Known as Royay~ :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by royayxixi on

Comments

• zori
    zori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Um, in the long run, maybe the cost of Hierograms.

I got to lvl 85 on PW-MY, and leveling without one is tough. Oh, and teleporting to point A to point B, using the world mission (you get at lvl 70), will be costly too :O
  • royayxixi
    royayxixi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zori wrote: »

I got to lvl 85 on PW-MY, and leveling without one is tough. Oh, and teleporting to point A to point B, using the world mission (you get at lvl 70), will be costly too :O

I has no idea what you just said. -w-;;;;
    This game sounds fun D:
    DAMMIT! HURRY UP SEPTEMBER 2nd! DX<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    royayxixi wrote: »
    whats the worse part about this game

The open PvP server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    The open PvP server.

you mean the best part of the game?
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    worst would be uhm.. moving around is slow.
    There is 100000 options and buttons on the ui to get the hang of.

Once you get the basics down its a lot of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • royayxixi
    royayxixi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zori wrote: »

The open PvP server.

Open PVP ?! D:
    So anyone can come up and randomly kill you?
    ._____.
    Thas not cool. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    On the PVP servers, once you hit level 30, yes, anyone above that level can kill you at any time outside of safe zones like cities.

Currently the test servers are all PVP, but once OB starts there will be one PVP and one PVE (PVP-optional) server.
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    - learning curve
    (first hour of gameplay: hieros?huh? mats? chi? cultivation? legendary? wtf??? )
    -movement speed
    (okey i got all things to finish the quest. [10minutes passed] oh damn i lack 1 more[10minutes agaian to go back] pokey done...[another 10minutes later to go back to npc] )
    -monsters regain their hp when their UI didnt noticed you
    (-wth? do they have god mode or something???)
    -90% of the quests are about killing mobs
    (okey so i need to kill XX mob 1 XX mob2 XX mob 3 and so on...)
    -false F2P title
    (you dont buy things from CS = you loss 50% of gameplay)
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    irbis wrote: »
    - learning curve
    (first hour of gameplay: hieros?huh? mats? chi? cultivation? legendary? wtf??? )

I think the game does a good job of explaining everything if you do the beginner quests. I had no problem understanding everything.
    -movement speed
    (okey i got all things to finish the quest. [10minutes passed] oh damn i lack 1 more[10minutes agaian to go back] pokey done...[another 10minutes later to go back to npc] )

I agree it's a bit slow, but the world is also comparatively huge compared to some games. Plus you can get mounts later, so that alleviates some of the speed issues. Also, tracking quests helps you not forget things.
    -monsters regain their hp when their UI didnt noticed you
    (-wth? do they have god mode or something???)

I've encountered this as well. Limitation of the engine, I suppose.
    -90% of the quests are about killing mobs
    (okey so i need to kill XX mob 1 XX mob2 XX mob 3 and so on...)

Welcome to MMOs!
    -false F2P title
    (you dont buy things from CS = you loss 50% of gameplay)

Every game, and I mean every game that's f2p and has an Item Mall of some kind operates on the same principle. You're not forced to buy anything to play the game, but by spending money you could have an easier time/better gear/special visual improvements. Personally, the only thing I'd spend money on now would be the inventory expansions and possibly heirograms later on.
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    not really. being near 30 lvl after a whole week of playing i still dont know how to craft stuff for example. or wth dragon quests actouly are. and more more other things. also i forgot one thing on the list:
    -ppl act as bots (lol) its very rare to hear anybody talking here, or answearing for you question. most ppl ive met are like zombies, minding their own bussines and its even more rare that anybody will help a noob when he ask about stuff.
    about the mounts. yea but you need like 40 lvl for that which is (idk about you but for me:) like a whole month or more of gameplay.
    the killing issue. huh? how many games did you played? i can give you a big list of of MMO and quests examples that are not about killing and only killing. one of the first cultivation quest is a great example of a creative and interesting quest. but thats one...
    about CS. if something is F2P and have CS most of the items from it give you like good look, more character customisation. in overall-little nice things that affects only your mood and others jelousy lol. not the game play itself. i say this thing is not well balanced here, and if this matters anything i got 14 years of gameplay as a backround of my words, also ive played tons of MMOs so i really CAN compare stuff you know.
    perfect example of bad balanicig is that good old "hay/cage quest" for venomancer. you can waste a whole day to get all the hay that is needed or just few bucks to buy the cage and v'la! problem solved!
    CS options to solve issues = real money and your done
    Non-CS option = great amount of time and efford wasted.
    compare how you can solve things in both ways, CS and NonCS and i belive you will see my point. the distance is incredible betwen those two. i do understand that they need money to run the game and stuff if money is so much needed then **** this F2P bias and just make a montly fee for me to play.
    -severan
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    royayxixi wrote: »
    Open PVP ?! D:
    So anyone can come up and randomly kill you?

Once you reach level 30 and if you are outside of safe zones, yes.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    -ppl act as bots (lol) its very rare to hear anybody talking here, or answearing for you question. most ppl ive met are like zombies, minding their own bussines and its even more rare that anybody will help a noob when he ask about stuff.

This is where having a good guild is important for.

• tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    not really. being near 30 lvl after a whole week of playing i still dont know how to craft stuff for example. or wth dragon quests actouly are. and more more other things.

Not to be rude, but not knowing how to craft is your fault. I had crafting figured by level five of my first day playing. The game explicitly spells out how to craft with one of the quest lines, and, save for finding the materials, basically holds your hand to teach you.
    also i forgot one thing on the list:

I've been in many communities where people are rude and condescending to newer players. I've also learned to either keep asking or find the information on my own. As for people rarely talking, where are you at and when do you play? My chat box was usually constantly scrolling with chatter, and even more so now that we have (mandatory) World Chat.

If you find a game where everyone is nice and helpful all the time, make sure you publish your discovery, as I'm sure it'll rank right up there with finding Atlantis.
    about the mounts. yea but you need like 40 lvl for that which is (idk about you but for me:) like a whole month or more of gameplay.

It's a reward for playing to a certain level. Lots of MMOs have rewards like that. Even the mounts you have to pay for have a level restriction.
    the killing issue. huh? how many games did you played? i can give you a big list of of MMO and quests examples that are not about killing and only killing. one of the first cultivation quest is a great example of a creative and interesting quest. but thats one...

Okay, give me examples of f2p MMORPGs where the majority of quests are not of the extermination type.
    about CS. if something is F2P and have CS most of the items from it give you like good look, more character customisation. in overall-little nice things that affects only your mood and others jelousy lol. not the game play itself. i say this thing is not well balanced here, and if this matters anything i got 14 years of gameplay as a backround of my words, also ive played tons of MMOs so i really CAN compare stuff you know.

I take it you're talking about Hierograms? I agree they offer an advantage. For a price. And they're most useful in PvP. Other than that, the only things I saw in the Shop that added anything were the socketing items and the line that guaranteed upgrade success.

Oh, and if it matters, I have double your years experience playing games, so don't try to act haughty about that.
    perfect example of bad balanicig is that good old "hay/cage quest" for venomancer. you can waste a whole day to get all the hay that is needed or just few bucks to buy the cage and v'la! problem solved!

How is that a problem? You can achieve the same results for free in game as you can with spending money. Same thing with inventory expansion, you can get them via quests. It's all entirely optional to do so.
    compare how you can solve things in both ways, CS and NonCS and i belive you will see my point. the distance is incredible betwen those two. i do understand that they need money to run the game and stuff if money is so much needed then **** this F2P bias and just make a montly fee for me to play.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Both options suffer a cost, either time or money. As for a distance between the two, I'm so sure you'll suffer without pig smileys and fireworks. The most functional aspects of the Cash Shop (inventory expansion) are available in game at almost the same rate, which is far better than a lot of games that only allow expansion via CS. Clothing doesn't add stats. Mounts can be acquired in-game. Weapons can be made or bought from other players. Heirograms and Guardian Angels are the only thing that's CS-specific, and that sort of the thing is really par for the course in f2p MMOs. They're most often used for PvP, and even that's optional. You're not forced to PvP, so these are not a requirement.

I'm sorry, I don't see any validity to your argument.
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not to be rude, but not knowing how to craft is your fault. I had crafting figured by level five of my first day playing. The game explicitly spells out how to craft with one of the quest lines, and, save for finding the materials, basically holds your hand to teach you.
    its not that easy as you say it is. i would learn it eaos go otherwise. wouldnt i? or maybe you are so superior then me.
    I've been in many communities where people are rude and condescending to newer players. I've also learned to either keep asking or find the information on my own. As for people rarely talking, where are you at and when do you play? My chat box was usually constantly scrolling with chatter, and even more so now that we have (mandatory) World Chat.

If you find a game where everyone is nice and helpful all the time, make sure you publish your discovery, as I'm sure it'll rank right up there with finding Atlantis.
    first of all world chat is added just now. and its spam no talk. secund - stop twisting me words okey? they dont feel confortable with it. same for me. i will write it with caps look maybe then you will understand
    I AM TALKING ABOUT PPL NOT TALKING AT ALL, BEING SILENT AND LIFE-LESS NOT ABOUT THEM TO BE RUDE OR THAT ATLANTIS YOU ARE BABLING ABOUT.
    there. got it? and why the hell you argue about? the guy asked, i told him my view. and you argue with my view? my personal preference? meaning? like what - thx to you i will change my mind? bah
    It's a reward for playing to a certain level. Lots of MMOs have rewards like that. Even the mounts you have to pay for have a level restriction.
    you now that like telling a starving person that they should stop complaning cuz at least the have WATER. its out of the question. i say what i rate wrong or what need to be fixed and you jump in with this "it can be worst and you can have even less then that so be greatful" atitude.
    Okay, give me examples of f2p MMORPGs where the majority of quests are not of the extermination type.
    i belive you missunderstod my problem. i am talking not about killing mobs in general that i think is wrong. wrong for me is: kill this to get this; kill this to finish the quest, kill this cuz i feel like it.
    and alternative for that:
    gather some stuff not only from mobs but from the plants, backround, from npc, from blablabla. theres sooo many places you can place the items needed but like 90% of them are sticked to mobs. i do know this is the mainstream issue but never ever ive seen it that big.
    I take it you're talking about Hierograms? I agree they offer an advantage. For a price. And they're most useful in PvP. Other than that, the only things I saw in the Shop that added anything were the socketing items and the line that guaranteed upgrade success.
    also. but isnt the socketing/hieros and all that very usefull? they are one of the main part of the game!! its not about number but the subject.
    Oh, and if it matters, I have double your years experience playing games, so don't try to act haughty about that.
    it was just a side note that i havent pop up out of nowhere and i know what i saying. then this makes us equal in gameing expirience. (btw adding 80' as a part of game expirience kind a fail as most of the games back then was text base right? )
    How is that a problem? You can achieve the same results for free in game as you can with spending money. Same thing with inventory expansion, you can get them via quests. It's all entirely optional to do so.
    geeez there you go again. what should i do to make you listen? i am talking about THE DISTANCE- the big great gap betwen those two options aka how easy is to get anythig via CS and how hard it is otherwise.
    I'm sorry, I don't see any validity to your argument.
    yea cuz for you theres no problem. well let me tell you that the world doesnt go around you and other ppl can have some problems with stuff you dont have problems. basicly you are acting like one of that "strongman's" who can lift a whole car if they want and they CANT understand it isnt so simple for the rest of human race. just that. and this is all about that. i see problems and you argue with me that there aint any rather then trying to help to fix them or anything. you see i preety much understand your point when still having my own view. but i cant understand why you are not able to do the same. look at the issue from both sides.
    -severan
  • naris
    naris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Perhaps someone should note that you can buy cash shop currency in the auction house from other players for in game gold, and buy cash shop items from player shops? Those player shops are a really useful (and occasionally mildly annoying) feature to help the flow of general commerce.

Many people who play the CB now are either those that have played a previous version, or those that don't really know anything about the game. Sadly, I've found the more experienced players are more interested in feeling the lack of lag (and new translations) more than helping newbies. Since you have free Zen (for now), may I suggest using an occasional world chat shout with questions? That way you can answer all the questions before they cost money.

I've played a few other MMORPGs, and I must admit that a good amount of quests in all of them involve grinding. Since grinding is easier than competing for say, a flower (which you will have to do a few times) I prefer it. What makes the RPG good is the story and depth behind such quests. Personally I find the storyline behind these quests to be quite compelling, and as such it makes up for the grind.

As for CS items giving an unfair advantage (with hieros and the like)... I'd say just deal with it. They need to make money somehow, and I'd be willing to bet the number of players playing for free exceed the number of cash shop people.

And for the record, I'm a self proclaimed moron with little to no experience in the gaming industry:p.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    irbis, your views and input about the game were fine, in fact I agree with most of them. Pay no attention to folks like tinkus, they would argue with a brick wall if they could.
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Irbis, I apologize for calling you out like that. To me it seemed like you were just unwilling to invest time or money to get things in the game and wanted them all handed to you. I can see your points, and I suppose I've gotten used to the standard f2p MMO setup over the years for a lot of things to not bother me, like the gap between CS and non-CS players and the repetitive nature of quests.

But you have to admit, the fact that we can expand our slots for free in game is a plus, even if it's a royal pain to get hay.

Just as an aside, I haven't spent any money on any f2p MMO yet, so it's not like I buy from cash shops to get things in games. It may change here, who knows? But I haven't seen anything in the shop I can't live without so far.

Especially world chat... they can keep that. =p
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The open PvP server.

Not the server... the people who play on it. :)
    Actually the pvp server is one of the best things because it guarantees that none of those people will be playing on our server. Sort of like a cleansing device.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    not really. being near 30 lvl after a whole week of playing i still dont know how to craft stuff for example.

Do the profesion quests from the elder at level 6ish. Go to the blacksmith/tailor/alchemist/jeweller and select to make equipment.
    or wth dragon quests actouly are. and more more other things.

[Do the quest that sends you to the dragon quest emissary at level 21. Take the (dragon) quest that he gives you.

Ask on the forums. People you help in game usually follow 1 question with several other questions, sometimes stupid, and sometimes they dont listen. Forums I can post 1 answer and potentially help many people.

That would be very casual playing. Anyway the mounts arnt that great. I generally prefer a good flying device, as you dont have to worry about monsters/cliffs/water.

I think they had the idea that you could buy it from others, and that would normally work, except they made a stupid quest at about level 75 that requires about 100 of them, so the price is pushed up way high. Its probably cheaper to buy the cage than buy the crass with money you get from seling zen.

I tend to agree. Im not fond of cash shops but p2p isnt an option.