Why the hate for Paypal?

lyrielcrossfield
lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Clipboard01-13.jpg

It's bad enough outfits are so expensive, and the camel is crying from the straw of the minimum amount you can pay being $20...but you're **** Paypal users over on Bonus Zen too? :mad: Please explain.
Post edited by lyrielcrossfield on

Comments

• l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Maybe because they want to advertise google...... but.. I know paypal sucks because they get a lil interest on the money that you receive like for example.. I receive 60 bucks on other people.. I get $ 57.35 instead of full $60.. maybe that's their issue..
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Paypal is nothing short of a scam (as is the company that bought it: feEBAY)

You aren't being screwed, you're being guided. Paypal is bad. Ebay is bad. Both need to die, because both have much better alternatives but many people stick to what is popular, which pretty much kills competition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • retni
    retni Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I only use paypal to pay, not to be paid, so I don't lose money that way.
    Of the various online-money programs I've used, it's the only one that really works for me out of those I've looked into. I have yet to obtain a credit card.
    Miakis - Blademaster - Heaven's Tear
    Nyx - Venomancer - Heaven's Tear
    Flonne - Archer - Heaven's Tear
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You don't need a credit card for online purchases. Just get a debit card from your bank that's endorsed by Visa or MasterCard and you can use that online like any credit card.

ANd PayPal is very much a scam. Avoid them like the plague unless you like not being able to access your money at all times.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Would you rather give someone your bank account information or credit card info to send/recieve money or would you want to give them an email address?

Personally I'd rather give out my email than my personal financial information. That is what you pay for with paypal. They do not take a chuck of your money they take a fee for transferring it for you so you dont have to get scammed by giving out personal info you should have to.

There is a reason paypal is so popular. It is because it works. I have used it for aboug 4-5 years now and not once have I thought I was being cheated out by them. I have bought and sold through paypal. Not everything in this world is f2p.

If you dont try to scam people and you have a level head on your shoulders then you should have nothing to worry about.
    tinkus wrote: »
    You don't need a credit card for online purchases. Just get a debit card from your bank that's endorsed by Visa or MasterCard and you can use that online like any credit card.

ANd PayPal is very much a scam. Avoid them like the plague unless you like not being able to access your money at all times.

What do you mean? they do not block you from using your bank account or credit card. If the site has maint then they block you from using the site not your money. A website will have maint every once in awhile you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've read reports of PayPal locking people's accounts for unknown reasons and refusing them access to the money in their PayPal accounts. Enough for it to make me wary of ever using them.

Not saying it'll happen to everyone, but it has happened before. Here are a few stories aobut them: http://consumerist.com/search/paypal/
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Simple fix, don't keep money in your paypal account. The only time I've left money in there is when I sold a couple things to pay for something else so let it sit for a couple days until the both sales went through so I could buy what I was after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]