Ks Script

desirai
desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
You know what makes me mad? When people KS your mobs.

You know what makes me REALLY mad?

When you, a venomancer, are attacking a mob that only spawns once every 82737526 years, and you are about to tame it, when someone comes up and either tames the mob before you can or kills it.

That really gets my undies in a wad and makes me very unhappy.

It is very possible to implement a script that disallows other users to perform actions on an already claimed mob.

The devs should go about implementing said script.
Post edited by desirai on

Comments

• sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think mob/area denial is a legitmate practice, when you have the option to PK the person who's getting in your 'undies'.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • margie
    margie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Then shouldn't they have a script that prevents KSing until lvl 30? Because until then you can't go around PKing willy-nilly I don't think...
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    margie wrote: »
    Then shouldn't they have a script that prevents KSing until lvl 30? Because until then you can't go around PKing willy-nilly I don't think...

No, you should write down names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Later on, you can have guild/faction rare pet taming parties, to PK anyone who gets too close when you're trying to tame that very rare pet. :mad::mad::mad:

Just kidding, sort of. I'm not as sanguinary as that statement sounded. :p
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sahrai wrote: »
    I think mob/area denial is a legitmate practice, when you have the option to PK the person who's getting in your 'undies'.
    dont know how this works here but in every other mmo i played PK rarely fix anything. so when someone killed you mob or something you can kill him/her. thats the idea.
    heres the real: you are mobing/taming and some nasty high level come by wipe your butt first then do the same to that mob. the end
    or
    he killed you mob, you are angry, you attack him in revange. he kills you., the end.
    i know that comparing this to real life will fail by auto but imagine if a robber just walk to your house and is about to take you PS3 and you can count only on yourself. no police, no rules no law. just him, you and your good old crowbar (Gordon style:P) or whatever you go there under the bed.
    also almost all ppl, most PVP fans tend to forgot that there is a opossite group of ppl who dont like and do NOT intend to PVP (like me). if i would like to wipe someones butt i would run UT2K4 and headshot some maggots ;) here i am about to kill some mobs, met some ppl, play in coop and have much of fun.
    sorry if my post is hard in understanding. i am drinking my first coffee today and i am a bit mixed @_@
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    dont know how this works here but in every other mmo i played PK rarely fix anything. so when someone killed you mob or something you can kill him/her. thats the idea.
    heres the real: you are mobing/taming and some nasty high level come by wipe your butt first then do the same to that mob. the end
    or
    he killed you mob, you are angry, you attack him in revange. he kills you., the end.
    i know that comparing this to real life will fail by auto but imagine if a robber just walk to your house and is about to take you PS3 and you can count only on yourself. no police, no rules no law. just him, you and your good old crowbar (Gordon style:P) or whatever you go there under the bed.
    also almost all ppl, most PVP fans tend to forgot that there is a opossite group of ppl who dont like and do NOT intend to PVP (like me). if i would like to wipe someones butt i would run UT2K4 and headshot some maggots ;) here i am about to kill some mobs, met some ppl, play in coop and have much of fun.
    sorry if my post is hard in understanding. i am drinking my first coffee today and i am a bit mixed @_@

Would you like someone to hold your hand while you play the game too?

If your goal is to tame a rare pet and I happen to come along and see you doing it, I would stop you because I would like to see a guild member tame it. Why should anyone just have to sit back and watch because you saw it first? It's silly. And you're right, your analogy did fail - this game is not real life.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.