Closed Beta Bugs - What Kind of Info We Need

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Support Desk
Hello Everyone,

When you are letting us know about any bugs, it is often best to send them by EMAIL to techsupport at perfectworldinc dot com, please let us know the following information for starters. Please only send bugs and tech support inquires to this email address. (There are many of you all, and only so many of us ;)

UPDATE: When sending us emails from Comcast or AOL, when we reply back to you, your ISP is blocking our emails. Just a little FYI... So if you don't hear back from us, it is because our emails won't go through. Complain to your ISP ;)

Location of bug - Location name and coordinates (all three numbers)

Quest Chain Info - Who did you pick up the quest from? What quests did you have to do before it?

What kind of bug is it? - Graphics, UI, text, quest info/description, audio, stuck in level, whatever...

Give us as much info as you can, so it makes it easier for us to reproduce, track down and fix if we can.

Don't forget to take screenshots too.

When you press the Print Screen key, the game saves your screenshots to the:

\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots directory tree.

The screenshots are saved sequentially by number and date and in .BMP format. Please re-save these as .JPG or .PNG format before emailing them to us.

We are glad you all are here to help us play, er... um... test the game! :)

Any questions?? :eek:

(I'm basically only trolling the Tech Support Forum to help support the game and keep communications flowing with Customer Support, Tech Support, QA and the Developers to help you all with any issues the best we can, when we can. Thank you all so much for checking out Perfect World International!)
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Hello Everyone,

I will try and update the list here as we go. Here are some known issues.

Please do not report these.

========================

ALT+TAB Causes my computer to act up, freeze, slow down, etc.

The Alt+Tab anomalies are a known issue. Alt+Tab'ing is not officially supported by most video game developers, and Windows doesn't always handle it so well with 3d games. There are way to many possible configurations of PCs out there to try and support this because of the way Windows handles memory, how much RAM you have, how your virtual memory is setup, etc.

Try running the game in Windowed mode instead of Full Screen, and that should allow you to switch between the game and any other programs that you need to get to.

Also, installing Asian Language Packs has been found to help some users with the game losing focus when running multiple programs and attempting to switch between them. You will probably need to have the original Windows disc to install the Chinese Language pack, or all Asian Languages pack.

========================

Getting Stuck in the Game World

While this does happen on occasion, ways that you can get unstuck are to:

1) Use your Town Portal. If you've used it already, you may have to wait for its cool-down period to expire.
    2) Use a teleport item that you get in game or buy in the Boutique.
    3) Ask a GM to teleport you back to the closest city.
    4) Exit back to the Main Menu, and see if it drops you in a better spot so that you won't get stuck again once you log back in.
    5) If you are at a high enough level for PvP or PK'ing, ask one of your friends to kill you if nothing else works.
    6) You you are playing a female character, your friend might be able to embrace you out of being stuck and jump right into their arms!

(Thanks to kotten747!)

Hope that helps :)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • chii
    chii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There is a Text Bug on Cleric Spells.

on the skill's tree it says Greater Protective Barrier needs level 10 wield thunder instead of level 10 vanguard spirit

also i saw there is a npc and scroll to let us chage how our chars look but.. im still able to change my char's looks from char select screen is that supose to be disabled?
  • faeth
    faeth Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Good Day..

This has not happened in any particular place or Time into the game. It has
    happened MANY times.

Things may be going along just fine, then suddenly when I click with either
    the Right or Left mouse button, the game minimizes to the Windows XP/Home
    Taskbar, without an error message. When I right click on the Taskbar Button,
    to close, Maximize, Minimize, etc. there is nothing to select. IE: no pop-up
    mini menu.

The game is still running in the background, if I left-click the program
    maximizes, BUT if I Right or Left click anywhere in the game, ground, button,
    etc. the Game minimizes again.. Infact, thats all it will do. I must close
    the game down with CAD > Task Manager > End Program. It says the program
    does Not respond, so I select 'Close Now', which is successful.

I have tried to shutdown/restart the game, and reboot my computer, but eventually it
    will happen again. I have changed my mouse out, but to same brand. There is
    no time element. It can be within a min or an hour.

Is it possible you can path me to the appropriate log? The game does not say
    there is an error when this occurs.

Do not see an attachment option, will have to dump computer info here.. Sorry.

DxDiag:

Edit: REMOVED BY DARTHPANDA16 at 12:42p
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Hello Faeth,

Please edit out your Dxdiag info, or I will do it later today. We can't have everyone posting their's here, or the forums will get even more unneeded traffic.

Please read the Sticky post about how to report in-game bugs, any other kind of bugs and where to send them.

Everyone, PLEASE read the sticky thoroughly! Thanks :)
  • kim1794
    kim1794 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hey perfect-world-team

i can't play the game because you havent mailed me the beta key
    can you mail it me please?
    i'm german so my english isnt as good as yours :)

thank you
    and much greets
  • kotten747
    kotten747 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello Everyone,

I will try and update the list here as we go. Here are some known issues.

Please do not report these.

========================

ALT+TAB Causes my computer to act up, freeze, slow down, etc.

The Alt+Tab anomalies are a known issue. Alt+Tab'ing is not officially supported by most video game developers, and Windows doesn't always handle it so well with 3d games. There are way to many possible configurations of PCs out there to try and support this because of the way Windows handles memory, how much RAM you have, how your virtual memory is setup, etc.

Try running the game in Windowed mode instead of Full Screen, and that should allow you to switch between the game and any other programs that you need to get to.

Also, installing Asian Language Packs has been found to help some users with the game losing focus when running multiple programs and attempting to switch between them. You will probably need to have the original Windows disc to install the Chinese Language pack, or all Asian Languages pack.

========================

Getting Stuck in the Game World

While this does happen on occasion, ways that you can get unstuck are to:

1) Use your Town Portal. If you've used it already, you may have to wait for its cool-down period to expire.
    2) Use a teleport item that you get in game or buy in the Boutique.
    3) Ask a GM to teleport you back to the closest city.
    4) Exit back to the Main Menu, and see if it drops you in a better spot so that you won't get stuck again once you log back in.
    5) If you are at a high enough level for PvP or PK'ing, ask one of your friends to kill you if nothing else works.

Hope that helps :)
    I just wanted to add a 6th option to getting unstuck, as i got stuck the other day i had a friend run to my loc with his char and we made a "embrace"-escape. to note is that this solution is only available when the "support" can get close enough for this action without getting himself stuck. And it might only work to get female chars out of a jam as they are the ones jumping to the male. :)
  • mira
    mira Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well, its not that it effect gameplay or anything but,
    when you are a cleric, and you fall from flying, then when you try to fly again when hitting the ground, it sometimes doesnt display the wings, i already asked someone if they could see the wings and they could, only myself couldnt,

like i said, its not a big deal, but only wanted to inform that the bug excists :P
  • faeth
    edited August 2008
    Sorry for the DxDiag dump. The way the email addy was written, my brain didnt
    process it as such. Will be more attentive, since I do understand why it was written
    that way. Should I still send the email? I do believe all other info was satisfied in my
    report.
  • faeth
    edited August 2008
    RE: Suddenly Minimized to Taskbar/Rt Click = No options

Ok, The problem still exists, but I have narrowed down when it occurs.. It
    seems to happen around the time I set/reset the resolution. I am having
    trouble getting the game to fill my screen, top and bottom.. My monitor
    screen is 1:0.625 (16:9). My default res is 1680x1050. At that res, it is
    nearly impossible for me to read the fonts even if they are enlarged maximally
    in the chat window.. I have tried all appropriate resolutions. Is there suppose to
    be a black border at top and bottom of the game?

PS will send to via email too.

Peace.. Faeth
  • retarded
    retarded Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well im just gonna post the bugs i find and some observations on some small but anoying programation errors...

BUG 1(programing) - when i was getting of the water near a cliff and jumped out of it and presses x for the acrobatics at the same time i got stuck in the intersection betwen the water and the earth so i hat to warp to town to get of it. ( i dont remember the exact location but it where near that bridge at the north exit of etherblade)

BUG 2(visual/programing) . when a player swims, the track it leaves in the water stays in the surface even when he
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retarded
    edited August 2008
    **** wrote: »
    Well im just gonna post the bugs i find and some observations on some small but anoying programation errors...

BUG 1(programing) - when i was getting of the water near a cliff and jumped out of it and presses x for the acrobatics at the same time i got stuck in the intersection betwen the water and the earth so i hat to warp to town to get of it. ( i dont remember the exact location but it where near that bridge at the north exit of etherblade)

BUG 2(visual/programing) . when a player swims, the track it leaves in the water stays in the surface even when he
    why in the frigin hell name my post keep geting cut of at the half?

Bug - forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The forum doesn't seem to like any special characters. It may be some special kind of apostrophe you're using?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • retarded
    edited August 2008
    Well im just going to post the bugs I may find and some observations on some small but annoying programming errors...

BUG 1(programming) - when i was getting of the water near a cliff and jumped out of it and presses x for the acrobatics at the same time i got stuck in the intersection between the water and the earth so i hat to warp to town to get of it. ( i don’t remember the exact location but it where near that bridge at the north exit of etherblade)

BUG 2 (visual/ programming) -when a player swims, the track it leaves in the water stays in the surface even when he’s underwater showing to others players that there is an player underwater at that location (so if i want to make an PK ambush or some craziness like that i may get spotted) and besides that it gets visually annoying (sry its my work i have to speak about visuals xD).

BUG 3 (visual/programming)- at the 524 , 910 location at the division of the snow terrain and the temperate terrain, sometimes the screen get some white flashes ,.. i think its because of the snow weather effect, something about when the program start the snow effect makes the screen flash....

BUG 4 (Visual/programming) – floating rock at 444, 875

sry for any English mistakes....

ps: this game its really awesome, i think that after all the bugs and others things get fixed this game going to be the number one !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    We ask the you email us bugs so that:

1) We can look at them in a timely manner, and include the information we ask

2) We can have screenshots in JPG or PNG format so that we can see if QA can reproduce your issues.

Not all bugs get fixed. This is true of any game. BUT, we do try to fix what we can, when we can.

Since this is an online game, things can be patched in a timely manner ;)

There is a reason why there is a sticky, and why we give instructions on how you can help us, to help you all improve and test the game.

If you post them here, they may not come to anyone's attention quick enough. I can only check the messages on here so much. :)
  • retarded
    edited August 2008
    Just checking "techsupport at perfectworldinc dot com" means "tech support @ perfectworldinc . com" (==address edited by darthpanda16==)? sry for the "**** question" but im not used to some english abreviations xD sry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Yes, that is correct. I type it out so when bots scan the forums, they have less chances to get email addresses for spam. We don't need spam coming in more along with all the tech support emails ;)
  • morrowind
    morrowind Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok first of,

Location; Etherblade Server, at around coords 419,647 In Wellsrping Village

What happened; I tryed jumping over the wall around the coords that I said and the whole game froze up, my computer screen went heywire like I just smashed a gaint fly over it. Had to restart my computer. >.<

Kind: Grapics.....

Couldnt take a screenshot my computer was messed up.

Thats as much as I can tell you. I would have e-mailed but didn't read the part about having to e-mail this bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: West, Etherblade(PVP)
    Character: Coke/Blademaster/Lv2x
    Faction: Forbidden (Private Faction)
  • darthpanda16
    edited August 2008
    Hello Everyone,

When you are letting us know about any bugs, it is often best to send them by EMAIL to techsupport at perfectworldinc dot com, please let us know the following information for starters. Please only send bugs and tech support inquires to this email address. (There are many of you all, and only so many of us

Location of bug - Location name and coordinates (all three numbers)

Quest Chain Info - Who did you pick up the quest from? What quests did you have to do before it?

What kind of bug is it? - Graphics, UI, text, quest info/description, audio, stuck in level, whatever...

Give us as much info as you can, so it makes it easier for us to reproduce, track down and fix if we can.

Don't forget to take screenshots too.

When you press the Print Screen key, the game saves your screenshots to the:

\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots directory tree.

The screenshots are saved sequentially by number and date and in .BMP format. Please re-save these as .JPG or .PNG format before emailing them to us.

We are glad you all are here to help us play, er... um... test the game!

Any questions??
  • koma
    koma Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am receiving the same problem that Faeth has with the minimizing/maximizing issue! Even when I put it into windowed mode, it begins to click out of the window like I am clicking on another program, but i am not... And I do not have anything else running while I play...
  • kromas
    kromas Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How am I able to attain this beta key? Everywhere I try and get it, it just say's, if you "want" to join the closed beta , we will send you the key. I "want" to play the game, lol... so if that means going through registration, I guess I'll "need" the beta key. Anyway, may a GM please send me the beta key? Also, I was wondering, what is the difference between Perfect World International, and Perfect World.my? I have an account on pwm and the game is GREAT. But, I want to start over on PWI. Please, may I have the beta key sent?
  • thelonius
    thelonius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Here's a big bug. A large number of players cant log into your game. We are getting Unable to connect or Incorrect password/account. Dont give us some dumb faq either. Large number of players try everything. Ive even made another account and still the same error.
  • spelroth
    spelroth Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well i was playing and looking for the tomb on Hill of swarm when i stopped in the Tomb of shining tide, walked around then got stuck on:
    578, 819, 21
    Image Name: 2008-08-23 22-51-45
    20080823225145at9.jpg
  • faeth
    edited August 2008
    koma wrote: »
    I am receiving the same problem that Faeth has with the minimizing/maximizing issue! Even when I put it into windowed mode, it begins to click out of the window like I am clicking on another program, but i am not... And I do not have anything else running while I play...

Koma, I would like to try and validate that it is during or soon after game resolution has been reset, and if it could be due to my GForce 8800 gts vid board. Had you just adjusted your resolution? Do you have a GForce? Im running Driver ver: 6.14.11.6909 from EVGA.

Much Thanks & Peace.. Faith
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    I am also experiencing the minimizing/maximizing issue but in my case i no what it is. I do not have the east asian language pack installed and cant get it installed coz i dont have an original xp disk. My Alienware did not provide me with it.
  • spelroth
    spelroth Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    koma wrote: »
    Well i have the same problem but only when i play fullscreen (I use a GF 6600GT card & win xp sp3), when i play on window mode the screen when it is not active it freezes (but on the server the game is working) after making it the active window the game unfreazes and show the actual position.
    I don't know it is the problem with GF cards or with all cards, can someone post if this is happening on a radeon?
    EDIT:
    Just readed the forums and found this:
    t3ch wrote: »
    Thanks worked!

FIX:

-Get Windows XP Cd
    -Goto control panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Check off "East asia" hit apply and it will install.

after that restart computer and you can alt tab succeusfully.
  • necromatic
    necromatic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i was playing and then the floor of all the Perfect World suddenly dissapears, its invisible Please, help!
  • coventina
    coventina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm a bit new to Perfect World- so please excuse what may seem to be an ignorant question.
    I've made an account, and downloaded the game two days ago, but everytime I try to get into the it, regardless of what server I choose to use, it tells me that my password is incorrect, or states it cannot connect to the server. Do I need a "beta key" for this? If so, how do I get one?
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Inconsistencies:

1. MAJOR! Trumpet Shell quest: both briefing and quest summary tells you should hunt Drowned Undines - however, they DON'T drop quest item! Undines Supreme drop quest item for that quest.

2. In quest to get "wraithtauren horns" actually you have to kill Tauren Slaves - there are no Wraithtaurens. However, quest summary doesn't specify monster name.

3. The Crimson Pendant quest: in quest briefing NPC tells that monster's name is Shade Eido, while it is Ancient Evil (it is correct in quest summary, though).

4. Ambrosia quest: Celestial Chef in quest briefing is actually named Celestial Ancient

6. God of Cuisine (timed lvl 22 quest from NPC at 571,656): quest briefing says ingredients must be collected in 30 minutes, summary - in 1 hour. Timer starts at 1:00:00, so it's probably correct time. However, quest doesn't end after 1 hour and timer goes down to negative numbers. Not sure if you still can collect quest reward though, as I aborted it.

7. Spiritual Cultivation quest: Meet General Feng. Actual NPC name is Soldier Feng. The same applies to lvl 37 "Visit the General" quest.

8. Pet renaming says name is max. 5 characters log, which (fortunately) isn't true

9. Metabolic Boost skill of Venomancer has range of 17.4, increasing with level. I failed to use it on another character or pet, though - it seems to work only on caster, so actual range is 0.

10. Hay is called "Straw" in Auction Hall

Bugs:

1. Flying pets (namely: FLying Pig) sometimes gets stuck in uneven groud when sent to attack ground mobs. Most usually I experienced that on hills NW from Orchid Temple, but also fighting Ossein Guards near Tomb of Heroes and in other locations. I haven't tried other flying pets, though.

2. All tamed pet eggs (at least up to lvl 38), including rare pets, are worth 1 gp.

3. All waypoints are deleted after you enter any dungeon.

4. "Refresh" button in Guild screen only refreshes online status, not current levels.

5. With water reflection turned on, screen starts to blink on areas with larger amounts of water. (Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS, latest drivers installed). That's happening often, but not always.

Minor graphic issues (probably to be ignored):

1. One of the stairs in Archosaur ( 543, 675) are insubstantial - char can hide in them

2. Underwater Zoologist NPC in Archosaur East is stuck up to his knees in seafloor (mud?) :D

3. Both flying device and character during flight are moving up and down a little. Hovewer, this movement isn't coordinated.

4. Cat tail of Venomancer (haven't checked other tails) in human form gets separated from her body during swimming ;)

ADDED: 5. If you choose "show class and level" option in party window, part of slogan won't be visible. At least not with lowl-resolution screen (I'm using 1024x768) - no sure if higher resolution affects that.

Question: Should I post it to techsupport as well? Sorry for posting part of them to customerservice earlier

regards

Adrian
  • smexy
    smexy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey perfect world, i'm experiencing a bug where when you delete the character and wait for 7 days, it turns into 155 days. Maybe its just me.
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    In pet stats window there's a position: "Damage" - which, I believe, is actually Accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.