Invert mouse look option

saltil01
saltil01 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Suggestion Box
Many folks, including myself prefer to invert the mouse look option.
I would suggest you add a simple option.
Allow user to invert the mouse look.
Post edited by saltil01 on

Comments

• vendril
    vendril Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yes, please include an invert mouse look option. Its very difficult to switch for just one game after years of playing with it the opposite way.
  • tdreamer
    tdreamer Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is already possible, it's just horribly labeled. Look for a checkbox named 'Zoom' in your game settings. It's on the same tab as your chat settings.
  • Carcia - Heavens Tear
    Carcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    this is not already avalible, the Zoom only inverts the way you zoom with the scroll wheel on your mouse, the mouse look is still not inverted

Please please please! add invert mouse so its possible to play this game

I'd really like to give it a try, but my brain don't work with non-inverted mouse in games like this so its impossible atm everytime I move around all I see is either sky or ground cause the camera moves the wrong way all the time
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I too would greatly appreciate such a feature. I can handle it when just walking around but when under pressure, in combat, older reflexes take over and I end up with the camera tilted all up or down.
  • Carcia - Heavens Tear
    Carcia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    as this aint a new game, and have existed in china for quite some time, have they never used invert mouse?

or is it something which been somehow lost in translation?
  • redmo
    redmo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes, I need this option I've always used invert mouse and it's an option on almost every game where you move the camera/look. I tought my kids the "normal" way so have to change it back everytime on games like CSS :) But until this option is available I can't play :)
  • selphieluv
    selphieluv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    -Why is there no option for invert mouse-

Every game I play has this option. Why can't they make a simple command line input for it. Waste of download, install and time for now :\
  • enumerator
    enumerator Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have the same problem. This is a huge issue that so many game designers overlook. This game is unplayable for me unless they fix it.
  • broogq
    broogq Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I too can not play unless it has invert mouse as an option. Too bad, I really like the game but my brain doesn't work that way. And, even if I do adjust to it, it will **** up my gameplay in all my other games that DO have invert options.b:angry
  • Fenwild - Heavens Tear
    Fenwild - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Add me down as another who cannot function well with out the Mouse Invert option and would like to see this option available.
  • streggi
    streggi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:irritated

I need an Invert mouse option too. Just switch up/down when using mouse look.

Thanx. b:thanks
  • brainspawn
    brainspawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was able to invert the y axis myself by using GlovePIE and a simple script.

Just download GlovePIE (I'm using v0.29 because the link for 0.30 is gone), and use this script:
    if mouse1.rightbutton then
       mouse.SwallowMovement=true
       mouse.DirectInputX = mouse.DirectInputX + Delta(mouse1.DirectInputX)
       mouse.DirectInputY = mouse.DirectInputY - Delta(mouse1.DirectInputY)
    else
        mouse.SwallowMovement=false
    endif

Hope that helps some people!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    jsut change it at the windows level.... before you start PWI, go to mouse settings and invert mouse axis. Some software even lets you save a profile file with those settings so you can switch on the fly.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • brainspawn
    brainspawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    jsut change it at the windows level.... before you start PWI, go to mouse settings and invert mouse axis. Some software even lets you save a profile file with those settings so you can switch on the fly.

Yeah that makes sense... I'm sure everyone that wants inverted for mouse-look will want the pointer reversed too. </sarcasm>

This script is for reversing the Y-axis only while the right-mouse button is held down. ie while mouse-looking. Durrrrr
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    brainspawn wrote: »
    Yeah that makes sense... I'm sure everyone that wants inverted for mouse-look will want the pointer reversed too. </sarcasm>

This script is for reversing the Y-axis only while the right-mouse button is held down. ie while mouse-looking. Durrrrr

Some people like to play with inverted axis...... although your script is great if you only want while using camera.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • dreadlockholiday
    dreadlockholiday Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Played for 15 mins trying to figure out how to invert mouse.
    Couldn't find the option. Gave up. Uninstalled game.

Too bad.
  • ragingchiamonkey
    ragingchiamonkey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No invert mouse or customizable mouse button controls kills this for me.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No invert mouse or customizable mouse button controls kills this for me.

Hey, read the dates of the posts next time please. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Nokturnal - Lost City
    Nokturnal - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Add this option please, hard to play for me without inv mouse.
  • krilnik
    krilnik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    need invert mouse too.
    can't get used to the current view.
    cheers
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Please do not necro threads.

Necro - Posting in a thread that has not been posted in for a month or more.
  • dexterp
    dexterp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hi all !

I just downloaded, installed this game, created a Character, just to see that I can't invert my mouse ?!

This game, and all other games without this option, are just unplayble !

Please add this OPTION !!!

Thanks !
  • mariak78
    mariak78 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No invert mouse look in this game omg...

Uninstall but it looks well... :/
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    What is that, the third time this single thread has been necro'ed?b:surrender

Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.