Bramble Guard

Options
icebreath
icebreath Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
Why is it that Veno's can buff other players with Bramble Guard but not our pets?

:confused:
Post edited by icebreath on

Comments

• Moogle - Lost City
    Moogle - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't think you can buff pets full stop...
  • epiphany
    epiphany Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    icebreath wrote: »
    Why is it that Veno's can buff other players with Bramble Guard but not our pets?

:confused:
    Pets cannot be buffed, period. You can heal your pet, and other venos can heal your pet but that is all you can do.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Spell description says 'friendly target', so then it depends on what kind of target your pet is, if it's a friendly target, then it's a bug, either in skill description or in skill implementation. If so, this should be reported.

Cleric skill 'Purify' also mentions 'friendly target', if this skill can be used on pets, the problem is with Bramble Guard, if not, then pets aren't friendly targets (makes one wonder what are friendly targets.

I also see 'target' and 'squad member', is there a list somwhere that defines all these?
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think somewhere in the later levels, pets can learn their own reflect skill. That's what I've seen in the pet skill tree. >_>
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • epiphany
    epiphany Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ina1166 wrote: »
    I think somewhere in the later levels, pets can learn their own reflect skill. That's what I've seen in the pet skill tree. >_>
    You can purchase new skills for your pet(s) but are limited to having only 4 skills per pet.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    epiphany wrote: »
    You can purchase new skills for your pet(s) but are limited to having only 4 skills per pet.

Come to think of it, pets seem to start with two skills already, but from the looks of it they only use the one you have "right clicked". And it always(?) reverts back to "bash" when you resummon.

Is there a way to make them use multiple skills? Or do you have to left-click on "the other" skill" while they fight?
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Urenna - Heavens Tear
    Urenna - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    depending on the level of the pet when it is tamed it could have 0 - 4 skills I think. most I have seen is 3 on a pet, but i'm only 39 ^^

and as far as I can tell only one skill can be auto at a time. you have to left click on the others while fighting. It has worked well for me. Just have Bash on auto while just clicking Roar ( attracts enemy attacks ) or the other skills when needed.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah, you can't bramble pets unfortunately... Even though I and every other Veno would love if you could. Every pet will start out with at least 1 skill. Also, most of the rare pets come with 4 skills and some come with 3. As far as getting it to use other skills, you can also use alt+2/3/4/5 to use skills as well. I prefer this method over double-clicking them tbh. Just seems to be a lot easier/quicker than clicking I guess.