What do you all think of the hp item in mall?

Options
icecream
icecream Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Im not shur the name as i am a new player but this item that wont let your hp go below 50%
seems to me imbalances the game to whoever can hit the hardest is this fair to all players :confused: The Hardest hitting player will always win with this item avalible
Do you think it should be removed from the item mall
I Would like to see as many players feedback on this
no flaming just say what you think about this item
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    icecream wrote: »
    Im not shur the name as i am a new player but this item that wont let your hp go below 50%
    seems to me imbalances the game to whoever can hit the hardest is this fair to all players :confused: The Hardest hitting player will always win with this item avalible
    Do you think it should be removed from the item mall
    I Would like to see as many players feedback on this
    no flaming just say what you think about this item

1 Minute Cooldown, plus if you attack hard enough, you can do it...
    It's like potions, but automatic.
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In PvE it is 10 seconds for reuse. However, I am not certain what it is in PvP in this version.

If its 10 seconds, then I see your point, however, if it is higher, then it might in fact be ok to use, even though it still give you an edge every "insert time here" in PvP.

EDIT: In addition, the classes are rather balanced on what they can do depending on the build.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    on MY-EN, it was 10 secs on the pvp servers (there are no pve servers there anyways lol ). I do wish cooldown would be increased (20, 30 secs?), to keep better balance, but it doesn't bother me that much.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it's 10 seconds for both pvp + pve.

and it's not that imbalanced as you think, heiro heals you at 50%, then during that 10 seconds you have enough time to kill the person.

remember pw pvp is about spike damage meaning huge amounts of dmg in a short periods of time.
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why does everyone keep bringing hieros into pvp? Ive been spending most of the time Im online dueling, and it DOES NOT WORK in pvp, the hiero only activates after the duel is over, regening you to full life... As long as the duel is on IT DOES NOTHING
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Duel and PvP are two thing.

Duel is not PvP.

And Hieros works in PvP.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Is that a formal PvP duel when this happens, ordoes it also happen PKing out in the wild?
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Why does everyone keep bringing hieros into pvp? Ive been spending most of the time Im online dueling, and it DOES NOT WORK in pvp, the hiero only activates after the duel is over, regening you to full life... As long as the duel is on IT DOES NOTHING

with "PvP" most people actually mean "PK". And it DOES work in this case.
    Also, I think it works in TW

I don't really care abot them cause i don't really care about PvP :p
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »

Yes it does. Been there.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only thing it ever does imbalance is a barbarian in PvP. Healing at 50%, meaning the more HP the more it does heal and harder it is to kill. Every other class is easy to kill. You just have to learn how to adjust, because they aren't going anywhere except bigger, better versions of them.
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dueling a barb: hieros don'T work
    pking a barb: who the hell would 1vs1 pk a barb? come with more ppl and kill him or something like that, he's a tank, of course he can tank you and run
    barb is pking you: uhm, well, unless he uses perdition you just stun him and run or something like that, his damage is quite low anyways
    TW: WF debuffs barb, 5-6 ppl focusfire him, dead, solved

not TOO imba if you ask me
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'll have to recheck the Herios again. I could of sworn when I was reading it's context that they said they won't activate during TWs, which I could of remembered thinking "Oh this is new"...
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hieros is what makes PW, it's the most popular item in cash shop. It forces someone to be able to drop his opponent within 10seconds or else they're useless.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think it's 1 minutes...
    But I'll check again later...
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ara wrote: »
    dueling a barb: hieros don'T work
    pking a barb: who the hell would 1vs1 pk a barb? come with more ppl and kill him or something like that, he's a tank, of course he can tank you and run
    barb is pking you: uhm, well, unless he uses perdition you just stun him and run or something like that, his damage is quite low anyways
    TW: WF debuffs barb, 5-6 ppl focusfire him, dead, solved

not TOO imba if you ask me

Umm, you saying it takes 5-6 people alone screams "overpowered" when the rest of the classes only take one person. Try reading what you said, wow. You basically reinforced my point of how a barbarian is a walking tank with a hierogram while everyone else is still easily killed. His damage isn't low either, and its more than enough to take out every class except a blademaster.

I personally don't care because I can take out barbarians solo, I'm only bringing this up because you guys are saying they don't imbalance the classes. It gives a much larger advantage to a high HP class than a low HP class.
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    my point is WHY would you try to 1vs1 some random barbarian?

he levels like ****, needs hp hieros like hell and just wastes them away in pvp and everything, so he's damn expensive to play.

And some nice magic class can still kill barbs 1vs1 (high lvl mage with crit maybe).
    Just 5-6 physical classes, maybe 2 magical classes.

it's like 1 magic class won't kill a robecleric, doesn't say cleric is overpowered.

if every class would be able to easily kill the best tankclass ingame 1vs1, then we would be in dire lack of a tankclass in this game.
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A wizard can one hit a robe cleric, and a cleric can one hit a robe wizard, learn the game before you discuss like this. Like I already said, every class can kill every class except barbarian.

I don't care that barbarians are hard to kill, its what I've been saying is that hierograms give them a much larger advantage than everyone else. Also like you said, barbarians are soloable under conditions that he just stands there and doesn't attack back. Add in his stun and his damage beating your **** in its much harder to beat out his hierogram. A barbarian will kill a magic class before you get off all the spells needed to kill him, which means you have to hit and run, meaning that only gives his hierogram time to tick and heal him again.

Why would you 1v1 a wizard? Why would you 1v1 a blademaster? That question is stupid, and the reason is called balance. The reason you 1v1 someone is you expect the classes to be balanced so you may see who is the better player.
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ofc a cleric can onehit a wizard (does have physical atk after all, well, ok, extreme high lvl wizard with maxed earth shield may be some different sory)

if you wanna 1vs1 someone go duel anyways

and hieros give barbs a larger advantage and COST them a fortune.
    Hiero ticks on WF: oh noe, 2k hp gone from hiero
    Hiero ticks on Barb: oh no, 20k gone on hiero

If you wanna annoy a barb run around him and let his hiero tick 500 times, whatever, let it tick till it's out. You'll annoy the **** out of him anyways.
    And yes, HE IS HARDER TO KILL, so i see your point, and yes, hiero does give him even more survivability, so i get your point there.
    Is it imba because of that? no, imho not.

And if you try to flame me with that "learn the game" ****, go out and play with your 14 year old friends instead of discuss like a normal person in here, can't be that hard.
  • haiz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You're forgetting about the part where the WF dies and has a large tick to regain all his life after death, and a WF doesn't do 20k damage to a barbarian if he only does 2k. Get your numbers straight.

And a cleric can only one hit a wizard at high levels, low levels it is more or less impossible. I'm talking from experience as I have been one hit by a cleric when I was a 9x wizard and I got one hit by a level 9x cleric. I could just as well one hit the cleric too.

As for your "hey lets make a barbarians hierogram tick 500 times!" is dumb. After the first time he'll just walk over to you and kill your pink **** while you helplessly try to make his hierogram tick. Hope you don't drop anything important when your name is pink.

I say learn the game because you clearly don't have much experience in this game to argue about what you think you know. If you want to discuss "normal" things, try getting numbers straight or using actual experience instead of what you maybe read.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    with "PvP" most people actually mean "PK". And it DOES work in this case.

I don't really care abot them cause i don't really care about PvP :p

PK = you're red
    PVP = you're pink
    duel = NOT pvp
    arena = NOT pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    y sorry that i mostly have guild pvp and TW experience from MY-EN and didn't waste my time running around trying to solo WBs.

Honestly? I don't give a damn about 1vs1 against a WB, because not too many ingame situations require you to 1vs1 a WB anyways.

So let them have their high hp, doesn't let them level any faster or anything.
    If you make a full con WR you can basically also get some hp (not as many as WB, ok, i give you that), so is a full con WR imba because of CS-items?
  • kin
    kin Posts: 10
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only comment that the Kin has is that he wishes they had a longer cooldown in PVP/PK. 10 seconds can go by fast, it's not really that long. And if your enemy has a decent amount of HP, well it's easy for them to survive. The Kin is not really much of a spike fighter. Played it, and The Kin thinks it to be rather boring and lacking skill. Wow, you run up and mash F4, F5, F6 and watch the person drop..>.> Yeah.

If Hiero's had a 1 minute delay, they'd be useful, but also give time for your warriors who choose to spec in quick, smaller strikes, (Like fists etc) a purpose. RF Done sort of the same thing. Potion cooldown time was insane on it. To kill someone, it was REQUIRED you had spike damage, and that kind of ruins the fun of a game. Where's the tactics? The strategies? What's the point of a DoT that lasts 15 seconds, if their heiro ticks every 10 seconds? Who cares if your DOT does 5k over 15 seconds. If they can live long enough for their hiero to tick, boom. They live.1 minute delay gives them enough HP, and enough time to take down a larger class such as a WB / Barbarian as well. It gives them basically 1.5 x the health, but wouldn't make them "omg invincible" either. That's just the Kin's response.

Now admittedly, The Kin hasn't played the endgame of PW, so he's not sure how it'll go. The End game of RF however, either you were a Templar, Summoner or Wizard, else you were useless. All the other classes, Guardian, steeler, etc. They all paled in comparison to the spiker classes which kind of sucked.
  • ara
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i actually agree with kiniboy on that one, a higher cooldown would be nice, even if i don't think that barbs are overpowered with hiero :D
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Higher cooldown = less hiero wasting = less money for PWE
    Besides endgame dungeon bosses requires constant hiero ticking, you'll be thankful for those hieros saving your life.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • zori
    zori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just let the new people find out how hiero's will work at higher levels >.>; as we did in PW-MY. No point in arguing.
  • naris
    naris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Too lazy to quote multiple people so I"ll just say some of my thoughts on the matter.

1. It's a 10 second cooldown.
    1a. At later levels a boss will force it to tick every 10 seconds with a single hit, while your clerics try desperately to keep the tank alive (ticking their mp at 75%)
    1b. 75% of mp happens FAST for most casters.

2. Fist "Blademasters" have an extremely high crit rate (usually second only to archers) because of their focus on agility.

3. If a barbarian annoys you enough to attempt to pk him, forcing him to waste his cash shop gear (and thus his real money) is a sort of sadistic justice. Therefore, killing him may not be seen as an ultimate goal for some pkers.

Now especially directed towards haiz:

Barbarians have a definite LACK of ranged spells. It is entirely possible to kite one depending on how skilled you are, what your class may be, and how stupid said barbarian is.

One of the barbarian's most potent attacks drains half their life in a single, obscenely powerful blow. One of the most powerful Venomancer's skills reflects 200% of melee damage (like what the barbarian does), and allows them to only take 25% of the damage. This scenario isn't too common, but would result in an embarrassing situation for the barbarian.

A cleric is able to use cyclone and sleep to weaken a barbarian, and are more than capable of ripping apart their (usually) weak magic defense. The same could be said of a wizard's seal and teleport spells.

Archers have stun, and the crit chance. I'm not too sure how a blademaster or another barbarian could beat one with a hierogram though... as I have no experience in that area.

EDIT: faruxue, if PWE made less money because the hieros would take longer to wear out (from a longer cooldown), they'd probably make much more money on those dolls...
  • jessica
    jessica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've been worrying about the heiros--they seem to be the only thing in the item mall that actually poses a threat to the balance of the game. If someone has the $$ to spend on them, then they will win in a battle against someone who cannot afford to buy one. Unless the person they are fighting is a much higher level than they are.
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They make money from those people that constantly burns hiero from HH runs.
    There's a reason why MP hieros sells way faster than HP hieros, because in a dungeon MP burns way faster than HP. In a pk, HP burns faster than MP.

Hiero gets wasted just about anywhere when you wear 1. Arena, After a duel, Dungeons, TW, zhen parties, and open pk.
    While dolls are only lost in open pk and in dungeons when Priests die.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • zori
    zori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    >.> I would say hieros make the game more balanced, with exception to WBs.