Closed Beta Testers Deserve an incentive!

bangbang
bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Well, a lot of people quit and refuse to play this game anymore because CB was a waste of their time. I kind of agree I believe that closed beta testers should be given something for playing and testing the game before the OB is released. Closed Beta with a character wipe is well.. how can I say.. a waste? What was the point to even have it if you aren't giving anyone anything and releasing OB.... great... So is it possible for closed beta tester to get some sort of incentive? possibly a unique mount or pet like other mmorpgs. I remember in WoW people were given unique pets. In Age of Conan people were given unique mounts. Final Fantasy people were given unique items. And many other games gave out gift boxes that gave cash shop bought items. I think we at least deserve some custom clothes or something. Hell Id settle with a never ending aura haha.. or halo.
Post edited by bangbang on

Comments

• rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It is mainly a test of finding bugs, server load and text errors (of which I hope the devs read the 100s of threads about), but they might give us something, nothing game altering, but like a sign or title or something that just proves we took place in closed beta.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have no idea if we're getting something or not, but really, though, we do this out of free will. It's not like we were forced to test on the closed beta. If you think it's a waste of time, wait for Open Beta. Demanding items is just greedy.
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Is it honestly that hard to do something for nothing?

We're not true beta testers, majority of people are **** around on the servers while they wait for OB, what do they deserve? Probably nothing.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I signed up for closed beta just to play the game with a somewhat decent translation, so if I get nothing, that's fine.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    People these days have a desire, *twists around as if no spine* you should be glad or happy playing.
    No one is forcing you *pops my eye out* hell people who only play for a prize at the end, will most likely be selfish and not stay any way if they need something to keep them going.

now lay back on your marshmallow and gaze to the skies and think of how awesome it would be if snakes could fly and pies could grow like a trees.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh those needy people.... either play the game or don't, it was clear right from the start that by playing in CB you get only one thing: you can play in the CB. It was also clear there will be a wipe at the end. Yet people complain over and over again about it or demand some rewards for playing CB. *cough* ok~
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bangbang wrote: »
    I remember in WoW people were given unique pets. In Age of Conan people were given unique mounts. Final Fantasy people were given unique items. .

Those game had real colsed beta that lasted more than a couple of weeks. They also had more than one CB wipe....

Closed beta here was a good occasion for beginners to try things first before making their permanent chars.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    honestly, i have to admit that i stoped playing cb(i mean i play but only sometimes)'cause i have feeling, i ll just wast my time(hope at least we will get some reward).
    Its really hard to begin with one char lv 1, when you have one hight lv char in other pw,
    so a small reward could only motive me to play (even if i like playing with my new wizard ;), [besides cs items price seems like will be more expensive than in pw-my).
    So i think that a huge part of CB players need a small something to get motived.

:: soukyuu & Karm want to be Mod, thats clear ::
  • hisukioni
    hisukioni Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I agree with the others that say that why do you need items to continue playing? I won't say that I will turn down an item if they give them out. But this is to get the bugs out not to be the best of the best of the best sir.

It was your choice to come play as a level 1 and it was your choice to play when you KNOW there is going to be a server wipe out. Those who play with no return are the real CB testers. And I must say I'm just **** around till Open comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nisu
    nisu Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Stop making this threats....we all knew long before cb that there is going to be a whip...and about the price we dont know them yet...a guy/girl spread a fact less rumor and now every noob is crying...:confused:
    i haven't played pw-my, but everyone saying that its a laggy, so that's the best benefit you can get!
  • usonica
    usonica Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I only started playing a few days ago, and I'm not worried about the wipe. I also agree that asking for something is a bit much. You can't really say that starting over again is such a big deal, and people knew there would be a wipe.
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    A reward is just some data, i mean its not like if they lose money by giving some item,
    they have choice btw press the button to give reward or not press,
    so rather press, you have nothing to lose!
  • draccy
    draccy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol why are always someone dont understand that a beta is there to test not to play ???????
    and the best reward for us is that we have a PW version without major lags and a good translation
    soo if ya dont like it go play MY again or some other game if they really deside they want to give away
    something they do if not thats ok for me cause i play beta to test things i want do in release
    and find bugs but as i mention there are no real bugs in this game^^ maybe its because there are so many versions of it
    so lets have fun with a real nice lagfree and well translatet version of Perfect World ok???
    and dont complain again about a char wipe or somethin like it or (me want item or i dont play anymore)
    its no good for the community and it all was clear from the start
  • longfirm13
    longfirm13 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You deserve nothing because you didn't even do what a CB is for. Finding bugs and reporting them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    How about instead of a prize, we get a Open Beta event, like 20% more exp or drop rate in the first week of Open Beta:p

sealed~
  • midnyte
    midnyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    honestly, i have to admit that i stoped playing cb(i mean i play but only sometimes)'cause i have feeling, i ll just wast my time(hope at least we will get some reward).
    Its really hard to begin with one char lv 1, when you have one hight lv char in other pw,
    so a small reward could only motive me to play (even if i like playing with my new wizard ;), [besides cs items price seems like will be more expensive than in pw-my).
    So i think that a huge part of CB players need a small something to get motived.

If the only reason you decided to switch was because you ASSUMED you would get something that would give you a head start over other players once open starts, then stay where you are on the other buggy version. More power to ya!

Seriously, WoW closed beta, no other versions existed before that closed beta....AoC, again, no other versions...those were real closed betas where most everything needed to be tested in order to see if quests bugged, items bugged, npcs bugged, game mechanics bugged.

When PW-Int launched closed beta, there were already, what, CN, ****, PH, MY, Thai, etc versions already running for a year plus in some cases. Most of what was being tested here was load on the new equipment. Just showing up, you did your job. Woohoo!

I am sure very small bugs may have arisen (tbh, I am curious as to the outcome of the TW thread, however, to see if it's bugged or if someone just had their timers wrong).

Other than that, all we have been mostly is passangers taking a free ride on a bus. Like I said, if you honestly feel slighted that you don't get something for ALL that epic effort you have exerted in 4 days or so, by all means, enjoy your high level char over on PW-MY.

Btw...be sure to let me know how long you have to keep those Frost Walk quests before you get them completed...
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Only incentive us CB testers should have is having our name saved for us for OB...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    :: nounours knows he won't be a mod ever so he's jealous when others become one ::

think what you want, at least i'll have something to laugh about :rolleyes:
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Only incentive us CB testers should have is having our name saved for us for OB...

Now with only 1 server of each type instead of two, it would be hard to do.

There must be name duplication between the two PvP servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    edited August 2008
    hey evrybody calme down!
    Why you all, have always to complain something, do you think gms will think you are better 'cause, you say that
    we dont need prices ect...
    Really I Find it brainless, because if they dont give reward, then they wont give, if they plan to give then they will.
    No matter what you complain about,
    I was just telling that a reward would be welcome nothing more,
    honestly i dont care about if we get reward or not, i just don't wanna play pwi because
    i have better things to do than wast time playing for something wich will be deleted.
    If you want to know what kind of stuff i have to do, then i answer you, that i have to study.

#And I remind you this thread name: " Closed Beta Testers Deserve an incentive!"
    So think befor post!
    ps: rewards can be based in many things, lv, and all blabla...
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wasn't there like 20k keys given out? I don't understand why all 20k people deserve to get prizes when all they did was get familiar with the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    Well, a lot of people quit and refuse to play this game anymore because CB was a waste of their time. I kind of agree I believe that closed beta testers should be given something for playing and testing the game before the OB is released. Closed Beta with a character wipe is well.. how can I say.. a waste? What was the point to even have it if you aren't giving anyone anything and releasing OB.... great... So is it possible for closed beta tester to get some sort of incentive? possibly a unique mount or pet like other mmorpgs. I remember in WoW people were given unique pets. In Age of Conan people were given unique mounts. Final Fantasy people were given unique items. And many other games gave out gift boxes that gave cash shop bought items. I think we at least deserve some custom clothes or something. Hell Id settle with a never ending aura haha.. or halo.

Altho i understand ur point, and it would be nice,, I went into close beta knowing that i wouldnt get a reward. But i dont think that cb was a waste of my time. I made some really nice friends. : )
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Your incentive is that they shortened CB.. =P

you shouldn't ask for a prize, you should wait and see if you are given one, if you aren't then boo-hoo.

CB wasn't a waste, many Bugs/Typos we're found.

I myself got to know the Guild I was playing with, and met some nice people.

So "we" don't deserve an incentive, one would be nice, but what is so special about 15k-20k people having the same thing?

The only thing I could think, that would be nice, would be that CB testers get to keep their name, if they log in within 3 days of OB.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hey evrybody calme down!

Errr, pretty sure you're the only one who need to calm down.
    Why you all, have always to complain something, do you think gms will think you are better 'cause, you say that
    we dont need prices ect...

They disagree with us deserving prizes, so that makes them suck ups? Nice logic there :rolleyes:.
    Really I Find it brainless, because if they dont give reward, then they wont give, if they plan to give then they will.
    No matter what you complain about,
    I was just telling that a reward would be welcome nothing more,

Most people agree with this, if they'll give one they wouldn't mind, but stop asking for them is what most people disagreeing are trying to saying.
    honestly i dont care about if we get reward or not, i just don't wanna play pwi because
    i have better things to do than wast time playing for something wich will be deleted.
    If you want to know what kind of stuff i have to do, then i answer you, that i have to study.

Honestly, I don't care what YOU find better than CB and what is or what isn't a waste of YOUR time. I'm pretty sure most people will agree with me that people are different lmao.
    #And I remind you this thread name: " Closed Beta Testers Deserve an incentive!"
    So think befor post!
    ps: rewards can be based in many things, lv, and all blabla...

I'm pretty sure people are "thinking" before posting ;). So what if the threads name is "Closed Beta Testers Deserve an incentive!" why can't people disagree? Is that against the rules?
  • jae
    jae Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    People these days have a desire, *twists around as if no spine* you should be glad or happy playing.
    No one is forcing you *pops my eye out* hell people who only play for a prize at the end, will most likely be selfish and not stay any way if they need something to keep them going.

now lay back on your marshmallow and gaze to the skies and think of how awesome it would be if snakes could fly and pies could grow like a trees.

Umm well I agree with your main point...what kind of drugs are you on?? and where can I get them?? Seriously... wow.....:)
  • zyankali
    zyankali Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You know... you are being a hypocrit here... first you say beta testers DESERVE a price and then you say "I dont care if we get price or not" well if you dont care, what was your point stating this?
    Well if your wasting your time, what was your point getting a beta key, knowing chars would be wiped, and yet you still played it?

Seriously, if you didnt wanna waste your time, maybe you would have been better off to check if there will be a wipe or not, before you come in to play and then start a big complain thread about the wipe and how ppl deserve a price for playing here cause the chars will be wiped and that wasted your time.

I tell ya one thing dude, Everybody, cept maybe you, knew that there would be a char wipe. Everybody, cept maybe you, was fine with that and still decided to play and now suddenly just because you say so, people will leave cause they wasted their time and wont get a prize? WTF seriously wow... what kind of drugs did you take?

People are here to help the GMs test their servers, the connection or the stability of the servers, also the ppl here are testing for bugs that might have come across or misspelling etc.
    Alot of ppl here play because they want to burn time before open beta.

If you have a high level char on PW-MY-EN and you would rather play that one because "you wasted your time just to find out your char will be wiped" then seriously get the heck out of here. There was no point in even starting here if you would end up sticking with your high lvl char.

People came here and started from the scratch because the servers may be closer to them which means less lag for them, they surely didnt come to test closed beta and expect a price afterwards to stay motivated to play..

I personally find enough motivation in the fact that ill have less lag while playing.
    Though I dislike that they wont have all 4 servers like they said they would, but now that is a different story and different category. as long as I have less lag im happy, and motivated enough to start from the scratch even after i spent money on MY-EN on two chars which are both around lvl 75+ :rolleyes:
  • jpo
    jpo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008

You gotta be kidding me. You get to test this game for free...and the point of beta is to TEST and find bugs...

Go whine somewhere else....

Age of Conan's unique mounts were for pre-orders...not beta. Every game has a wipe after beta...all you get is bragging rights and the knowledge if the game sux or not...
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lord of the Rings Online beta testers, well the dedicated ones that spend their time on forums and helpig out the developers in spotting bugs, not playing and whining about why the game is bad. Testers that actually tested the damn game and made several characters to test them all out before release got some reward and recognition by having a dozen of NPC's renamed in their honor.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    Is it honestly that hard to do something for nothing?

We're not true beta testers, majority of people are **** around on the servers while they wait for OB, what do they deserve? Probably nothing.

I totally agree with you.
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • obscene
    obscene Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This made me roffle.