error message when pressing start

aurie
aurie Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
When i start up the launcher and after verifying for the patch, i press start and i keep getting an error message that has a bunch of gibberish, only readable thing it says is [fonts.pck] and then more gibberish after that. My option is to click "ok" the launch shuts down.

Please let me know if this has been happening to anyone else and if theres any way to fix it.
Thanx
[SIGPIC]
Post edited by aurie on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    try to verify your file from the patcher, maybe the launcher says your fonts.pck is corrupt
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wisp
    wisp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm getting the same problem! I've verified my account on line, as well as in the game. I want to play!
  • koda
    koda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah ive had the same exact problem trying to get into the game. Ive verified the download and the patches and everything. Im thinking of wiping the perfect world download and reinstalling it. Sometimes it helps. If anyone had this problem and fixed it then please let us know. Thank you.
  • wisp
    edited August 2008
    I'm not getting that fonts thing. It just says in gibberish. And then, very quickly another pop-up appears that I can't read and the entire thing shuts down and after a couple of times of this happening, I was able to catch the words "Runtime Error" on the second pop-up before the entire thing shut down. I have been looking forward to this game ever since I read about it! -sigh-
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Please search the threads and see if anyone has come across the same issues.

Do your computers meet the min sys requirements?

How reliable is your internet downstream? Does your ISP throttle torrents where you live?

Because you're downloading such a large file, sometimes it may get corrupted on the download.

There are many reasons the files can get corrupted. ISP, countries throttling traffic (resulting in dropped or corrupted packets), your torrent software, etc.

You may have to copy over sets of files that aren't corrupted over to your directory like some other users on here have done.

Good luck!? :cool:
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • wisp
    edited August 2008
    I do meet the requirements. I have a Dell Inspiron b130. A board was made after this board describing the same or similiar error as the ones mentioned on this board. I direct downloaded from this site.
    ---
    I finally managed to get a screenshot of the second window that pops up briefly before the entire program. It says:
    Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library
    Runtime error!
    Program: ...nt\Perfect World International\element\ElementClient.exe
    R6025
    -pure virtual function call
    ---
    I googled it and came up with this:
    "CAUSE
    This error occurs when your application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

The error occurs when you indirectly call a pure virtual function within the context of a call to the constructor or destructor of an abstract base class. This is illustrated in the sample code below, along with some more description. "

"RESOLUTION
    Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

One way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to replace the pure virtual function with an implementation that calls the Windows API function DebugBreak. When using the debugger, DebugBreak will cause a hard-coded breakpoint. When the code stops running at this breakpoint, you can view the callstack to see where the function was called.

Another way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to set a breakpoint on the _purecall function that is found in PureVirt.c. Breaking on this function has the advantage of keeping the stack intact so that you can trace what is occurring."
    All of the above from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749
This discussion has been closed.