Character Wipe Question

ghost6989
ghost6989 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Ok so I know at the end of closed beta their will be a wipe, but what I want to know is that does this mean that ours character deleted completely or reset to when we first started, back to lvl 1
Post edited by ghost6989 on

Comments

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    probably server wipe = total wipe of server.

is usually what that phrase means anyway.
  • aruzo
    aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Do you think it will just remove our levels or our actual characters because if we didn't keep our names, that would just be unfair =/
    IGN: aruzo (EC)
    IGN: hide (WR)
    xfire: aruzo
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aruzo wrote: »
    Do you think it will just remove our levels or our actual characters because if we didn't keep our names, that would just be unfair =/

it's speculation at this point, but my pick is your characters will be completely wiped along with all the other server data.
  • ghost6989
    edited August 2008
    Yeah the name thing was the reason I asked, like just say I named myself Billybob, then after Closed Beta I go to make a character and I get 9The character name you are trying to use is taken) If you have connections in game like friends, or uh enemies lol it would suck to break many contacts over not knowing peoples names.
  • stroopwafel
    stroopwafel Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The downside of being a CBT. The only thing you can do is trade IM adresses/nicknames to stay in contact. About names, well that's just the luck of the game
  • ghost6989
    edited August 2008
    Oh I understand, I just wanted to know what would happen