Fists, Really that bad?

Options
markain
markain Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
Hey i'm markain, not sure on how to start a good intro so i'll cut straight to my questions if ya don't mind!

I've searched many a thread's saying fist weapons are terribad, but i think they're pretty! so...

Do fist weapon users(me) have any chance to do ANYTHING in pvp? (Damage, I mean, will i be a factor in any fight at all?)

Do fist weapon users get any perks other than being super cool?:p

Are they the worst class to use as a blademaster?

Using fist weapons fit me perfectly, and keep me playing the game, but i'm just wondering, will it get me ANYWHERE?

Is there anything i should focus on? (evasion, Phys. def., STR, DEX, stuff like that!)
Post edited by markain on

Comments

• Kiira - Heavens Tear
    Kiira - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wish I could give you advice on this but all I can say is that I've been told a few times that Fist Blademasters are good for stunning their opponents.

Best of luck. :)
  • markain
    markain Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've been following this build as well, every level i put in 1 vit, 2 str 2 dex. Is that okay for a fist weapon user? Or am i really the only one who wants to focus on something like this?
  • methusala
    methusala Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Im a noob on here, just started yesterday, but I like the fist wepons as well. Once i saw how fast the attack rate is my plan was to go str dex 3/2. My idea is that once i get to later lvls ill have high crit and crit more often with the super fast attack speed. Again im new and not sure if this is good or not but having fun doing. If it feels good, do it!
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    They are seen as the worst weapon type for a BM.

I read through there attack skill descriptions, and it seems that if in PVP or TW..if a fist BM could get to the back lines, they could really hinder some casters with their disruption attacks.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • necroreaver
    necroreaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    They are seen as the worst weapon type for a BM.

I read through there attack skill descriptions, and it seems that if in PVP or TW..if a fist BM could get to the back lines, they could really hinder some casters with their disruption attacks.

Thats about the prime of fists, unfortunatly Fists cant cause enugh dmg even with their speed to kill someone with a charm that refills their health every 10 secs, that needs to be nerfed to like a min or 30 secs, but please remember that the game is brand new they will change alot mdo what you would like there is no point of doin a class/build that you dont like bc most likely you will quit before finishing it due to boredness. Also note tho that skills have their own speed and in later lvls thats what you use good luck and i hope fists gose good for you, it looks awsome.
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Edit: Nevermind.

I'll just say that Fist is good if you know how to play one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • brandon808
    brandon808 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    hey! I'm also a blademaster that thinks fists are cool...
    I also have the same concerns as u tho....I hope that i'm not makin a mistake by choosing fists over other weapons....
    Granz
    Level: 20
    Class/Race: Blademaster/Human
    Weapon: Fists/Claws
    Server: Heaven's Tears (PvE)
  • Harkie - Lost City
    Harkie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Fist weapons like the other weapons have their own perks, they're just over looked a lot. Because they attack twice as fast as other weapons and have a skill designed to interrupt casting it makes any mage or cleric at close range completely handicap, Late game when you get drake breath if you combine it with cyclone heel you end up doing massive damage very quickly. Fists are also the only BM weapon that allow you to do a "full dex" build allowing you to crit and hit much more than any other BM which also means youll never have to crunch you equipment for accuracy and can empty up some places for more of something else, like your ring slots! Plus as a fist user you also get your skills out quicker because the time between attacks is twice as fast. ;)
  • aurican
    aurican Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Fist weapons like the other weapons have their own perks, they're just over looked a lot. Because they attack twice as fast as other weapons and have a skill designed to interrupt casting it makes any mage or cleric at close range completely handicap, Late game when you get drake breath if you combine it with cyclone heel you end up doing massive damage very quickly. Fists are also the only BM weapon that allow you to do a "full dex" build allowing you to crit and hit much more than any other BM which also means youll never have to crunch you equipment for accuracy and can empty up some places for more of something else, like your ring slots! Plus as a fist user you also get your skills out quicker because the time between attacks is twice as fast. ;)

I would have to agree. It's like rogue class. If you get close no one will have a chance really.
  • Granz - Heavens Tear
    Granz - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    awesome!!!
    so i'm not makin a mistake....

lol

well....i've jus been worried because ppl been tellin me fists suck....

so ya....thx for the encouragement....
  • lordkamu
    lordkamu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well i plaid My-En version before.And all i can say fist are good for pvp but only 1vs1.Example in castle sieges they r not that usefull.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Correct, fist are good for 1 vs 1.

Not so great in pve or mass pvp.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I killed a level 36 barbarian at level 30, and this was the slower heavy armor buld too. ^^

They're good for support attack, looking good, and being different. For PVE, you have to have 3 star/molder stuff to get anywhere, or else it's painfully slow.
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • k4lrd
    k4lrd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yea it is:)
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I got this from a guildie:

Fists are good after lv80+

PVE and PVP~
  • ina1166
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I got this from a guildie:

Fists are good after lv80+

PVE and PVP~
    I would say 60+, because of SpiritExtinquisher, or whatever it's called in ths version.
    The only bad thing is...they're bad for surprise PK, not because of the low stable damage, but because of the blinding light that comes from them, people will see you from a mile away. xD
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caducs
    caducs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ok, from reading this thread and searching the forums for a build for Fists/claws. I didn't see one. Any one know a guild build for one?
  • Yamiki - Lost City
    Yamiki - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol don't know whether this thread is still active but have anyone really tried doing Fist? And if they did Is it really that good or it's onlly effective in later lvls like lvl 80 or 90 because if it is then that suck. Mostly u would be going for a WB for fist thats what i heard?
  • ina1166
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Wth @ WB using fists.

Anyway..Like I said, if you at least get 2 star weapons, you'll be fine. Don't forget to max weapon mastery skills. :]

Fast attack speed + high critical rate - missing every second attack = Win.
    I had a 97% hit chance on the other version at level 75.

The ONLY bad thing I can think of is magic attacks, but if you're the light armor type, it won't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • twilightfate
    twilightfate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ok im ganna throw this out here i am fist user lvl 41 fist are very good about when u hit lvl 40 but up untill then it is a super big pain the one high lvl fist user i know is the ex leader of the empire he is lvl 70 the trick to fist is knowing how to make them but that is actually for some reason a secret that im not willing to share but after about lvl 60 mages become easy kill and getting to the back of the line is cake why there are so few fist users is because they are expensive to lvl and maintain untill higher lvls
  • ehrdez
    ehrdez Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    it's best to use swords/dual around lvl 1-29, then switch to fists once u can get fist mastery. try getting the level 30 mold too. it's really cheap, i bought one for 100k in an auction(and i think the level 60 one is around 500k b:victory). it'll make leveling a lot easier. then, once u get to level 39 with shadowless kick or whatever it's called, u won't really need light armor as much since mobs don't usually cast spells when ur right next to them. i don't recommend leveling the first fist skill cause ur better off using ocean's edge, which doesn't require spark, for slowing. invest on diamond sutra instead for soloing.