Installation went swimingly... but patching...

Options
taste
taste Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
So I installed the game, everything worked fine.

I started it up, it went to the Update Client... and I selected the "patch" server in update settings (the only one you can choose). Well it says this while trying to update.

Updating files...
buff_str.txt

It never goes past that and after a while, a screen will pop up saying "File update appear error. Retry?"

Anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, help me out! Till then, I'll keep trying to get this to work. Thanks guys!!

EDIT: Saw a bunch of threads on this afterwards... sorry for not searching first. Anyway... I've been trying for about 20 minutes just to close out the patcher and re-open it, hoping it will connect... that's the only "solution" I've seen so far. And I thought about this game all day at work too! =P
Post edited by taste on

Comments

• dutchvamp
    dutchvamp Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea im having the same problem for 4 hours now.

Kinda anoying
  • taste
    taste Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, it sucks. =/

I went to bed at like 11 last night thinking "Damn, I have work early otherwise I'd play right at midnight."

Then I thought about it all day at work. Just wanted to get out and play... but ofcourse I can't have that.
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm having this exact same damn'd problem, but instead mine is stuck at "updating...tasks.data"

such lame sauce.

PW Support input would be handy right about now ;)
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This has already been reported. Orinj said they are working hard to fix the problem. We just have to play the waiting game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nasuki
    nasuki Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well I have the same problem but it usually stops really close to the beginning at Elements.data and I had the same problem on my other computer with vista (But the Game makes my display card go X_X) at the same spot and all I had to do was keep pressing try again, it worked after three times but I've been here for 2 and a half hours now. Its good that they are working to fix this problem, just wanted to know if anyone else is stuck where I am.
    ~Whip pic don't work D:~
    Every MMO needs to have the weapon "Whip." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nasuki wrote: »
    Well I have the same problem but it usually stops really close to the beginning at Elements.data and I had the same problem on my other computer with vista (But the Game makes my display card go X_X) at the same spot and all I had to do was keep pressing try again, it worked after three times but I've been here for 2 and a half hours now. Its good that they are working to fix this problem, just wanted to know if anyone else is stuck where I am.

There are tons of people with the same issue. Check out http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=324561&posted=1#post324561 if you want. ^^;
  • nasuki
    nasuki Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    >_< I was looking around after I posted and found it, I was coming back to edit the post, but you beat me too it ^_^;;
    ~Whip pic don't work D:~
    Every MMO needs to have the weapon "Whip." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hehe, well, at least we both know where it is. ;)
This discussion has been closed.