Pig Iron Can't find anywhere

chibix03
chibix03 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I've just got the quest for blacksmith and i need to get 2 pig irons and ive been lookin around thethe outside of etherblade
Post edited by chibix03 on

Comments

• falx
    falx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you have to have a pick and find....ugh, what is it called? It is a rock with Iron in the name. LOL
  • melala
    melala Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Iron Mine.

simply walk around the world.

mines are like herbs, everyone who sees them, picks em up.

but dont be scared.
    than when you dont look for em, or dont need em, theyr at every corner :D
    jus look around
  • chibix03
    chibix03 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ok its around etherblade though right?
  • myp
    myp Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    everywhere actually
    Here I should write nicknames of my chars in other games, but I'm too lazy.
  • ganshin
    ganshin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    melala wrote: »
    Iron Mine.

simply walk around the world.

mines are like herbs, everyone who sees them, picks em up.

but dont be scared.
    than when you dont look for em, or dont need em, theyr at every corner :D
    jus look around

Isn't that the truth?
    "Tell me something I dont know."
    "...without mucus your stomach would digest itself."
    b:embarrass
  • andura
    andura Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There are specific locations near to which Iron ore tends to appear - after mining one it can take a long time for it to re-appear (I'd guess 30 mins but maybe there is a random factor as well). If you can find several spots where it appears - there is a list in another 'iron' question - then you can run around a circuit of several likely spots and get iron quite quickly - and harvest other stuff along the way - and if the level is right pick up some material drops as well.

I'm only lvl 14 so this is mostly my early observation over a few days - but I have all my crafting skills to lvl 2 and had to find a lot of iron (perhaps 30 pieces) to do this - along with several other items that are in short supply - thread, wood and leather seems to be what I was shortest of - but the apothecary requires 25 items (10 of one and 15 of another) for each lvl 1 combine - and that's a lot of harvesting.
  • pharse
    pharse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    andura wrote: »
    There are specific locations near to which Iron ore tends to appear - after mining one it can take a long time for it to re-appear (I'd guess 30 mins but maybe there is a random factor as well). If you can find several spots where it appears - there is a list in another 'iron' question - then you can run around a circuit of several likely spots and get iron quite quickly - and harvest other stuff along the way - and if the level is right pick up some material drops as well.

I'm only lvl 14 so this is mostly my early observation over a few days - but I have all my crafting skills to lvl 2 and had to find a lot of iron (perhaps 30 pieces) to do this - along with several other items that are in short supply - thread, wood and leather seems to be what I was shortest of - but the apothecary requires 25 items (10 of one and 15 of another) for each lvl 1 combine - and that's a lot of harvesting.

They actually spawn every ten minutes. I timed them. Once you find one just stay there and wait ten minutes for the next one or go do something and come back in ten minutes.
  • sharada
    sharada Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I get annoyed when I see people camping out at the spawning sites, harvesting everything in the area and constantly on the move in that zone to get it all! An hour or so later you find them selling it all in town... I know everyone wants to make money, but really... I even saw one person get into a scream fest with someone who was helping people find quest items. "DON'T TELL THEM" I was like "why not?" They're selling pig iron for 20k and they think people can afford that? No one can so they're not losing business by having someone offering real help.
  • andura
    andura Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmmmmm .....

It's a role playing game .....

A person might be a responsible upstanding charitable and considerate member of their community and get a kick out of role playing a low-life in a game. That works for me rather better than the other way around !

Personally I don't see any problem with camping or cycling spawn points - the game controls who gets the spawn, and any player can disregard the claims of somebody who is camping a spot if they get the click in fast enough - the fact that I thought that the cycle time was 30 minutes clearly indicates that I'm not much good at it - and as for selling; I haven't worked out how to sell yet - I'm harvesting to make stuff for myself and to improve my crafting skills - the resources are fixed but the player load is very high - and some items take a lot of resources to make - it takes a long time to collect 10 pig iron even on a circuit.

And it all balances out in the end - if players charge a lot for resources then they will end up paying a lot for manufactured goods - economies do balance, even if the balance has a sliding inflation or deflation - unless the power that be interfere excessively.
  • Paulytnz - Heavens Tear
    Paulytnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Get used to it people. Once all the "noobs", "botters" and "real life cash Farmers" from other games find this game it will run VERY rampent.

I hope the devs can see what kind of problems this game will face in the future because it would be best for them to do something about it now before it happens and goes too far. I wont name other games but I'm sure we all know just how bad it can get.