Help? Too much disk space taken by download, decompression, and install!

varu
varu Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I'll describe what I did and my concern. I went to perfectworld.com, I direct downloaded the (zipped) compressed PWI folder, then I extracted all from it and there are now two folders, the compressed one and the PWI file folder from which I clicked on install.exe and installed PWI perfectly. Now...my problem is that it says only 2.31 GB would be taken (or around that amount) but having the compressed and file folder of PWI has taken about 4.62 GB of my free disk space and the installation also took around 2.41 GB..... so basically PWI took 7.03 GB of my HD space.
Should I DELETE The first downloaded compressed (zipped) folder since its exactly the same as my PWI file folder that I extracted from the first????

Please help :confused: and thanks in advance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Luna.............Thinking about you.
Post edited by varu on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    you can delete the files you decompressed from the .zip file, but i wouldn't recommend to delete the .zip itself. What if you want to reinstall the game sometime? You will have to download the whole client again. I'd burn the decompressed files onto a DVD to use it as an installer.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • varu
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    you can delete the files you decompressed from the .zip file, but i wouldn't recommend to delete the .zip itself. What if you want to reinstall the game sometime? You will have to download the whole client again. I'd burn the decompressed files onto a DVD to use it as an installer.
    Do you mean delete the compressed zip file and leave the decompressed file folder? Because that would make more sense....
    :confused:

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    depends.
    if you want to leave the installer data on your HDD, then keeoing the Zip would be better, since it's smaller in size
    if you want to burn the data to a DVD, then burning the decompressed data is better, since it already has everything like autorun.ini that is usually used on DVD installers
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • varu
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    depends.
    if you want to leave the installer data on your HDD, then keeoing the Zip would be better, since it's smaller in size
    if you want to burn the data to a DVD, then burning the decompressed data is better, since it already has everything like autorun.ini that is usually used on DVD installers
    Alright thanks for your help ^^

• skippy
    skippy Posts: 1
    edited August 2008
    The extracted folder and the zip folder are actually almost exactly the same size.
This discussion has been closed.