BM-Archer hybrid??

jefzor
jefzor Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
I wonder if a BM that is able to weaken enemies with a bow before attacking melle would work or would it totally suck?
I did some research on this kind of build, but couldnt find anyone doing this or talking about it...

Build: 2Str, 2Agi, 1Cons

Pro's: Unique build, Strong against mages in pvp, high dodge rate and critical hit at higher lvls, Good all around

Cons: Weaker melee attack, can only us bows (no slings or crossbows), more to discover?
Post edited by jefzor on

Comments

• hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    With 2 str per lvl you would only be able to use fists, and would have trouble with the best heavy armor available for your lvl.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Bad idea, but if you wanna be "SPECIAL" by all means go ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • jefzor
    jefzor Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well...i'll just try it in the CB, then it doesnt matter if he sucks =P
    btw, i was planning to use light armor
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just try whatever builds you like in CB, im gonna go full vit dual axe
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's an interesting build... but, however, the best PK build is a full Str dual-axer. The best TW build is an Axer with enough Agility for swords. These builds are tested and proven by hundreds, including myself.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    It's an interesting build... but, however, the best PK build is a full Str dual-axer. The best TW build is an Axer with enough Agility for swords. These builds are tested and proven by hundreds, including myself.

tell me and how will your phy def be, right now im playin g a dekan rohan full vit and 5dex every 5lvs till 50dex, but a full str would be insane damage but no phy def whatsoever , so I would like a tank better, 2 bad there isn't a character build to play with.

A full vit can only be a Werebeast but im gonna try it on a Human warrior.

Str full = BOOM dead, but the damage back at you is also BOOM dead.

Vit Full= **** attack, excellent def.

but if I could know if the warrior does enough critics with only full vit and enough dex to wear armor, weapon, etc... it can be a great tank.

Well but in MY PW I never entered into a TW since my max lv was EP lv36.
    Hope that in this one I'll get higher.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    jefzor wrote: »
    I wonder if a BM that is able to weaken enemies with a bow before attacking melle would work or would it totally suck?
    I did some research on this kind of build, but couldnt find anyone doing this or talking about it...

Build: 2Str, 2Agi, 1Cons

Pro's: Unique build, Strong against mages in pvp, high dodge rate and critical hit at higher lvls, Good all around

Cons: Weaker melee attack, can only us bows (no slings or crossbows), more to discover?

its not really a bad idea if you go fist path or sword you'll be able to use bow but i suggest not to^^
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nator wrote: »
    tell me and how will your phy def be, right now im playin g a dekan rohan full vit and 5dex every 5lvs till 50dex, but a full str would be insane damage but no phy def whatsoever , so I would like a tank better, 2 bad there isn't a character build to play with.

A full vit can only be a Werebeast but im gonna try it on a Human warrior.

Str full = BOOM dead, but the damage back at you is also BOOM dead.

Vit Full= **** attack, excellent def.

but if I could know if the warrior does enough critics with only full vit and enough dex to wear armor, weapon, etc... it can be a great tank.

Well but in MY PW I never entered into a TW since my max lv was EP lv36.
    Hope that in this one I'll get higher.

Full Con build has some kill ability. They have their stuns, so it's not totally hopeless.. however.... They can't tank anything. No Blademaster can tank, unless the boss is around 20-30 levels below them(with full Con axe build).
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I use bow to single out a mob that has this nasty habit of retreating into the crowd of other mobs (who usually get aggressive and you'll find yourself fighting with 3 or more)
    So i've done this (maybe to some it's primitive)
    1) I start attacking with bow. the mob runs away from herd to get into the range of his ranged weapon or come straight at me if it's melee
    2) when he's about to stop (now he has some distance with other mobs) i run toward him and jump over his head and land behind him...now he has only choice of retreating away from rest of mobs and he's mine. When he reaches me he also has maybe 15-20% hp gone. not much but it'll help a little.
  • vaal
    vaal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    While a hybrid blademaster/archer is probably not the best idea, there's absolutely nothing wrong with picking up a bow with your spare dexterity that you'd have from a different build. In fact, it's quite a good idea! Besides, it let's you pull from a distance while solo without consuming mana, which is pretty important imo :P