Black screen and computer restarts

Options
costy86
costy86 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
Hello.
I want to ask if anyone else had this problem...after about 15-20 min. the game blocks, goes black screen and in 4-5 seconds my computer restarts.
I don't believe it's a computer error because this only happens when I play Perfect World, everytime (at least 5 times until now). :(
I have a good computer (2.13 Dual Core, 1GB DDR2, video 256 DDR3 and plenty of free space on my HDD) and I even tryied lowering the graphics but no use.
Any idea on what it might be ? :confused:
The game seems very nice and I would realy like to play but I can't in these conditions.
Post edited by costy86 on

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey, I have a feeling I know what might be the issue. Just to make sure, can you pm me your dxdiag? Do not post here for your privacy. I would be glad to assist you.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • fez
    fez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    possible graphics card overheat. Try opening your case sidepanel.
  • costy86
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My graphic card has a cooler. And this does not happen when I run other games that are more demanding.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you're using an agp ati card search the other reboot thread for which drivers to use. There's a known bug with the ati drivers for some cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • costy86
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok, I tryied the Catalyst 7.7 driver but it did not help, same thing happened.
    Any other ideas ? :(
This discussion has been closed.