Lvl 19 quest bug (for human)

ruve
ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Alright somehow I got the celestial spirit before I got the fungoid for the level 19 quest to enable the purchasing of new spells. I've killed 70+ Frozen wolfkin that are suppose to drop the fungoid, but it hasn't dropped. I even tried killing the frozen wolves in different locations around Volcanic Purgatory, it didn't work either. Can't delete the quest to start over either. So currently I have a lvl 20 wizard using lvl 16 spells still and she is gimped.

It would really help if we could delete these quests so just in case something like this does happen more often instead of emailing you guys we could solve the issue ourselves.

I've already sent 2 emails out to your tech support and customer service only to get generic responses that don't help me one bit.
IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
Server ~ Lost City
420ifur
Post edited by ruve on

Comments

• tidus08
    tidus08 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    same problem here, i think i got the sprite from a frozen wolfkin but i can't complete the quest :(
  • ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    BUMP!

Need some help with this issue!
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • firkus
    firkus Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Did you try to go and farm it afterwords?
    I had the problem where I killed all the wolves and it said that i got it,
    but still stood at 0/1. After that I went and farmed it, and it went up to 1/1 and added another 1/1.
    I was then able tot complete the quest.
    L.E.T.S | P.L.A.Y | P.E.R.F.E.C.T | W.O.R.L.D.!
  • mono124
    mono124 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    same problem with me. my quest told me to farm the sprite before the fungoid, couldnt farm sprite so i check the website and it told me to kill wolfkins before the sprite. ive killed over 50 and still no fungoid. -_-
  • r1card0
    r1card0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    hum this is a kinda strange... because i'm cleric and i helped a friend mine wich is wizzard doing that quest and only with 5 minutes he got that item and them cutted the flower and completed the quest... so quest isn't bugged at all
  • Miso - Lost City
    Miso - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have the exact same bug....so saying the quest wouldnt have a bug is bs. If u dont have it you are lucky, but im sure the people who have the bug and cant really continue playing their characters would be happy to get some help from the GMs...so is there still no fix or workarround?
  • dehumanizer
    dehumanizer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You get a celestial spirit from a wolf but you also need to get one from a plant around the ancient peaks. For some reason the one I got from the wolf did not even register in the quest log, but did show up in my quest inventory. So I re read the quest and looked for the plant and when I retrieved it BAM quest complete.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    second sprite is from a plant across from walled place just near the dark tower
  • andura
    andura Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This quest seems to cause confusion -- there are two sprites - killing wolves gets you the first one - when you have that one you find the other hidden in a harvestable plant at the base of the Ancient Peak - The quest text is clear on whether it is the wolves one or the ancient peak one you need.

There is nothing bugged about it - perhaps a bit of confusion - especially as the plant name is also 'celestial sprite' . But technically the quest works perfectly - I've done it on two characters and helped my daughter on hers and we had no problems.
  • Hirochen - Heavens Tear
    Hirochen - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    andura wrote: »
    There is nothing bugged about it - perhaps a bit of confusion - especially as the plant name is also 'celestial sprite' . But technically the quest works perfectly - I've done it on two characters and helped my daughter on hers and we had no problems.

You are correct. The quest did ask for 2 celestial sprites - 1 from the wolf and the other 1 farmed from the flower. You need the 1 from wolf in order to activate the flower part. My BladeMaster done the quest just fine without the said bug.
This discussion has been closed.