Won't Start Up

jmftw
jmftw Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
I just got done with my 3 hours of patching and already have another problem. I start the game up, the screen goes black, then I see the PW cursor, then I get that one error noise that windows makes and it closes. Any idea on what I could do? I really don't want to reinstall and go through all of that patching again.
Post edited by jmftw on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hmm... first, try updating your graphics drivers and DirectX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jmftw
    jmftw Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Both my graphics drivers and DirectX are up to date.
  • catalyst
    catalyst Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm having the exact same problem.I patched and even verified files, start up the client, screen goes black.Then the classic windows error noise chimes in the client closes and I'm back at desktop with no error message or anything to tell what happened.

I updated my drivers today and made sure i have latest directx

EDITMy problem was solved by a simple restart I feel like an idiot now xD
  • huylen
    huylen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    jmftw wrote: »
    I just got done with my 3 hours of patching and already have another problem. I start the game up, the screen goes black, then I see the PW cursor, then I get that one error noise that windows makes and it closes. Any idea on what I could do? I really don't want to reinstall and go through all of that patching again.

This is the same issue i am having.I just updated all drivers and did a restart,still when i click start i get the PW cursor and then it closes and i get dropped to desktop.Any other thoughts?

i used the verify files feature and it verified for a bit then it started to update files but on a19-1.t2bk it stopped and i get error "file download appear error-retry?" it has auto retried several times but keeps stopping at the same spot.thought this might help identify problem.
  • casimir
    casimir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    huylen wrote: »
    This is the same issue i am having.I just updated all drivers and did a restart,still when i click start i get the PW cursor and then it closes and i get dropped to desktop.Any other thoughts?

Got the same problem here.
    -Updated drivers : still wasn't able to run game
    -Un installed my patched CB version
    -downloaded whole game again
    -verified files
    -installed
    -patched
    -verified again
    -Start game - crash/freeze

Game ran perfectly fine for me on CB, can't see why now it suddenly wouldn't work any more. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.