Improvements for full version

Options
robertjanvaneijk
robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
My personal list:

*Little Graphic update (bloom, HDR (maybe), high res options?).
*Configurable keys, autowalk etc.
*More diffrent sounds.
*( Little) AI improvement.
*Xp needed to level 1/4 from what it is now or make a buff time like in other mmorpg (rest) which gives you 4-5 hours a day 1000% increased xp gain so the people that don't play 12+ hours a day could catch up with those people easy (just make a timer that counts down when you first login that day and stops if you take a 1 hour brake. When you login after that brake it resumes again. It will be resetten every day).
*Better party search options.
Post edited by robertjanvaneijk on

Comments

• vaelissa
    vaelissa Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I wouldn't expect any engine improvements or game play changes unless they are already in place in the original version of the game. Then again, who knows.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What you are playing now, is what you will be playing at release - with minor bug and text fixes.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nothing of what you ask will happen anytime soon.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Nothing of what you ask will happen anytime soon.

well making you able to config your own keys and making a auto walk isn't that hard...
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well making you able to config your own keys and making a auto walk isn't that hard...
    ^true................................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    *Configurable keys

I would LOVE this option.
    I play games goofy. (I use my mouse with my left hand.)
    It's VERY hard to play games that require you to use "wsad" keys to move.
    Anyways, since that is the current case I have to play the point and click game.
    Oh well, it's not game breaking but I won't be any good at pvp probably because of it. =/
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

there is an auto walk.. double press forward or click a really far point.
    ruve wrote: »
    I would LOVE this option.
    I play games goofy. (I use my mouse with my left hand.)
    It's VERY hard to play games that require you to use "wsad" keys to move.
    Anyways, since that is the current case I have to play the point and click game.
    Oh well, it's not game breaking but I won't be any good at pvp probably because of it. =/

z0mg. your the first person other than me i've ever met to use a mouse left handed.. :O
    REJoice! Im not alone!

:p totally should start a guild for left hand mouse users xD

~oh and I have a customized left handed keyboard from Razer. pwnz totally. let me remap every key according to games.
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cellie
    cellie Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My personal list:
    *Configurable keys, autowalk etc.
    *Xp needed to level 1/4 from what it is now or make a buff time like in other mmorpg (rest) which gives you 4-5 hours a day 1000% increased xp gain so the people that don't play 12+ hours a day could catch up with those people easy (just make a timer that counts down when you first login that day and stops if you take a 1 hour brake. When you login after that brake it resumes again. It will be resetten every day).

Have to agree on these (except that the buff shouldn't give more than +100% exp, other than that, there should be a penalty for playing that 12 hours a day,say: first 2 hours of +100% exp, then 2 hours of +0% exp and if you play more than 4 hours a day, you get -50% for the rest of the time, and no, i'm not a casual player myself) and add a few of my own:
    Territory changes:

-Less money from territories, fake guild bid checks by gm's and lastly: no cap on how many territories have to be defended, if you own 10, you have to have people to defend 10.

PVP changes

-Hierograms (hp/mp) either removed or changed so that they can regenerate points slower (f.ex: after hp's drop below 50%, hierogram kicks in and gives you
    +100 hp (bronze/50, silver/100, gold/200) per second regeneration until you are full again (or a certain time has passed, like 10-15 seconds) and then a _10_ second cooldown period starts).

-20 to 30% less damage in pvp to make fights more strategy and less zerg as the hierograms would not be as strong

-A further -50% (in addition to the existing) from air to ground penalty. All pvp seems to revolve around playing around with fly and jump, its ridicilous.

-Cooldown (+10-15 secs) for enabling flying machines (but not disabling them) to make pvp less "i jump and fly, cast a skill and the drop down and rince/repeat, melee classes frustration anyone?"

-If not that, then change jumping mechanics so that you can't jump to make melee impossible (no, i will not be a melee class in ob, this just seems so dumb).

-If that's no good, then change it so that melee classes can use skills while jumping and make their range longer in relation to the height axis so people can't get away simply by jumping around, this would be the simplest fix.

UI changes:

-When using extension stones, the slots would just add up to the graphics (just like the 8 slots you get to bank when doing quest) and no slider. This could be a toggleable option.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cellie wrote: »
    Have to agree on these (except that the buff shouldn't give more than +100% exp, other than that, there should be a penalty for playing that 12 hours a day,say: first 2 hours of +100% exp, then 2 hours of +0% exp and if you play more than 4 hours a day, you get -50% for the rest of the time, and no, i'm not a casual player myself) and add a few of my own:

Hmm that would work very well i think it will stop players who play 15 hours a day or with more then one on one char :)BB was only lvl 100 in 3 months cause they played with 4 people on that char 24/7...I would even say after 10 hours you gain no xp anymore cause almost no real player plays that long except powerlevelers, bods or more people on 1 char.. :P
  • ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pxragez0r wrote: »
    t
    z0mg. your the first person other than me i've ever met to use a mouse left handed.. :O
    REJoice! Im not alone!

:p totally should start a guild for left hand mouse users xD

~oh and I have a customized left handed keyboard from Razer. pwnz totally. let me remap every key according to games.

AMG! GOOFY FTW! ^_~
    ooOOoo customized keyboard! Lucky you!
    I got a pink keyboard and mouse that cost me like 20 bucks at circuit city. lawl
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

I have the feeling that if it's not currently on the chinese version of the game, you won't see it here.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A majority of the changes that are coming prior to Open Beta are bug fixes and localization changes.

There are however a lot of good suggestions in this thread, hence why it's being moved to the Suggestions forum. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm that would work very well i think it will stop players who play 15 hours a day or with more then one on one char :)BB was only lvl 100 in 3 months cause they played with 4 people on that char 24/7...I would even say after 10 hours you gain no xp anymore cause almost no real player plays that long except powerlevelers, bods or more people on 1 char.. :P

Eh, as long as weekends have some leniency. During week days sure that could work, but week ends you are going to have more players casual and not that could easily be playing 10+ hrs.

After Thought:

Killing EXP gained though I'm not a fan of the idea. I mean this game I'm just not seeing enough extra content that would actually want me to stay even if I'm not making EXP, so it's like ok I made my daily EXP amount now what do I do? Would likely just stop playing and wait till tomorrow, some of my friends I could see that annoying them to a point that they would just stop playing.

To this concept the best implimentation I've seen is how WoW does it. You generate bonus exp gain returning 200% of normal EXP, the bonus depletes on kills. The rate of depletions of the bonus is essentially measured by how long has the character been in a state generating this bonus exp (Rested).

Concept Example:
    So say the bonus gives 200% of normal EXP calculated on 1 mob for every 20 min. (So in 1hr. you get a 200% bonus for 3 mob kills). To prevent breaking on it too the amount of bonus EXP gainable is also measured as 1%-2% of TNL for every 20 min. (So a person at a level that needs 10,000 EXP to level after 1 hr. being rested gets a potential bonus gainable EXP of 600).

So in the above the bonus EXP ends when the person has either killed 6 mobs or killed mobs that returned higher EXP to the point that they got the 600 bonus off less then 3. I mean in a 24 hr span of this calculating would mean a 200% EXP bonus off 72 mobs or until the 14,400 bonus EXP is gained which ever comes first.

The mob count would generally be similar the variant though is potential gainable EXP. So a player at a level that needs 5,000 EXP to level then in a 24hr span of being in the "rested" state would get bonus EXP potential of 7,200. Enough to try and help them get 1 level for being in a rested state for 24hrs.

The above is not an exact representation of how WoW does it, it's a model of the basic concept. Reason you use a percent off the current TNL for the player is because if you use a set amount then it makes the effect to strong at low levels and weakens to being useless at higher levels. Then again at this point I guess it's more philisophical on which way is better. Want to be able to have players to get through the first 30 levels at a good speed but after that just deplete or always allow a way for friends to try and stay within general level of eachother.