International and Malaysian: how much difference is there?

recon5
recon5 Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I am a player in the MY-EN version of Perfect World, with a lvl 37 Warrior (Blademaster for those who grew up in this version :)).

I have no intention of quitting the version I am currently on, but I noticed some really good quest plots in the MY-EN version that were utterly butchered by the blind idiot translation.

Therefore, I am thinking of migrating over and starting a Berserker in the International version so that I can enjoy properly translated flavor text for all its worth, but I have a few questions for existing migrants first.

1. How much better is the translation here than in the MY-EN version? All I ask is for anything better than grade school grammar. If they simply ported the text over then I'm staying in MY-EN.

2. Is this game far behind in terms of content compared to the MY-EN version, being a newer release?

3. Have there been any technological changes, i.e. bugfixes, UI updates and the like?

4. Is the community here better or worse?

5. Is the game balance better or worse here?

6. Is there any sign that the South-East Asian region will be ip banned any time in the future due to licensing concerns?

I would appreciate some answers.
Post edited by recon5 on

Comments

• nightsabre
    nightsabre Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I believe Malaysia EN PW is hosted in Malaysia whereby the International version is hosted in California. So its better to play the Malaysia EN PW version if you live around the SEA region and if you do not want to experience the frequent ping spikes/lag .
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1: The translation is indeed better, the grammer is ok, and the wording makes more sense (still not perfect though). Some of the names are kinda 'what were they thinking'-ish, but ok on most cases.

2: At this point only the cash shop is behind it seems, hopefully things that are behind will be caught up.

3: This is the exact same game, just different text.

4: The community overall is better, except by the day it shrinks due to the overpriced cash shop items.

5: Balance is the same here.

6: I saw a list, but the SEA area was not listed on the list I saw, so chances are no.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.