etc).

A FEW PICTURE LINKS

Fauns-

of3p85.jpg

Double-Sided Sword-

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/TS-CRUSADER.jpg

FINAL COMMENTS

I hope that this concept is considered, I would very much like to see it implemented in-game. The developers have done an excellent job at creating a beautiful, interesting world; It is my belief, as well as the belief of those I've discussed with, that this would fit in nicely and expand the world you have provided.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by redness on

Comments

• Sevendust - Lost City
    Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    redness wrote: »
    Alrighty, please read all the way through it, I believe you'll like it.

A NEW RACE: FAUN

A new race called fauns are brought into the world. Fauns are nature-based beings that have the upper-half of a ram-horned or devil-horned human/elf with the lower half resembling a goat. They are energetic and jovial people, bringing a lighter and "can't we all just get along?" side to the world. They reside mostly in forested areas and plains, meaning they
    would interact with the Winged Elves and Untamed races.

Winged Elves would find this race undignified and beneath them, the Untamed would be put off with their energetic nature, and the Humans would more or less tolerate them. Their alliances are to all and none, merely being friendly to everyone, but not sticking their necks out for them.

The purpose of adding this race into the world would be that they fill the rather jarring gap between the humaneske Winged Elves and Humans, with the animalistic and bestial Untamed, creating a better harmony to the appearence of the game. Also, this would be adding in an unusual race that is rarely seen in games, making Perfect World an even more interesting one to play.

NEW WEAPON TYPE: DOUBLE-SIDED

Since this race is so quick and energetic, they would focus moreso on momentum powered and fast weapons, so I bring into concept a new weapon type, called Double-Sided Weapons. This type includes double-sided swords and staff-axes that are focused around the DEX stat, requiring medium strength and high dexterity. These weapons are spun and slashed at the opponent in more acrobatic motions:

Double-sided Sword- Consists of a long handle that is held with both hands with a long blade protuding on both ends. Medium damage range, faster attack speed.

Staff-Axe- A staff with two large axes on either side. Higher damage range, slower attack speed.

METHOD OF FLIGHT

Flight- In order to fly at level 30, fauns engage a flight equip called Hermes that produces minature wings that float alongside their ankles with a blur of yellow, enabling them to rapidly dash or hover in the air.

The reason for this type of equip relates to lore about the messenger of the gods who wore winged boots to fly, named Hermes.

FAUN CLASSES: RANGER

The Ranger class is focused on quick, acrobatic combat using double-sided blades. These could be brought about with the use of double-sided swords(example) and double-axes. Kick-off - The faun takes a powerful lunge, leaping several meters in whatever direction they're facing.

Upbeat- Increases evasion for 30 minutes.

Wicked Intent- Increases critical rate for 30 minutes.

Swift Circle- The faun engages in an instant, rapid spin that deals damage to all those immediately around him, causing them to knockback a short distance. Instant action, ten second cooldown.

Leg Swipe- Slices the opponents legs, causing their evasion and movement speed to drop dramatically.

Vital Plunge- Slams the back-end of the weapon into the opponent, hitting a vital organ that causes heavy damage over-time and stunning them for a short period. Short action, long-cooldown.

And various others, the class is open to many different kinds of quick attacks.

FAUN CLASS: ECOMANCER

Ecomancers are the magic focused members of the Faun race, they are nature mages, manipulating plant-life and various forms of nature to attack their opponents. Here are some examples of their abilities:

Bind- Creates vines that sprout from the ground, wrapping around the target's legs and forcing them to stay in one place. Long casting time and long cooldown, effect lasts for mere seconds.

Leech Root- The ecomancer conjures a root to pull from the ground, driving into the opponent, gradually leeching small increments of HP from the target to the faun. Medium action, long cooldown.

Blades of Grass- The grass beneath the opponent becomes sharp and rigid, stabbing into their feet and dealing damage over-time as long as they remain in that spot. Medium casting time, medium cooldown.

Sudden Gale- A strong gust of wind hits the opponent, causing low damage, but knocks them back a good distance. Fast casting time, medium cooldown.

Vengeful Leaves- The faun empower the leaves beneath their hooves, causing them to slice the opponent, stunning them for a short period of time, creating minor damage, and also providing some knockback.

This is also an easily expanded class, giving many options to create abilities that boost party members stats and such that clerics aren't able to assist.

VARIOUS DETAILS

Clothing/Armor- Fauns would wear armor that covers their vitals, with light fabric below or none at all; More STR focused Fauns would wear armor according to their strength. As far as armor is concerned on their lower-half, pants would become grieves() and boots would become
    lower-leg covers. The hooves must be left uncovered.

Stance- Due to the legs, in combat they would hold a somewhat hunched over stance, though when outside of combat, they ease back on their hooves.

Physical features- Fauns have long ears that range from being elven-like, to deer-eske, and human. Their tails are rather varied, stemming to different kinds of animals, such as goats, deer, and horses.

Customizability- This race would be easily customized. Various changes can be made from the type of their horns(Ram horns, devil horns, etc), tails(Deer tail, horse tail, etc), and leg fur texture(Trimmed and fine, shaggy and coarse, etc).

A FEW PICTURE LINKS

Fauns-

of3p85.jpg

Double-Sided Sword-

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/TS-CRUSADER.jpg

FINAL COMMENTS

I hope that this concept is considered, I would very much like to see it implemented in-game. The developers have done an excellent job at creating a beautiful, interesting world; It is my belief, as well as the belief of those I've discussed with, that this would fit in nicely and expand the world you have provided.

Thank you for your time.

This reminds me a lot of Rouges from W.O.W. and Guild Wars Elementals. The archer class I think could use some revising. but the other two seem pretty cool. You also cam up wit some pretty cool spell and skill names. Good work.
  • redness
    edited September 2008
    This reminds me a lot of Rouges from W.O.W. and Guild Wars Elementals. The archer class I think could use some revising. but the other two seem pretty cool. You also cam up wit some pretty cool spell and skill names. Good work.

Oh? I never really got that far into Guild Wars to give that a try, and I never tried out WoW :3 Thanks, I just kinda... started typing and it'll bloomed from that seed xD;; ^_^
  • Hitomii - Heavens Tear
    Hitomii - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I dunno seems pretty nice, i liked the butterfly sword thing the best because i love butterfly swords.

I also made a fun interesting class quite awhile ago you should check it out it still needs work lol The Mer's
  • redness
    edited September 2008
    I dunno seems pretty nice, i liked the butterfly sword thing the best because i love butterfly swords.

I also made a fun interesting class quite awhile ago you should check it out it still needs work lol The Mer's

Heh, yeah, I really like 'em too :P I think they're awesome weapons when combined with acrobatics.

That's actually not a bad idea; it makes good use of the water in the world :3 it'd be interesting to see implemented.
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think that rogue class is a wonderful class to implement with double sided sword or WITH 2 DAGGERS ;) or something like them.
    Very good idea.
    I hope that will be implemented!!!:D:D:D
  • nominezero
    nominezero Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well as I've read that it sounded interesting, but after all it's a more ahm (compared to Lineage 2) a Monk class - Speedy damage and speed speed speed... for the magic type: well sounds a bit like a druid from WoW for me, or a Elder in Lineage 2 with roots and so on, except that it has ofensive skills.

But then I've fsaw Sevendust... Comment to him: Yeah right, if you mean commbat rogues from wow then you're right. But what this game really is missing are DAGGER users, stinky rats who comme on your back unnoticed stab you with a high crit chance, trick you and aim mainly for your back. Nasty unhonorable little things. They're just a muss for every MMORPG, at least I think so. I newer liked any MMORPG that didn't implement them, even if I didn't play with them mostly. It just makes the world more exciting and unpredictable.

So when you guys get to another race make some ratman using daggers (Joke, you don't have to make the ratman, just make something that likes hiding, backstabing, ambushing, etc. what it shall be is totaly up to you, cause I like your creature Ideas, the winged elf, untamed that already are two, are damn good and grats for the game makers)
  • Epic - Lost City
    Epic - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    It's already confirmed that they aren't adding anymore races.
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nuuu D:<.......... me like the mers ;___;

fauns >..> skills are nice but mers are most needed atm ;s we need a water race D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redness
    edited September 2008
    It's already confirmed that they aren't adding anymore races.

A man can dream! xD
  • perfectworldster
    perfectworldster Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Firearms are qualitatively diverse from previous weaponry because they discharge power from flammable propellants such as fine particles quite than from a ballast or coil. b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kuukai wrote: »
    we need a water race D:

See what you did, 2008 poster, SEE WHAT YOU DID.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • perfectworldster
    edited October 2012
    Double sided weapons have more range as compare to other weapons.i have some weapons like stun guns , swords and throwing knives. b:thanks
  • perfectworldster
    edited October 2012
    weapons are very important for self defense like throwing knives, stun guns b:victory