wing customization

Options
hashbrown
hashbrown Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
this is just an idea I had, input is welcome

I propose that elves be able to customize their starting set of wings, like color or pattern or something of the sort. as it is they are very nice but a little customization would go along way, basically even if you buy different wings you will always have a pair that are unique to yourself and that you would use for looks or fun, or whatever else, which is pretty much how it is anyways seeing as the starter pair doesnt give any speed bonus.

It really doesnt matter a whole lot, but I think it would be cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I make no sense
Post edited by hashbrown on

Comments

• pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    good idea, problem is the wings are an item. not built into your character. so there's no way to correctly sync your wing design and the server design (without massive server load)
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Your starting set of wings can give you a 2.0 speed boost. If you were able to customize wings then it'd also make some of the cash shop wings useless as they are just normal wings but colored. Just stick to the cash shop for your new, customized wings. There will be many kinds but normally the cheaper suckier wings less people have so you can be more unique if you use those.
  • hashbrown
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pxragez0r wrote: »
    good idea, problem is the wings are an item. not built into your character. so there's no way to correctly sync your wing design and the server design (without massive server load)

so then maybe there could be a begining quest with an npc that has the options for customization?
    haiz wrote: »
    Your starting set of wings can give you a 2.0 speed boost. If you were able to customize wings then it'd also make some of the cash shop wings useless as they are just normal wings but colored. Just stick to the cash shop for your new, customized wings. There will be many kinds but normally the cheaper suckier wings less people have so you can be more unique if you use those.

I didnt know they could get a boost, or are you talking about flight mastery? because even if you are that applies to all wings I thought, so even with the bonus the starter wings would still go slower than the cashshop ones, and unless they add more wings I dont see much customization because theres brown wings, bat wings, and butterfly wings and thats it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I make no sense
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hashbrown wrote: »
    so then maybe there could be a begining quest with an npc that has the options for customization?

yeah but that doesn't solve the problem.. you're CREATING a new item.. say there are 10 thousand people playing PW, then there would be 10k different wing items.. a bit too much trouble..
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hashbrown
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pxragez0r wrote: »
    yeah but that doesn't solve the problem.. you're CREATING a new item.. say there are 10 thousand people playing PW, then there would be 10k different wing items.. a bit too much trouble..

ok, I can see that being a problem :o, so then maybe a way to dye them different colors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I make no sense
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I didnt know they could get a boost, or are you talking about flight mastery? because even if you are that applies to all wings I thought, so even with the bonus the starter wings would still go slower than the cashshop ones

Flight mastery only works with those basic wings you start off with.
    and unless they add more wings I dont see much customization because theres brown wings, bat wings, and butterfly wings and thats it

There will be more wings added in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hashbrown
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok, I thought it worked for all wings, my bad, same with the wings, my bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I make no sense