Interracial love??

terrabyte
terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
is this really an appropriate name for a quest?
how about love knows no bounds
for the quest name id hate to what come up if a kid were to google interracial love :eek:
Post edited by terrabyte on

Comments

• djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    for me its ok... seems like you are the one who didnt searched it a google, so go, take a look and come back, im not seeing anything wrong.
  • sonata
    sonata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think you are making a big deal out of nothing, it's just a title for a quest. I doubt it's going to make that big of a difference to some kid's life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City PVP: SonataStar - Venomancer 1x
  • di0764
    di0764 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I know what's the big deal it's just a quest tital.
    Tao strikes again!! Haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenshin913
    kenshin913 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    djtav0 wrote: »
    for me its ok... seems like you are the one who didnt searched it a google, so go, take a look and come back, im not seeing anything wrong.

Maybe you have your google safesearch or something on. I just searched it, the websites weren't an issue, but man, the images....:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CB IGN: Syphilis
  • saphric
    saphric Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the name "Interracial love". Google images gets something dirty for almost everything you type in it.

Now if they called it "Interracial Gangbang Orgy", there might be some issues.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    saphric wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the name "Interracial love". Google images gets something dirty for almost everything you type in it.

Interracial love is wrong! Look at this couple!!! http://blameitonthevoices.blogspot.com/2007/07/interracial-lovin.html
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Interracial love is wrong! Look at this couple!!! http://blameitonthevoices.blogspot.com/2007/07/interracial-lovin.html

Talk about age difference lmao :p.
  • saphric
    edited August 2008
    Pedo-turtle aside, I still think it's not wrong =)
  • kyleh
    kyleh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I find the name of that quest to be very nasty.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Rofl, yea im so offended by it *laughs a bit* ..honestly wow, whats wring with you ppl taking things out of context. Also since you decided to go there, who are you to say that interacial love is wrong? Take your racist opinions elsewhere and stop being hypersensetive and spoiling things for the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol i googled it with safety off and meh i dont really care.
    Any "child" who googles it should be fine unless they have the safety off and children shouldnt have that ability if the parents do their jobs.
    So big deal.
    Its just a quest name.
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Also since you decided to go there, who are you to say that interacial love is wrong? Take your racist opinions elsewhere and stop being hypersensetive and spoiling things for the rest of us.

Some people need to be injected with some humor....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I approve of pedo-turtles.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • lyterz
    lyterz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    While the title in itself is not a problem, it is the connotations therin. First, it suggests that interracial love is out of the ordinary... People might be alienated. Second of all, the poster is right, if a child googles it, and see's the images, that could be a very, VERY big issue with parents... (the images were, even with safe search, bad). But beyond the fact that someone somewhere might google it. It is an extremely distasteful title, and an affront to countless multitudes. I urge the staff to select a more appropriate, and less direct title also.
    Props to the poster:D
    ~Lyte
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    lyterz wrote: »
    Second of all, the poster is right, if a child googles it, and see's the images, that could be a very, VERY big issue with parents..

If some parents are dumb enough to let their young children surf unattended on the web, then I doubt they even deserve to be parents in the first place.

I would not even let a young child play this game alone really....

• lyterz
    edited August 2008
    True, but we are not banking our values on the responsabilities of modern-day north american parents, quite obviously, that would be a bad idea.
    Parents, being one myself, are irrational, irresponsable, and void of the ability to see past their own noses. No offense, but even the adults cannot be there to gaurd our children from growing up too fast all the time. The name, in its essence, is a bad idea. The connotations there in imply far too much.
    The name will spark curiosity somewhere, and when you decide to have the phrase "interacial love" in your game, it moves from innocent, to questionable.
  • saphric
    edited August 2008
    "You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account."

Bam. Thread over.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This thread fails on sooo many levels, I'd point out interracial love means that two ppl from different ethnic backgrounds love each other. Just because all u dirty "ppl" have been watching to much **** and suddenly start to make the connectation that its referring to some huge back member violating some poor white girl DOESNT mean thats what the game implies!
    Sooo get your minds out of the gutter, the only ones that find fault with the word is you(yes *points at YOU*) ppl thats been watching to much **** and dont know when to stop thinking about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • lyterz
    edited August 2008
    Its not about us as you so inpolitely put it "dirty people" its about what the rest of the world, the bad sides included, would project upon people. I just dislike the name, a point to argue, not really, will stupid people post more? Garunteed haha.
  • skippy
    skippy Posts: 1
    edited August 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    watching to much **** and dont know when to stop thinking about it.

But I don't want to stop thinking about it!