I don't have much time to play...

Options
heaven123
heaven123 Posts: 55 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Need suggestions on classes viable to me.

So far, I've been liking both Venomancer and Archer, I was into cleric until I found out about the hidden expenses...

I work for a living, it's work where it requires me to keep my skills up and study as well, so I really don't have much time to play, so I was curious which class suites me better. I need a class that is able to solo grind but doesn't have to be a "solo" class (venomancer) just something I can solo with when I want to play an hour or two before i sleep. I'll give other classes a try if they're suitable like blademaster or mage.

So what class and please explain why so I can come to my own decision in the end of info gathering. I'm new so the classes I've played are still low level, Archer lvl 6, Venomancer level 7, Cleric level 5.

btw, I want to have fun while I level... not just reach the highest level fast as possible. (important since this is how I relax.)
Post edited by heaven123 on

Comments

• Anvi - Lost City
    Anvi - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Any class that can tank can work well in solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3 owner.:p
  • angisinopa
    angisinopa Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I just started myself (got two veno, each level 18ish) so I'm not super far into the game, but... it's worked out for me in both solo grinding and light party as well.

I've got two other friends who play with me - a Barbarian and a Blademaster. We sort of trio together to kill things and have a good time, but when they aren't around I can still go out and solo up a storm when I want.

Things may change dramatically at twenty though, I don't know yet.

It strikes me, however, that they've kind of adapted the play here to attract both party-heavy players and soloists. Veno are very adaptable, I imagine they could (with proper equipment) make their way through the game at their own pace. They actually attracted me very much with that quality - I've come from playing FFXI where it was almost like a second job - six people, trying to make schedules to meet up for six to eight hours in the late evening three times a week... lost that fun, "game" quality.

Of course... this is all completely free. ^^ You can try it out as much as you like, and if you can't play for a month or two because your work load is heavy - well you certainly are not shelling out $12-20 a month for something you are not playing, right?
  • heaven123
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Any class that can tank can work well in solo.

Hmm... guess I'll try out blademaster as well.
  • heaven123
    edited September 2008
    Options
    angisinopa wrote: »
    I just started myself (got two veno, each level 18ish) so I'm not super far into the game, but... it's worked out for me in both solo grinding and light party as well.

I've got two other friends who play with me - a Barbarian and a Blademaster. We sort of trio together to kill things and have a good time, but when they aren't around I can still go out and solo up a storm when I want.

Things may change dramatically at twenty though, I don't know yet.

It strikes me, however, that they've kind of adapted the play here to attract both party-heavy players and soloists. Veno are very adaptable, I imagine they could (with proper equipment) make their way through the game at their own pace. They actually attracted me very much with that quality - I've come from playing FFXI where it was almost like a second job - six people, trying to make schedules to meet up for six to eight hours in the late evening three times a week... lost that fun, "game" quality.

Of course... this is all completely free. ^^ You can try it out as much as you like, and if you can't play for a month or two because your work load is heavy - well you certainly are not shelling out $12-20 a month for something you are not playing, right?

not trying to offend, but I need people's experiances from higher levels since any class can solo in early levels, even clerics.
  • lowki
    lowki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ewwwww FF XI? whyyyyy? don't get me wrong I loooooove the FF saga but X-2, and XI( never played, never will, paying for a game twice and then monthly is against everything a TRUE videogamer stands for) and FF XII were horrible.
  • xtitusx
    xtitusx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ffxii was bad? rofl im so glad they got rid of the turn based system
  • heaven123
    edited September 2008
    Options
    xtitusx wrote: »
    ffxii was bad? rofl im so glad they got rid of the turn based system

don't hijack my post ^.^

btw, I like turn based RPGs as well as action, but I thought FFXII was lacking a bit from the others. Tales of Vesperia is fun these days.