Year 2012 Internet will possibly be dead

tony02
tony02 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Off-Topic Discussion
Link to video about internet end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89WwcsOj9U
http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality2

whether u choose to belive it or not, the internet will possibly be reduced to the same **** as a TV package where u have to pay for it as you would do with cable or digital box so we cud be very limited to what we can visit,
im not 100% sure if i belive it truely or not but still. we will have alot less freedom then we have now.

post your thoughts
Post edited by tony02 on

Comments

• vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmm yeah it could be true if something new is invented that will interest people more than internet. Which will probably happen one day ;)

The video is a bunch of BS though. Internet business is growing bigger and bigger. People use internet more and more. If it happens it wont happen anytime soon. Perfect World is a good example of one of the businesses. There would be a huge angry mob if people had to suddenly stop their businesses and lose their jobs. Heck they might even start a war
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol again? ive seen that by 2000. (it was k2-something)
    oh well time to go hunt for food and kill each other again ^^
    hey wait... we are already there! rotfl!
    but honestly... yeah. kind of. youtube is censoring more vids each day, cops visit you faster those days if you done something bad via net.
    but dont worry. underground exists as we speak. eventualy it will just grow larger and bigger
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • moonstar
    moonstar Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you know what will happen if this is realy true?

IWW3* thats what will happen

WW=worldwar
    I=internet so this means internet world war 3 hackers off the world unite atacks on companys will be 100x more the there are now and no mater who will win its like most all wars who ever wins hackers or company we lose the internet at least for 2-3 years hope this is just a **** hoax or something like that
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    omg just noticed. **** the Ipower check Tania's profile @_@ i really want to milk her
    -severan
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    omg just noticed. **** the Ipower check Tania's profile @_@ i really want to milk her

Virgins these days:rolleyes:

sealed~
  • moonstar
    edited August 2008
    hey whit the faces that those guys have they realy need a hot girl like that to atract atention other way they dont :D
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok... *slowly backs away from this thread*
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    sealed wrote: »
    Virgins these days:rolleyes:

sealed~
    dude i am a father of 2years old child :D rotfl
    moonstar wrote: »
    hey whit the faces that those guys have they realy need a hot girl like that to atract atention other way they dont :D

quote for truth! xDD
    -severan
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Net neutrality doesn't apply to North America.

And chances are that it will happen everywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Anyone else notice they never provided proof of their claims? 0.o That raises a big red flag in my book.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Anyone else notice they never provided proof of their claims? 0.o That raises a big red flag in my book.

not telling about a simple fact that finding who they are and where they live took me a whole 20minutes... and they show their faces also. dont know about you but if I would be about to stand up against some international guys with money and power i really would do i a bit diffrent way.... you got my point
    -severan
  • moonstar
    edited August 2008
    any1 think that those are not real 1 that those are just actors playing those who realy stand up to conserve the privecy until the last moment?

at least thats how i have done
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    vigor wrote: »
    Hmm yeah it could be true if something new is invented that will interest people more than internet. Which will probably happen one day ;)

The video is a bunch of BS though. Internet business is growing bigger and bigger. People use internet more and more. If it happens it wont happen anytime soon. Perfect World is a good example of one of the businesses. There would be a huge angry mob if people had to suddenly stop their businesses and lose their jobs. Heck they might even start a war

And the war naturally destroys the world. Yay.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    To put it quite simply, there are far too many large and powerful companies which would be crippled if any such "arrangement" was ever made and to me at least the theory is just preposterous and alarmist. I get the impression they are just out for attention and notoriety. Consider the large internet based systems such as Ebay and Amazon would be cutting off their own kneecaps going along with something like this. All the ISPs who currently make money by providing a connection to it who would be destroyed by such a thing as suggested. Not to even mention all the government and official sites that would certainly not go along with such. The internet as is provides far too much commerce and advertising presently to ever be changed as those people suggest. It's a conspiracy theory which quite simply wasn't fully thought out on a large scale. Anyhow, that's my input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    lol of corse and ruine and huge economie?
    internet is a way to comunicate, lol stop posting stupid stuff arround,
    none one has the control of internet, i mean internet is evryones,
    its pwe"s, googles's so unless all millions and millions severs agree to close their severs,
    there is no a "god" of internet who has total power lo!
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    lol of corse and ruine and huge economie?
    internet is a way to comunicate, lol stop posting stupid stuff arround,
    none one has the control of internet, i mean internet is evryones,
    its pwe"s, googles's so unless all millions and millions severs agree to close their severs,
    there is no a "god" of internet who has total power lo!

I lol'd....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
  • cheianah
    cheianah Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    vigor wrote: »

LOL start a war, your probably right on that one lol.
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    This **** is true, the Contract for this to happen in a couple years has been signed not long ago by the company's, right now at this moment the company's are already working on this, the internet will basicly turn into your typical broadcasting TV, you get some free sites you can go too, like google or yahoo, any other sites than that you have to pay for it.

So might as well back up all your videos, programs, games, or anything that you download from a site on a empty disc.

The only way I see that this could change is if the goverment sign a amendment to prevent this, but then again the goverment wouldnt make as much $$$ so this is highly not happen.

A lot of corrupted companys and **** started in America 4 years ago, who is too blame??? George Bush of course, that man did so much damage not to just America but the world also, and he doesnt give a **** as long as his system gets $$$.

sealed~
  • moonstar
    edited August 2008
    no offense to the USA people i'm refering to there goverment!!!

WTF you nuts;dumb idiots stupid do you realy want to start a new World war? OMFG get a life. in life there are more thing then just rip off people off money. unfortunately this is going to happen here in Romania also the good part is that its going to happen betwen 2016-2018
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    moonstar wrote: »
    no offense to the USA people i'm refering to there goverment!!!

WTF you nuts;dumb idiots stupid do you realy want to start a new World war? OMFG get a life. in life there are more thing then just rip off people off money. unfortunately this is going to happen here in Romania also the good part is that its going to happen betwen 2016-2018

Yeah I plan to move to Europe near that time, cause America will enter its "Dark Ages" soon, good think I know another language and my heritage is from Europe:p

sealed~