Just two suggestion

Options
pawitz78
pawitz78 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Suggestion Box
I am really liking this game. Its one of, if not the best free to play MMORPG ever. With that said I just have two suggestions. First I think when you fall off of something high(like walking off a cliff or castle wall), you should take some sort of damage once you hit the ground. Jumping off is a different story thats a key function of the game. Lastly I think there should be an underwater breath meter. Once you have run out of breath, you should start to take damage. If you have not reached the surface of the water by the time you run out of health. Just like fight a NPC, you should die. With a breath meter before taking damage, ensures that you notice before you start drowning. There could be animation and sound effects as well. Well as I said other than these two things, the game is really solid. For a free to play MMORPG that is. It definitely better WOW in my book and WOW is a pay to play game, lol.
Post edited by pawitz78 on

Comments

• clarity
    clarity Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    no offense but.... *SSSSH!!! XD I love jumping off cliffs without hurting myself!*
    *I like to move it move it!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowninja
    shadowninja Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    jumping of stuff and not dyeing is awsome !!
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    breath meter thing is nice

and about there are a number of ways to misuse this "jumping and don't get hurt thing"

sky pvp battles can easily be avoided.

if a person is losing he will simply jump down :P or turn fly off and run
    but if the damage is on[when you fall] that person will die trying to escape ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    rofl its still faulty, i can find a number of ways to literally escape a magic battle ;p already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    this is not a reality simulation or sandbox -_- this is mainstream-grind/quest MMORPG. no to both
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • nephthys7
    nephthys7 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    jumping of stuff and not dyeing is awsome !!

I agree! So is being able to breathe underwater indefinitely! The game is fantasy... it's not supposed to mimic real life in every way!! Don't change a thing!!!!
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    it's a perfect world.. in a perfect world you don't have to breathe underwater and you won't die by falling from the sky. Btw, the animation of the elves when they turn flight off clearly shows they are not just dropping to the ground but "diving" to the ground
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clarity
    clarity Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    lets you run away from battle by jumping down? then what are the frost spells for? :P
    *I like to move it move it!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The drop damage is a good idea because alot of people just do that during PK to get away. But the breath meter idea is stupid since at 90+ you grind mostly in the water if your a DD. So that would cost you heaps of XP and time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    it's a perfect world.. in a perfect world you don't have to breathe underwater and you won't die by falling from the sky. Btw, the animation of the elves when they turn flight off clearly shows they are not just dropping to the ground but "diving" to the ground
    :D lol yes its a pretty cool looking animation if you ask me! Lets dive to our what would be almost death if we weren't in a "Perfect World" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • otane
    otane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ideas are nice but I think the no damage and no breath meter are what separate PW from other mmorpgs, I enjoy the idea of being able to run away from death by falling from heights. Haven't had to use it yet but it'll certainly be epic when I do.
    Yes works in progress are fun too.
    Uploading pictures of players breaking the rules> 5 mins
    Time it takes for admin to delete and ignore your post> 4 seconds
    Yes I dont' care if my siggy is rude it's true :/
  • topman
    topman Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    pawitz78 wrote: »
    I am really liking this game. Its one of, if not the best free to play MMORPG ever. With that said I just have two suggestions. First I think when you fall off of something high(like walking off a cliff or castle wall), you should take some sort of damage once you hit the ground. Jumping off is a different story thats a key function of the game. Lastly I think there should be an underwater breath meter. Once you have run out of breath, you should start to take damage. If you have not reached the surface of the water by the time you run out of health. Just like fight a NPC, you should die. With a breath meter before taking damage, ensures that you notice before you start drowning. There could be animation and sound effects as well. Well as I said other than these two things, the game is really solid. For a free to play MMORPG that is. It definitely better WOW in my book and WOW is a pay to play game, lol.
    dude that was what i was trying to tell you guys
  • pawitz78
    pawitz78 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK, OK, I see everyone's point. This is a perfect world, so the real world laws of science don't apply. Heck we fly on swords for cryin' out loud, lol. I guess the ideas came from playing games like the Tomb Raider series, the Indiana Jones series, WOW aka World of Warcrap, and all the other online and offline games that has these features in them