Perfect World Suggestions & Changes

Options
sevendust
sevendust Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
In Game Name: Sevendust
Server PVP(Etherblade)

So after grinding for 12+ hours a day since beta launch, I have come across many likes and dislikes.

So to kick this review off, I will start with the most annoying dislikes of mine.

Traveling & Game Size.

THIS GAME IS SOO HUGE! This size is average and common in most MMO's. I feel the size of this game is not being used to its full potential. There are areas where the monsters are spread out and too few of them. This can come in handy for huge crowds of players so I'm not going to knock that to much. My main spacing problem is in the cities. Some of Etherblade and most of Archosaur is just too big. I think with the cities themselves reduced or better condensed, will help with traveling around the game and find the way around.

Speaking of traveling...It takes a really long time TOO. Running is slow, Teleportation is costly annoying placed. I have come up with a couple remedies fot this so the player does not spend so much time traveling. Make the Teleport service cheaper. I think anything over 150 is just to costy for simple getting around. Placing the teleport service in better area's can aswell ease some time traveling. Scrap the current teleport service and something along the lines of scroll teleporting. The player would then have to buy a scroll at the price of a 100 something gold per scoll. cetian scrolls could take one to different points on the map.

Interface

The interface takes some time to get use to. I found my self easily confused as to what to click. It just does not seem inviting at first but is pretty decent once learned. I do find it really annoying not able to to target near by NPC's at the press of a button or hotkey. This aswell goes for players. The preset key assigning does work but lacks and just makes certain precesses longer.

Camera

The camera is pretty nice. It would be cool to view things really far away. I noticed it can only zoom out a short distance.

Squad and Buddy System

The Squad and Friend system is really nice. Works fine. The only things I would change is The private chat window and more detailed player info window. The only annoying thing about buud private chat is submitting a message requires you to press Alt+S or clicking send. It should be either Enters or some other assignable button. About the player info window, i just thing it could be more specific about stats and look cleaner. Looking at someone else gets confusing at times.

Graphics and Music

This game looks pretty dam decent. I love the emoticons and animations. What I don't like is the blocky-ness the game has. Lots of building and items in the game just look soo blocky. A lot of the other area's and objects just look slopped together as if completed las min. I think the graphics can be A LOT stronger being that this is 2008 and most people have nice comps.

Thanks for reading. Post your ideas
Post edited by sevendust on

Comments

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sevendust wrote: »
    About the player info window, i just thing it could be more specific about stats and look cleaner.

Graphics and Music

This game looks pretty dam decent. I love the emoticons and animations.

I agree with you, I believe the player window should also List a persons lvl and job, I may be mistaken but none of that ever shows up when I examine anyone. =]
    Also! Yes the emoticons are so cute!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The Emoticons are imported directly from China...