Stat Distribution

instinct
instinct Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
Hello there, I just recently came across this gem of a game PWI, and I must say it holds up quite well, and is a nice change from all the "premium" games out there.

However, I did notice something about the way the stat distributions are done... namely Strength, Vitality, Magic, and Dexterity.

The problem I see is with the Dexterity being the stat that raises "Magic" critical hit rate. I think this single thing tends to unbalance the game in terms of pvp.

Consider this...

A magic-use, if he wants to get full potential in pvp, would want maximum magic attack, as well as critical hits. To do this, he'll need to designate points to Dexterity as well... losing points in Magic.

To stay competitive, and magic-user would need to allocate some points into Strength for he weapon requisites, Magic for obvious reasons, Vitality of course if you wish to live... and then decide if you wish to allocate points in Dexterity to achieve high critical hit rates, or opt to dump your remaining points into Magic to maximize your damage/healing potential.

On the other hand, if you were an Archer... pooling most of your points into Dexterity allows you maximum physical damage, AND maximum critical hit rates.

In pvp, I think those critical hit rates are almost mandatory against experienced opponents.

In my opinion, simply switching it so that the Magic trait is the one that raises "magic critical hit rates" would solve this problem, and create a much more balanced playing field.

If that is done, the argument then becomes that casters no longer need to worry about having Dexterity, but Archers and the like still need to worry about Dexterity AND Magic in order to get sufficient mana pools. I think a simple adjustment of making non-magic abilities use less mana, or making them rely on non-mana reliant, rapid-regenerating (and depleting) source of "energy" would fix the problem.

Just my 2 cents. I do see the fact that Dexterity is required to have magical critical hit rates as a true problem though.

Thanks for your time.