gold prices

haiz
haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Zen pricing. Since we all got free gold, we now know the conversion and how much the shop costs. Now assuming that the current item shop doesn't change in price any, I'm really turned off. Basically 1 dollar, is equal to 1 gold. It's a nice, simple conversion, but when you look at it, that's three dollars per silver hierogram. Anyone who has played a previous version knows how fast you can go through these and compared to the other versions, this is a complete rip off.

I do believe in other servers each gold costed roughly 33 cents, at least that is what I read. Here it is a dollar each and being tripled makes everyone much much, more expensive. I used to think "Wow, cool they lowered mounts and a lot of items in gold price," but all they did was jack up the price to get one gold.

1$ = 1 gold does not make a very good conversion.
Post edited by haiz on

Comments

• kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wow, i just noticed that as well

1 gold = $1 USD

that makes it 3x more expensive for silver FU compared with MY version. i hope they change this.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kittykat wrote: »
    wow, i just noticed that as well

1 gold = $1 USD

that makes it 3x more expensive for silver FU compared with MY version. i hope they change this.

Cash shop prices are always subject to change. In fact some of the items you bring into question have already been changed on our side, and will be updated prior to our Open Beta launch on September 2nd. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just want to say that current prices in the Cash Shop are subject to change and what you see now is not necessarily the prices that you will see in the actual game. In fact, prices for some items will change at the launch of Open Beta.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Cash shop prices are always subject to change. In fact some of the items you bring into question have already been changed on our side, and will be updated prior to our Open Beta launch on September 2nd. ;)

Thats wonderful. Really most items are fine, but the hierograms are the main issue here because they are without a doubt one of the most used items from the item shop. I do believe clothes are a little bit too high as well.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    hi there GMs,

i hope other items as well are adjusted to come close to that of PW-MY servers. i understand the cost of living is higher in the USA than MY, but i still hope that the majority of cash shop items come close to that of the MY servers.

edit: btw, is it me or is xarfox's avatar so much cuter than dvorak's. if i wasn't so lazy i would add a puke emote after i mentioned dvorak's avatar. ;p
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah because it's not worth 40 bucks for a mount, and one thing that WILL happen at least with me eventually, marriage, will take a while to save up for if I have to spend my 30 bucks for HALF of the items needed. As well of course as the heiros and dolls.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • faytless
    faytless Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you say the cash shop prices are subject to change, but that DOESNT change the fact that $1 = 1 Zen...

edit: im greatly disappointed, a grand game completely ruined due to a greedy company. please i beg you to correct me otherwise
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hey faytless, how about this ? 4758.jpg
  • faytless
    edited August 2008
    ^ doesnt show, cant hot link to that image
  • kyofubad99
    kyofubad99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    faytless wrote: »
    you say the cash shop prices are subject to change, but that DOESNT change the fact that $1 = 1 Zen...

edit: im greatly disappointed, a grand game completely ruined due to a greedy company. please i beg you to correct me otherwise

It does actually. its $1 = 1GOLD
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    No hotlinking rofl,

As for the price changes, I don't think they want us to go to the MY version nor do they want to rid potential customers, you may earn more with higher prices, but less customers, with really low prices you have ton of customers, but lower income, the price in the middle ftw. :)
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    its not "hotlinking" :), its actually just a link to the image, like if i were posting a pic of myself. This forum doesnt allow hot links so its a link ^^
  • kamina
    kamina Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Where does it actually say $1=1 gold? Someone please enlighten me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Kamina
    Class: Lv. 58 EA
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: UnLimited
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    its not "hotlinking" :), its actually just a link to the image, like if i were posting a pic of myself. This forum doesnt allow hot links so its a link ^^

Click your own link and take a look...
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kamina wrote: »
    Where does it actually say $1=1 gold? Someone please enlighten me.

Same questionning.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    1 gold = 100 zen. It can be inferred that then, 1$ will get you 100 zen, which is equal to 1 gold.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    1 gold = 100 zen. It can be inferred that then, 1$ will get you 100 zen, which is equal to 1 gold.

Well.. it could as well be inferred that $0.50 will get you 100 zen, no? Or even $0.25....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Well.. it could as well be inferred that $0.50 will get you 100 zen, no? Or even $0.25....

True, but the conversion that comes to mind right off based on the 100 to 1, is 1$ per 100 zen. They match exactly.

100 pennies in a dollar
    100 zen in a gold.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008

o..on the front page, they said they will give each account $50 worth of zen. turned out to be 5,000 zen or 50 gold.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    True, but the conversion that comes to mind right off based on the 100 to 1, is 1$ per 100 zen. They match exactly.

100 pennies in a dollar
    100 zen in a gold.

So, it's only speculation, there was no real statement about it.

This can very well turn out like that story about the boy who cried "wolf!"...

• zoefox
    edited August 2008
    o..on the front page, they said they will give each account $50 worth of zen. turned out to be 5,000 zen or 50 gold.

There is that too. lol

I didn't see that.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008

mmmm. Maybe I'm tired.. I cannot find it. Can you provide a link please?

• zoefox
    edited August 2008
    I looked. I don't see anything about 50$ either.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    mmmm. Maybe I'm tired.. I cannot find it. Can you provide a link please?

o.O i think they removed that part. it was either in the instructions or on the front page "i got free zen" banner that said every beta account was getting $50 worth of free zen. i can't find it anymore, so i assume it was changed or removed :confused:
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    May be ^^... They are smart to change it fast ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buny
    buny Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes, they did indeed change it. It has been removed and pictures add to walk you through adding the zen. My whole guild saw it. I'm not that worried about it. I'm not going to pay for Zen if it is that expensive. But, I have faith that the prices will be changed and will be reasonable. If they do not change I will have to find a cheaper game to play. While some people are saying you do not have to purchase the item mall items to be sucessful in the game... I know from experience that it sure does help. I think everyone should just wait and see before they decide to quit or go back to another version of perfect world. After all the lag free enviroment is rather nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sinful Leader
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008

something tells me you didn't see this in start of thread so I am quoteing it just in case:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faytless
    edited August 2008
    WOW... omg i thought 1 zen is equivalent to 1 cubigold, but rather its 1 zen = 1 cubicoin

thats even worse than what i thought it would be... YOU WIN~ gratz on a prosperous and successful journey ahead Perfect World International!!

edit:

umm you guys should read more carefully, it no where states that they will change the prices on gold at all, only to adjust the cash shop prices slightly to advert your attention away from the big problem which we are debating about
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just wait till OB then judge about this topic, too soon to say anything...
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    Just wait till OB then judge about this topic, too soon to say anything...

you right about that too much soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.