Light Armor vs. Mage Armor

2»

Comments

• Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am a LA cleric, I was a full attack full mag cleric till the bone 1 month ago.
    What made me change ? PVP ^^
    Full mag Build is awsome in pvp after lvl 90 only if ur rich (to refoine and godly shard ur equipment). Dont tell me how it is , i know , i had great fun with it , but i can ashhoure u that archers and especially barbs at late lvls hurt !!!
    I cnaged to LA at lvl 78, its been very simple , i used 2 medium reset note sof 50 points and took of 100 points from mag and putted em in dex and some in str.
    Dont do la cleric before 78-80 because ur gonna hate it . 60-erly 70 is only magic mobs so if u get la u have much less magic damage, less magic def and ur crit% isnt high enough to actually crit a lot .
    I have now 4.45 k hp with barb buff (with arcane i had 2.7k) i use magic def ornaments to grind and pdef ornaments to pvp (or 1 and 1) .
    I have now a 11% crit rate wich makes me crit not super often but kinda often ( i mean ... not like archers but i like it).
    Changing to LA at lvl 78 made me be able to get in RB squad easier and make me lvl faster .
    LA is not a bad build its just a build that u have to get later on cos crits play a big role in it.
    Anyway , i like thsi build as full mag and am happy and have fun with it wich is the most important.
    And for the ones that think all LA clerics r stupid ... well ... am happy for u , keep having fun with arcane and leav eus alone.

Cya in game :)
  • Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah and forgot 1 thing:
    If ur an arcane cleric with a vit build ( 6 mag 2 vit 2 str every 2 lvls) and say la build has less power, ... shut up pelase once and for all cos LA build is (6 mag 2 dex 2 str each 2 lvls) ===> exactly the same amount of mag (and dex isnt only crit, its evasion, wich saved my behind many times !)
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah and forgot 1 thing:
    If ur an arcane cleric with a vit build ( 6 mag 2 vit 2 str every 2 lvls) and say la build has less power, ... shut up pelase once and for all cos LA build is (6 mag 2 dex 2 str each 2 lvls) ===> exactly the same amount of mag (and dex isnt only crit, its evasion, wich saved my behind many times !)

lol it's 6 3 1 not 6 2 2 just to start things off. k firstly I prefer the vit build atm. At later levels the vit build isnt entirely huge in difference. as levels go up the dr% you get from higher pdef will outdo the difference in the extra life for pure vit that's just pure and simple dmg goes up dr becomes more useful. and with self resistance buffs ur res's wont suffer to horribly in LA. same with the pdef buff. and LA has higher refinement than mage so past like what +4 or +5 refinement makes the 7 2 1 builds extra life look laughable. and for arcane to get enough pdef to make enough difference at that level they need some pdef shards in which LA can use citrines to make up for any life differences and some. while still having a much higher base pdef. i'm not saying Arcane is weak not by far. Just that Late game LA is better but early game Arcane is better "in my opinion". just think about the amount gained at that level for each shard and each piece of refinement ect. once you get into serious pvp in which you'll probably have +4 or higher refinements LA truly begins to shine at that point in time. but untill you get up there the difference isn't all that great. So far all you've been arguing about is difference in damage (1 mag every 2 levels if any (pure con)) which is give or take a few hundred matk and in pvp that's not much of a difference because of the 75% less damage in which the dr vs crits and high dmg builds is gonna be a ton higher in comparison to the extra vital. and with either build plume shield and wings of protection(79) will let you survive longer. just put them to sleep (unless they stop which theirs many ways) or stun em, debuff and nuke. the dmg difference isnt much life isnt much, but pdef and mdef are. since ur talking pvp for this post I say LA is better for that purpose and Arcane fits PvE more cause magic is alot more common among mobs at higher level than among higher level pvpers. (other than wizards and archers using their lightning) sry for the long post but to much needed to be covered.
  • I_ryuisae_i - Heavens Tear
    I_ryuisae_i - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure how many of you have actually played both a high level Arcane and high level Light Armor Wizard. I have.

I tried making the change to light armor not too long ago on my wizard. There were so many mixed opinions I had to see for myself. Here's the deal.

Arcane: Hits harder. Sure it does, About an average of 200-300 damage per hit. You'll have more MP too, I found a few hundred more MP with a maxed wellspring. So it's not very noticeable. Your magic defense is insane. With buffs and a shield I can get over 13k in water, earth or fire. Your best bet is to go minus to channeling to be fully effective. Arcane builds rock! Just don't add any vit.

Light Armor: first of all, you can wear both arcane and light armor with this build. So depending on what I need, I toss on that set. That is something you need to consider, because I can tank any magic boss Manty and lower right now. Also, better defenses and better hp. So you're going to take many more hits. Don't forget criticals; YES they make a huge difference. instead of minus to channeling put on weapons and gems that give more to criticals. I hit them all the time, most of the time on every single mob, and I steal aggro way more often than I did as arcane. So far the highest I've gotten is 73k critcals, however I am only level 84. They will get much better. Also, light armor gives more hp when refined, and since your defense is much better, you can fill the armor slots with hp hp hp!

Overall I'm glad I made the change. I have two good sets of armor, and use Light Armor most of the time. The fact remains that light armor makes your Wiz tuff to kill and brings criticals like crazy.

I left out a vitality Wiz because that build is just unrealistic. You don't gain enough hp per point, and you're better off wearing refined light armor socketed with hp.

Hope this helps some of you.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't know if this is important but because LA has more str, you can wear a higher lvl helmet to give you more HP. probably double the lvl that you could use as arcane. its probably doesn't make a huge difference but still... free HP is soo good.

edit:
    also these might look good with LA builds
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15030
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Light Armor vs. Mage Armor - 08-26-2008, 01:57 AM
    necrophobia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its been necroed a few times <_< never closed.