Closed Beta Leveling Contest - finished

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Perfect World International is pleased to announce our Closed Beta leveling contest - starting right now!

Here's how it works, and whats at stake:

Anyone who reaches level 40 or above during our Closed Beta will receive 1000 ZEN once our Open Beta begins on September 2nd. Yep, you heard correctly - from now through September 2nd if you can level your character to a minimum of level 40 you will win REAL zen that will transfer to your account upon launch of Open Beta.

On September 2nd, we will be checking everyone's level as well as wiping all characters from the game. All ZEN will be given to players after the Open Beta servers have launched on the same day.

Happy leveling! :)
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i'd rather just pay the 10 bucks for it rather than grind my butt off for 2 days to get to level 40
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Interesting, and here I was wondering why I should bother getting up to 40, thanks for the motivation lol 6 lvls to go zzzzz

Hmm if the prices in the retail open mall are lowered as expected, 1000 zen could actually turn out ot be pretty cool... It already buys you a jaguar with current prices ^^
  • katryn
    katryn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm.. wonder if it could buy you a phoenix... *ponders*
    Hey, since Zen info has now been released *even if subject to change* can you now say a ball park figure on how much the phoenix would be? 10 zen, 1 zen, 100 zen, 1000 zen? Or at least to what current item mall item it might be comparatable to price wise. (exe. about the price of the Jag, or price of a Kirin... double that of a kirin, ect.)
    Still hoping to figure out around how much $$ I want to/can allow myself next month and how it fits my goals.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    Perfect World International is pleased to announce our Closed Beta leveling contest - starting right now!

Here's how it works, and whats at stake:

Anyone who reaches level 40 or above during our Closed Beta will receive 1000 ZEN once our Open Beta begins on September 2nd. Yep, you heard correctly - from now through September 2nd if you can level your character to a minimum of level 40 you will win REAL zen that will transfer to your account upon launch of Open Beta.

On September 2nd, we will be checking everyone's level as well as wiping all characters from the game. All ZEN will be given to players after the Open Beta servers have launched on the same day.

Happy leveling! :)

Why didnt PWI mention this at the start of Closed Beta??
    You think that people can get to lvl 40+ in 5 days with school,family,friends,homework in the way?

sealed~
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    katryn wrote: »
    Hmm.. wonder if it could buy you a phoenix... *ponders*
    Hey, since Zen info has now been released *even if subject to change* can you now say a ball park figure on how much the phoenix would be? 10 zen, 1 zen, 100 zen, 1000 zen? Or at least to what current item mall item it might be comparatable to price wise. (exe. about the price of the Jag, or price of a Kirin... double that of a kirin, ect.)
    Still hoping to figure out around how much $$ I want to/can allow myself next month and how it fits my goals.

1000 zen = 10 gold :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Man, normally you announce this kind of event at the beginning of the CB. I was content leaving my toon at 20 so I could idle around adc. 20 levels in about 6 days should be fun though. I have a slight motivation in playing PW during the CB now. I can imagine all the PKing that'll go on now to prevent people from hitting level 40.
  • lyrielcrossfield
    lyrielcrossfield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I pretty much have to agree with the sentiment that this should've been done at the beginning of CB. It's quite unprofessional to drop something like this now but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've never even seen how MMO CB contests are run. 1000 Zen really isn't worth the headache an emergency grind fest would cause at this point.
  • darkzor27
    darkzor27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wtf u announce this now???
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I pretty much have to agree with the sentiment that this should've been done at the beginning of CB. It's quite unprofessional to drop something like this now but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've never even seen how MMO CB contests are run. 1000 Zen really isn't worth the headache an emergency grind fest would cause at this point.

We could have announced this contest at the beginning of Closed Beta, but if we did we would of have had to set the bar much higher than level 40. Had we started sooner with a much higher level requirement, this would have definitely scratched our PvErs the wrong way, as they would be subject to many more levels of forced PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its better than nothing i guess...
    I am even not lv 10.. Ha ha...
    A nice chalenge, 40lv in 6days...
    The winers are already decided i guess...

Well since i joined this communety, i saw small eco tricks(i dont realy like them, it made me get a bad image...).
    Its the 1st mmo where those kind of stuff hapens directly and openly.
    But pwe did a great job, haha...
    (so pls in futur...)
  • ken
    ken Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it doesn't matter, atleast this event give people motivation to continue play CB
    and atleast there is reward that valid in open beta
    1000zen isn't much but it still worth it for people lvl 20+ to give it a try
    And thanks to these staffs, we have several events hooking up until the CB end.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    **** im only lvl 18, this blows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I started a new character the moment I saw this post and I'm 16 now. I can be 40 in a couple of days if I go for it.
  • tao
    tao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I guess I won't be getting much sleep in the next few days :eek:

Now I have to think whether to continue playing my blademaster or start a venomancer.
    The venomancer levels up incredibly fast, probably 3-4 times faster than the blademaster, at least at the early levels. A venomancer with the wasp pet really goes fast. They don't need to stop to drink or rest ever.

I just got a good idea, I still have a few zens left so I'm going to spend them all on mana+hp hieros and perhaps on some experience scrolls. I will continue to play my favorite character the blademaster and with mana+hp hieros he no longer needs to stop to drink or rest now.

Hopefully this is enough for me to go up 30 levels in the remaining few days. :rolleyes:
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Most stupid event ever.

Guess that's the only thing you found to keep players in the closed beta until the end.
    Had we started sooner with a much higher level requirement, this would have definitely scratched our PvErs the wrong way

You already did it by not opening a PvE server to bvegin with. Most of your PvE players did not even bother to play on the PvP server in closed beta.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    You already did it by not opening a PvE server to bvegin with. Most of your PvE players did not even bother to play on the PvP server in closed beta.
    i pity you.
    *moment of silence*
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea, i agree that this event should have been announced earlier, even if it had meant a higher level requirement.

Now its not even that balanced for all players since most have school,work etc to attend to and they wont have enough time to lvl up.

thanks for the event though.

You could have at least hinted there will be a lvl up-contest coming up in CB, without telling the level requirement, to let people know that all leveling isnt in vain because of the wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its just buisness, they didnt anounced it befor, to reduce the number of winers as much as possible, they count also in pk to reduce an other part of player who are already lv 30+.
    All they want is to keep players in Cb, and by the same way they know that the number of winers will be minimal. So they win in all ways.

But well, at least there will be players who will get something...
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i think it will be a bit lame coming from me but oh well.
    they give us free zen - we flame them
    they make a lvl contest - we flame them
    they enlarged the CB period - we flame them
    so basicly, when do we NOT flame them?
    its not like i am defending the dev team but hell i wouldnt want to be in their shoes lol
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Perfect World International is happy to announce our Closed Beta leveling contest.

Anyone who reaches level 40 or above during our Closed Beta will receive 1,000 ZEN once our Open Beta begins on September 2nd.

Happy leveling!

Im sry to say but this is totally idiot.......I've leveled all character classes and not just one and thats the reason why I don't have a lvl 40. You only give those Zen who grind 10 hours a day on 1 character but forgot that there are also people that played the same number of days but then for 3 -5 hours (because they have a life and/or didn't play the chinese version so they know all quests/mob locations) a day on multiple characters......You better give all CB testers 1000 zen since they have also played the game a lot (maybe on chatting, playing multiple level, having fun in groups etc) and not only those who played lots of hours on 1 char grinding......
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is already a thread about that subject.

Can't you read the forums before making a new one? :confused:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=30841
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Seriously, how old are you? 9? 10? 11? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • anyandrell
    anyandrell Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Me and my jag. I'm bragging of course.

:D

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1795/lvl40gk2.jpg
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    shizo wrote: »
    Seriously, how old are you? 9? 10? 11? :confused:

..................................Just didn't saw it.....and im not going to check all pages. It wasn't on frond page so.......Then they should make a search button...
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's on the site's main page, and stickied on the forums.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It wasn't on frond page so

It is on the first page....
    Then they should make a search button

There IS a search function....

• vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I hate people that whine about everything possible :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ..................................Just didn't saw it.....and im not going to check all pages. It wasn't on frond page so.......Then they should make a search button...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php ;)
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's even posted on your launcher!
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This contest is in fact on the front page, and your game's launcher.

Also its a contest, meaning, that it's something that has to be achieved.

If everyone was able to achieve it easily then it would be a giveaway not a contest. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]