can a cleric be as strong as a wizard

ntsuagzz
ntsuagzz Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
just want to know before my lvl is too high to turn back and start new one. I just don't know if max out mag will make cleric be as strong as a cleric or not, or half strong as wizard or even stronger than wizard..

help needed.
Post edited by ntsuagzz on

Comments

• Devilmaycry - Lost City
    Devilmaycry - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Offensive wise yes, defensive wise no(same gear/ fully buffed). Although you can heal/manashield yourself while wizards can't ;)
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    No. If you want damage roll archer, wizard, or venomancer.
  • heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Umm... from my understanding... clerics can kill wizards while wizards have a hard time against clerics.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    No. If you want damage roll archer, wizard, or venomancer.

I agree, if you want to play a damage dealing class, go roll a damage dealing class. It's just that when you play this game, people expect you to be a cleric and heal. They won't invite you to the party/group for any other purpose.
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    full attack clerics are known to be the stronges class in the game. if played right. they can debuff a opponent in pvp and kill them when they are asleep. let me get the forum where this guy has a great walkthrough.
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    IMO No, clerics are for healing, sure they can be attack buffed for pvp but a wizard will alaways do more damage than you. Damage is what a wizard is for, and healing is what a cleric is for. No other job can do better than the job that was intended for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Funky - Heavens Tear
    Funky - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree with sikozu. Wizards are not better than Clerics at healing and Clerics are not better than Wizards at damaging.
    Won't you take me to Funkytown
  • jagerboy
    jagerboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well then you are sadly mistaken if you think a wizard can out damage a cleric....AoE party sure, but 1 on 1 with a mob cleric can stand toe to toe with a wizard. The only problem with that is, it comes at a very heavy cost. To be a damage cleric and have your offensive skills be top notch, your going to have to take a big hit to your support skills, if at all any...... but dont be fooled by people who say "clerics are ment to be healers"

we wouldnt be given such powerful offensive skills if there wasnt a build to use them.......

you just have to choose which side of the fence your going to be on, and stick with it, or both sides will suffer Offense/Support

nuff said
  • heaven123
    heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree, if you want to play a damage dealing class, go roll a damage dealing class. It's just that when you play this game, people expect you to be a cleric and heal. They won't invite you to the party/group for any other purpose.

well, that's only because when they're looking for clerics they need healers... If you popped up when they were looking for damage dealers, it might be a different story... maybe... depending on how well you do your damage. It's like, looking for a barbarian and a wizard pops up trying to take his place.

If you need a party and you're an attack cleric, just make your own damn party, lol

Or be a loner who doesn't have much time to play in the first place like me. (soloing is key to what I play, but no venomancers.... i hate bugs...)
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    jagerboy wrote: »
    Well then you are sadly mistaken if you think a wizard can out damage a cleric....AoE party sure, but 1 on 1 with a mob cleric can stand toe to toe with a wizard.

Are you sure about this?
    A Cleric has one powerful spell -> Wield Thunder while a Wizardhas more than one.
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    heaven123 wrote: »
    Umm... from my understanding... clerics can kill wizards while wizards have a hard time against clerics.

This is because Clerics can deal magical as well physical damage.
    If the wizard wears a robe a Cleric will use physical attacks, if a wizard wears light armour the cleric will use magical attack.
    A Wizard can deal only magical damage.
  • insan1ty
    insan1ty Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I used to level with a Wizard all the time on the MY-ENG server and I while I was doing really decent DPS, he was always just a little bit stronger than I was in terms of DPS. However he never once defeated me in a duel because of my physical attack + healing capabilities. But still, if you are playing a cleric, most people will apreciate your assistance more if you are playing the role of a healer. Yes you could act as a DPS guy in a party, but more often than not someone will give the spot to a true DPS character instead of a cleric, unless you can at least offer a secondary healing role.... but if someone in your party dies while your dishing out damage, prepare to be bitched at lol.

Clerics in PW are more powerful than most healing classes in other MMOs, but people still view them solely as healers so don't expect to get any love for your DPS Cleric.
  • hiachi
    hiachi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just wanna set some ppl straight lol and hi im not from pwi im from lostpw and am a lvl 94 priest. Clercis arent just for healing other ppl we rock b:cute. Im not biased lol i play a venomancer also but if im pking its my priest all the way even though the Venomancer is five lvls stronger. Anyway a priest can beat a mage very very easily -.-. so in that sense yes. In pve theyre probably the same. I mean think about wiz nukes the mob doesnt reach them, but priesty has lots of tip and tricks can kill mob before they get there or if they do theyre not gonna die b:thanks. Anyway my rant about how good Priests actually are ends here -.- . If anyone has any problems either reply or whisper Miyari in Lostpw watever. OH and powerful spells arent anything.

Miyari b:bye
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    #14 09-22-2008 08:18 AM

#15 Today 11:22 AM

NECRO!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    #14 09-22-2008 08:18 AM

#15 Today 11:22 AM

NECRO!!!

i thought u did it lol b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol necro and a half...

inb4lock/ban (advertizing for a pserver :P)
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    slayer1o1 wrote: »
    full attack clerics are known to be the stronges class in the game. if played right. they can debuff a opponent in pvp and kill them when they are asleep. let me get the forum where this guy has a great walkthrough.

I disagree with this as a Barb is the strongest with its high hp and a BM has the highest dps.I would say a full mag. cleric can be an par with a Wiz.depending on how lvled their damage dealing skills are even hybrid can do great damage.

Darn I didn't read the date dam Necros.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    sikozu wrote: »
    IMO No, clerics are for healing, sure they can be attack buffed for pvp but a wizard will alaways do more damage than you. Damage is what a wizard is for, and healing is what a cleric is for. No other job can do better than the job that was intended for.
    >.> I hate typical Stereotypes, wizards may hit harder but at a slower pace, cleric in the other hand can hit pretty dang hard and at a faster speed than a wizard. Overall the Cleric would do more DPS unless the Wizard is LA built and Crits a lot.
    Well then you are sadly mistaken if you think a wizard can out damage a cleric....AoE party sure, but 1 on 1 with a mob cleric can stand toe to toe with a wizard. The only problem with that is, it comes at a very heavy cost. To be a damage cleric and have your offensive skills be top notch, your going to have to take a big hit to your support skills, if at all any...... but dont be fooled by people who say "clerics are ment to be healers"

we wouldnt be given such powerful offensive skills if there wasnt a build to use them.......

you just have to choose which side of the fence your going to be on, and stick with it, or both sides will suffer Offense/Support

nuff said

not true if u built ur cleric right you can be very effective and able to play both Support & Offense. I did so
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    slayer1o1 wrote: »

Don't post ever again. Please.

nuff said

You too.
    hiachi wrote: »
    I just wanna set some ppl straight lol and hi im not from pwi im from lostpw and am a lvl 94 priest. Clercis arent just for healing other ppl we rock b:cute. Im not biased lol i play a venomancer also but if im pking its my priest all the way even though the Venomancer is five lvls stronger. Anyway a priest can beat a mage very very easily -.-. so in that sense yes. In pve theyre probably the same. I mean think about wiz nukes the mob doesnt reach them, but priesty has lots of tip and tricks can kill mob before they get there or if they do theyre not gonna die b:thanks. Anyway my rant about how good Priests actually are ends here -.- . If anyone has any problems either reply or whisper Miyari in Lostpw watever. OH and powerful spells arent anything.

Miyari b:bye

No one here cares. And your priest sucks.
    ewingoil wrote: »
    I disagree with this as a Barb is the strongest with its high hp and a BM has the highest dps.I would say a full mag. cleric can be an par with a Wiz.depending on how lvled their damage dealing skills are even hybrid can do great damage.

Darn I didn't read the date dam Necros.

/tactical facepalm

No, a cleric can not out DD a good wizard. For starters, their skills are stronger. The higher the level, and hence the magic attack, the more noticeable this becomes. While a full mag cleric and wizard may hit the same in their 20s, by the 70s a wizard would start to seriously out DD a cleric with the same magic attack.
    In the 90s a cleric would lose aggro to an LA wiz, let alone a full magic one. Assuming all their skills are maxed, they have the same magic attack, and the wizard spams undine strike.
    Archers and wizards are the kings of DD. A cleric can come close, but never quite reach them. Venos and bms, depending on build would come after them. Barbs are lol, dd wise :D

Oh and oh snap necro in4lock and all that. But the amount of stupidity in this thread was too much to pass out on.
    b:dirty
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    still, necro's are fun
    b:dirty
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

/tactical facepalm

No, a cleric can not out DD a good wizard. For starters, their skills are stronger. The higher the level, and hence the magic attack, the more noticeable this becomes. While a full mag cleric and wizard may hit the same in their 20s, by the 70s a wizard would start to seriously out DD a cleric with the same magic attack.
    In the 90s a cleric would lose aggro to an LA wiz, let alone a full magic one. Assuming all their skills are maxed, they have the same magic attack, and the wizard spams undine strike.
    Archers and wizards are the kings of DD. A cleric can come close, but never quite reach them. Venos and bms, depending on build would come after them. Barbs are lol, dd wise :D

Oh and oh snap necro in4lock and all that. But the amount of stupidity in this thread was too much to pass out on.
    The bold part I guess that makes you one to.That is not exactly what I said.I would love to see Wizard go tank a mob the way a Barb or BM can and no a Archer can't.

oh btw /slap
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just read the first page and i must admit that is a shltcake topic. b:bye
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009

nuff said

I agree, but the majority of the players already turned the Cleric into a full support class. I read an offensive Cleric guide and it looked pretty solid except for low HP. And the buffs are very nice + heals. In any case it's the most versatile of DD's in my opinion. It's just that most people already ruined it for most Clerics, and will give offensive one's a hard time based on their narrow-minded judgement. Clerics can't decide what their role is, it is forced upon by others. Oops, didn't realize this was an old thread :p
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i think the reason wizards are the most feared at endgame is because theyr damage is best?with cleric buffs ofcb:chuckle
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ewingoil wrote: »
    The bold part I guess that makes you one to.That is not exactly what I said.I would love to see Wizard go tank a mob the way a Barb or BM can and no a Archer can't.

oh btw /slap

LoL the discussion was about DDing not PvE solo capability.

I'd suggest you to change mmo...

---> www.pacmanonline.com
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why necro this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.