What Was The Surprise Today?

Options
Cat - Heavens Tear
Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
During that last GM event when it was over the GM said they would have a suprise for us on Monday. I nor anyone in my guild noticed anything new or heard of anything special going on today.

Anyone know what the suprise was or was it just an empty statement?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
-Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
Post edited by Cat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I saw them say that too...maybe it's coming at maintenance.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Lower prices for Zen? *wishful thinking*
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    "SURPRIIIISE!! It's now TWO DOLLARS a gold! Not enough people were buying our zen, so we thought it best we raise the prices".
  • Xarfox - Lost City
    Xarfox - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I saw them say that too...maybe it's coming at maintenance.

Definitely keep your eyes peeled for tonight's maintenance. :)
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

answer our cash shop concerns dammit.

the peasants are uprising :mad:
  • tiny
    tiny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

I'm excited.

xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Good things come in small packages~<3
  • Renowhoyawad - Lost City
    Renowhoyawad - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    awww i'll be sleeping then i'll be at school before the surprise..but i'll be able to see the new prise in the morning on the forums

can't wait for what the surprise is
    How to pronounce my name part by part: Reno-who-ya-wad
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options

Well if its only a "sale" on charms for 2 weeks and more clothes I refuse to buy at current prices because I can buy REAL clothes for the same price, then it isnt much of a surprise.

I checked the other english version tonight- I can get 100 cubi on then for $29.10.. Here I can get 20 Zen for $20. I can get 4x as much stuff from them for the same amount of money, and with their new patch this week adding more fashions AND battle pets, I think Ill just be purchasing more cubi gold and spending in their cash shop this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If they lower cash prices permanently it will likely be at the end of OB...after the game goes Live.

Since the game is in Beta, they are probably "testing" more than just bugs. They're probably testing to see how many people actually buy Zen and whether they need to change the prices to support more servers, GMs, ect.

If they have enough people buying Zen with the current player base to support their servers and whatnot then why bother lowering the price?

They're testing to see what they can sell it at.

Also starting off high is a better deal. Then can begin charging absurd prices, and then even if they lower it a bit it'll seem like a deal. If they start selling at very low prices, but suddenly need to higher them to support the game, everyone is gonna flip out and quit/not buy.

It's better for them to test it out by starting high and going low than the opposite...they're testing the players.

The best thing people can do right now is NOT buy Zen.

But considering the ease of buying Zen in game from other players and the immense number of people with expensive mounts, fashion, ect, it's my guess that LOTS of people are buying LOTS of Zen.

So if you want CS item really bad just buy it from someone else in the server than buying your own Zen.

As long as they have enough Zen to support the servers and staff the price will not change.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well if its only a "sale" on charms for 2 weeks and more clothes I refuse to buy at current prices because I can buy REAL clothes for the same price, then it isnt much of a surprise.

I checked PW MY tonight- I can get 100 cubi on then for $29.10.. Here I can get 20 Zen for $20. I can get 4x as much stuff from PW MY for the same amount of money, and with their new patch this week adding more fashions AND battle pets, I think Ill just be purchasing more cubi gold and spending in their cash shop this week.

Agreed, and did anyone notice they changed the TOS today to allow them to ban people who mention other games?

Pull the wool and then cover your ****?
  • Obsolom - Lost City
    Obsolom - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If they lower cash prices permanently it will likely be at the end of OB...after the game goes Live.

Since the game is in Beta, they are probably "testing" more than just bugs. They're probably testing to see how many people actually buy Zen and whether they need to change the prices to support more servers, GMs, ect.

If they have enough people buying Zen with the current player base to support their servers and whatnot then why bother lowering the price?

Also starting off high is a better deal. Then can begin charging absurd prices, and then even if they lower it a bit it'll seem like a deal. If they start selling at very low prices, but suddenly need to higher them to support the game, everyone is gonna flip out and quit/not buy.

It's better for them to test it out by starting high and going low than the opposite...they're testing the players.

But considering the ease of buying Zen in game from other players and the immense number of people with expensive mounts, fashion, ect, it's my guess that LOTS of people are buying LOTS of Zen.

So if you want CS item really bad just buy it from someone else in the server than buying your own Zen.

As long as they have enough Zen to support the servers and staff the price will not change.

That's a really good theory.

My biggest concern is game cards. I hear they have some but the min. amount you can buy is $20. That's not a problem for most people, but even with the current cost of CS items, there's nothing I'd really want to purchase to use ALL $20... If they brought back the $10 cards, I'd be cool with that.

But that's just me. You have a really good point on the CS over-pricing.
  • Skarett - Lost City
    Skarett - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

Interesting point, but I'd think the easier way to test would be at lower prices. Then people would actually buy and the testing would follow. Besides the second they decided to sell the game it ceased being a beta test completely
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Agreed, and did anyone notice they changed the TOS today to allow them to ban people who mention other games?

Pull the wool and then cover your ****?

Wow really lol, now thats just lame.. I'LL adjust my post then lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• kitsunee
    kitsunee Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Check the front page of the website, there is new fashion and 40% off of charms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree and I havent purchased a single Zen item in game and I will not. Honestly I laugh my butt off at the people who do. I cant figure out if they are really that rich or just that stupid.

When the game no longer is fun then its no longer worth playing and Ill go to one of the other affordable versions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kitsunee wrote: »
    Check the front page of the website, there is new fashion and 40% off of charms

see my post on the first page I already said that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• elv
    elv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So... am I to understand that the "surprise for everyone who attended the event" is the same as the CS discounts on 4 items that everyone including those who weren't there can get?

That's misinformation.

If that's NOT the surprise, then I'd sincerely like to know what the surprise actually WAS, because I attended the event and didn't get anything special. Or were we supposed to be there from start to finish? Because I arrived 1 minute late and left at the last boss because the lag was getting too bad to see or do anything. Did I miss my chance? I hope not, because going about it that way is very, very lame.

Seriously, can we get a GM to give a conclusive answer?
  • moyles
    moyles Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    GMs dont respond anymore there all counting the money from the item mall sales :P
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    Laurence J Peter(1919-1988)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    the surprise was everyone froze

SURPRISE!
  • Jesus - Lost City
    Jesus - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    the surprise was everyone froze

SURPRISE!

llllooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I was surprised GJ GMS
  • elv
    elv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    That was the surprise? Well, it's well into Tuesday right now so they're a wee bit late. ;)
  • Moogle - Lost City
    Moogle - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Free server crash for all \o/

Certainly didn't see that coming :rolleyes:
  • Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Complete with rollback upgrade! Woop! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]