File download appear error

callandor
callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
It seems alot of people are getting this error, and i have no idea why, maybe we can figure this out together since the mods arnt here yet T_T

As soon was we were apple to patch the game, I could never get past the elements.data update...
It keeps going to the end with the yellow bar and then saying "File download appear error"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, ive rebooted my computer many times, and i have even re downloaded the game with Utorrent... So why is this still happening to only a few players? (I shouldnt even call us players considering how we cant play)
So ya my game came from the bit torrent download and downlaoded with Utorrent, I use windows exp, my system requirements are just fine, and i have way more memory then this game needs.
Help much pl0x?
Post edited by callandor on

Comments

• bebe
    bebe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm getting the same problem, except it's with the task.data part of the patch. :( I wanna plaaaaaay...

EDIT: EEEE, IT WENT THROUGH ^___^

I just kept closing and opening the game, and eventually it made it through the rest of the patch. Also, my firewall was off and I turned it on--that prolly didn't contribute anything, buuuut... wouldn't hurt to try. xD Good luck!
  • derko
    derko Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I also have this matter...

I'm keep searching forums, but should I send dxdiag?
  • firetear
    firetear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    yeah me too except when I try to extract some of the .rar it won't let me nor will it let me install the whole game please help
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2008
    Please refer to this thread if you are still having problems patching.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• _sMeeZ_ - Sanctuary
    _sMeeZ_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hey, i am still getting this error when i update, i have restarted my computer many times, i have downloaded the Client , with uTorrent and the parts. Nothing works still getting the same error
    Please help me!
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have you tried the manual patch found here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.