Pets and Mounts

Options
asteria
asteria Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I went on the PWI wiki and it says something about going to the pet master in evil city and I can't find evil city anywhere...anybody know what I can do to get a pet....thanks
Character - Etaoin (Female)
Race - Human
Class - Blademaster
Post edited by asteria on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In all 3 starter cities and in Archosaur, find a NPC called "Pet Manager". Talk with it and open "trade list". Choose the "ride" tab.

There you'll see horses for sale. 2.490.000 gold.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you mean a pet that will fight for you, you can only have one of those as a Venomancer.

There are fashion pets (there just for looks), but I'm not sure how to get those exactly. I think you have to buy them off of Venomancers?
  • asteria
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oh i thought you could do quests that give you an egg to summon and stuff
    Race - Human
    Class - Blademaster
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oh no, that's a Venomancer only skill. Though there are a few non-offensive pets they can catch and sell to anyone, they're rare and usually very expensive from what I've seen.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    [QUOTE=tinkus;439981Though there are a few non-offensive pets they can catch and sell to anyone, they're rare and usually very expensive from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

To begin with it cost 200k to make one all-class pet. Some of those are also rare spawn (12 hours apart) so they are also more expensives. And you need many eggs (5 or 8) to make one....

Others only requires regular mobs eggs, but most are high level mobs (70-some for the phesant and the large mechanical bunny, 84 for the fire salamander, 60 for the flying fox....)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I had no idea they took that much to produce. Ah well, something to shoot for in OB, I guess.
  • riskbreaker
    riskbreaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A horse isn't exactly a pet.. I thought there were like dragons and stuff. What about the mounts? Only horses? I guess since you can fly mounts may not be that necessary...
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A horse isn't exactly a pet.. I thought there were like dragons and stuff. What about the mounts? Only horses? I guess since you can fly mounts may not be that necessary...

Only horses are availaible from the NPC. Everything else, you'll have to buy from cash shop, or from players who get theirs from cash shop. Land mount are good to travel on short distance since they are faster than aviations. They are also great to gather crafting materials since you can cover a wider area with one and thus gather more mats than someone who is running on foot or flying.

As for the all classes pets, they must first be made by a venomancer, then everyone else can use them.

• asteria
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Only horses are availaible from the NPC. Everything else, you'll have to buy from cash shop, or from players who get theirs from cash shop. Land mount are good to travel on short distance since they are faster than aviations. They are also great to gather crafting materials since you can cover a wider area with one and thus gather more mats than someone who is running on foot or flying.

As for the all classes pets, they must first be made by a venomancer, then everyone else can use them.

I know this might be a stupid question but I'm new at this...whats a venomancer and where do I find one?
    Race - Human
    Class - Blademaster
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    asteria wrote: »
    I know this might be a stupid question but I'm new at this...whats a venomancer and where do I find one?

A venomancer is one of the class available to players.

• wildbanshe
    wildbanshe Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Venomancers are the girls version of the untamed. They have some poison spells and can catch mobs to fight for them.
  • asteria
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So I can get a pet from them? Meaning another player?
    Race - Human
    Class - Blademaster
  • wildbanshe
    wildbanshe Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Some pets only venomancer can use,(like the fighting ones) but they sell the none fighting ones sometimes. Just find a venomancer willing to sell. Yes other player, or you could just make a venomancer class and not have to worry about it.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So I can get a pet from them? Meaning another player?
    Only a few all-class pets exists (a dozen or so), and only a venomancer can make them. But they will not fight with you, they are only for show.

They cost a lot of money to make, you need 5 to 10 regular pet eggs to make one all-class pet egg. And many requires a high level venomancer to catch the eggs. (level 60+)

• infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm gathering Snow Hare eggs as we speak. Been doing it for quite a while. No idea how far apart the spawns are, but it's slooooow. Only got three out of five at the moment.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If those are the cutie bunny of MY-EN, they respawn at a one hour rate.

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm gathering Snow Hare eggs as we speak. Been doing it for quite a while. No idea how far apart the spawns are, but it's slooooow. Only got three out of five at the moment.

you doing that on the PWI version? :D can you post a screenie of the cute bunnys? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea, I noticed it's like.. 1 hour spawn time. xD

I JUST closed the game. D: I'll do it tomorrow, though, and make a thread in the screenshot forum so you can see it. :3

I got 4 eggs and then stopped. xD Off to bed with me!
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea, I noticed it's like.. 1 hour spawn time. xD

I JUST closed the game. D: I'll do it tomorrow, though, and make a thread in the screenshot forum so you can see it. :3

I got 4 eggs and then stopped. xD Off to bed with me!

ok thanks :) I'm excited to see them haha and what lvl I can have them maybe I can give my other character one when I capture them in OB :D I'm thinking of making a veno (main) and a cleric. but I am not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

A venomaner seduces beings to follow her. Location: Any street corner.

;)