How is it?

turlam
turlam Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Etherblade (West)
Hello everyone,

I am downloading now and looking for a new MMO. I am a recent refugee of SOE and Funcom. I have been playing EQ2, Vanguard and AOC for the past 4 yrs and just lost touch with what it feels like to be part of the community. I have seen players come and go and recently the ones coming in are idiots. You ask for assistance in EQ2 and you get nothing but a hard time, questioned as to why that questline that is 2 expansions behind, ridiculed for not know how to go through the end game content. Sadly half of them dont know what its like to be in a highly successful raid guild and lead that guild or even lead a guild through an entire game's content.

Anyways,
I have decided to expand my MMO experience to outside of SOE and other Blizzard. So help me out here, how is it?
What is this deal with being able to buy your money? (sounds to me a kid with daddies credit card is could just buy his way through the game and worse yet a pack of them could destroy it for everyone else, economy wise.)
How are the graphics?
How is the combat system, PvE? (Never like PvP because of a lot of cheating these days, in the open)

Thanks,
Hope to get involved with some great players.

P.S. Looking for a Guild.
Post edited by turlam on

Comments

• Wacky - Heavens Tear
    Wacky - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think in any game, you're going to encounter your fair share of annoying people. What I do is get myself into a guild with like-minded people to kind of put a bubble around me :p The right guild will make all the difference in the world :)

The cash shop is more of an item shop. You don't buy currency for in-game use, but you buy items which in turn can be sold in-game. Typical of f2p games.

I really can't answer your other questions about graphics and such since my mmo experience is limited to f2p :p

Good luck and have fun!!
  • turlam
    turlam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well i have downloaded and cannot seem to patch, keeps coming up with a Retry option. Any suggestions.
  • Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear
    Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Download the manual patch file appropriate for your version (sounds like 1-15 patch, if you just dl'ed the game). Once you have the patch downloaded, just launch the game, say you'll update later, and then click the "Manual" button and navigate to the patch file you down loaded. You can find the manual patches under the "Support" section of the Perfect World main page.
  • Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The game has been pretty sweet for me so far. The Cash Shop is really an item mall of sorts for you to get items you would normally be unable to in exchange for real currency. Things they sell are bonuses, but nothing game-spoiling. The kind of fees they are currently charging for the Cash points are crazy, however. Graphics are Swwweet at highest settings (I haven't played it any other way), And Combat System is a little laggy sometimes, but not bad overall. As for every game, there'll be pricks and idiots out there to ruin the fun for everyone else, but you'll find the community helpful and friendly overall. Can't really say the same abt GMs, though, i've heard things abt them. =x Answer your question?
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Are you turlam from the guild Divinus by chance? Kinda assuming you are. Me, Banaag, Gorno, and Camel all play on Heaven's Tear, but Gorno ended up quitting. Pm us in game sometime :p
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wats a guild? Wat is it 4? I kno thats a stupid question but I relly dont kno..
  • iliketolol
    iliketolol Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's not named a guild in this game. It's called factions, but just like guilds in other games, its supposed to bring a bunch of people closer together, have a name on top of their nicks, have fun together, etc.

Basically its just something you join to make more friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]