Perfect World and X-Fire

Options
selli
selli Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
I love X-Fire and since most of my friends are way too lazy to download Perfect World for themselves I have no way to really talk to them aside from minimizing the game every time my MSN dings. X3

I'm just throwing this out there, it'd be great if X-Fire could work with Perfect World like it does with pretty much every game I have on this computer.

Unless it's already been done. =3

I haven't been on X-Fire in months and if Perfect World already works with X-Fire then I'll just go sit in the Corner of Embarrassment... ^.^'''
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.:[H]eaven's[T]ear:. -- Nyuu~! =^.^=
|| Selli -- Level ?, Female, Venomancer, Untamed. ||
|| SelliCookie -- Level 10, Cleric, Female, Winged Elf. ||
|| Takomi -- Level 10, Wizard, Female, Human. ||
|| Snowclaw -- Level 1, Male, Barbarian, Untamed. ||
Post edited by selli on

Comments

• Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wrong Section...
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • selli
    selli Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Sorry. ^.^'''

On most game forums I've been on this has always been something that goes in the General thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    .:[H]eaven's[T]ear:. -- Nyuu~! =^.^=
    || Selli -- Level ?, Female, Venomancer, Untamed. ||
    || SelliCookie -- Level 10, Cleric, Female, Winged Elf. ||
    || Takomi -- Level 10, Wizard, Female, Human. ||
    || Snowclaw -- Level 1, Male, Barbarian, Untamed. ||
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    selli wrote: »
    I love X-Fire and since most of my friends are way too lazy to download Perfect World for themselves I have no way to really talk to them aside from minimizing the game every time my MSN dings. X3

I'm just throwing this out there, it'd be great if X-Fire could work with Perfect World like it does with pretty much every game I have on this computer.

Unless it's already been done. =3

I haven't been on X-Fire in months and if Perfect World already works with X-Fire then I'll just go sit in the Corner of Embarrassment... ^.^'''

I WOULD LOVE THIS TOO!!! but i would probly lag too much on pw while on xfire T.T and i already do while i have it running
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Um, you people haven't noticed the supported games list when you detect games, right? It lists PW. The only problem is that they haven't programmed it to detect anything byt MY being installed. What you do is manually point it to your PW Int folder, and everything will work.

This is only a temporary fix until they make it detect more versions, but it's good enough for me. It should be like the WoW detection, in my opinion. I have three separate instalations of WoW (Don't ask why) and when I open one after having used another, one of them isn't detected. But when I go to detect games, it redetects the last used one (Probably scans the computer for WoW.exe with the most recent "Acessed" date and sets Xfire to it's directory) and I don't have to manually change it. Not so for PW though.

And if you're worried about lag, take note that Xfire is designed to be run with games, so if it actually caused any noticable lag, the deveolpers would see lots of complaints. I actually see more lag from AIM than Xfire, the latter causing none.

Good luck everybody.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bron wrote: »
    Um, you people haven't noticed the supported games list when you detect games, right? It lists PW. The only problem is that they haven't programmed it to detect anything byt MY being installed. What you do is manually point it to your PW Int folder, and everything will work.

This is only a temporary fix until they make it detect more versions, but it's good enough for me. It should be like the WoW detection, in my opinion. I have three separate instalations of WoW (Don't ask why) and when I open one after having used another, one of them isn't detected. But when I go to detect games, it redetects the last used one (Probably scans the computer for WoW.exe with the most recent "Acessed" date and sets Xfire to it's directory) and I don't have to manually change it. Not so for PW though.

And if you're worried about lag, take note that Xfire is designed to be run with games, so if it actually caused any noticable lag, the deveolpers would see lots of complaints. I actually see more lag from AIM than Xfire, the latter causing none.

Good luck everybody.

meh i'd rather just wait:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Alright then don't complain it doesn't work when it actually does but you have to work for it, lol. I was offering a way to make it work. You don't have to take it.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    bron wrote: »
    Alright then don't complain it doesn't work when it actually does but you have to work for it, lol. I was offering a way to make it work. You don't have to take it.

lol ima complain if i want just cuz i dont feel like doing something doesnt mean i cant talk :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Are you for real? If you're gonna argue and flamebait, I'm just gonna walk out. Seriously.

If you don't feel like changing the detected directory, that's up to you, I was just offering a way to those who want it. If you're gonna argue with me and flamebait, enjoy your ban if a Mod sees this.

Lazyness (Not wanting to do a couple of clicks) and ignorance (Not knowing you can manually change the directory PW goes to) are no excuse to flamebait.

It's up to you wether you want it or not, but saying "I will complain" is basically flamebaiting. "Go complain" is just a phrase, meaning if you don't want to do what I suggested to make it work, and that it actually does work if you make some adjustments, don't come back to me and say it still doesn't, just because you don't feel like changing your directory (What you're doing now), because I'm just offering a purely optional solution for those that do want it. If you're not interested in the solution, there's really no need to flamebait like that.