[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
Post edited by sigoh on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    going for light armor? or why the agi?
    i prefer staying robe.. with all the disatvantages it brings.

i got no fixed build, i'm just adding points as i see fit
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yea, I'm going light armor. I figure I'll go light armor with a few defensive soulstones against physical defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    :eek: thats my build lol :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aruzo
    aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have no idea what I'm doing but I used my initiative. My build is:
    (doesnt remember how many points a level...I used to get 3..now I THINK I get 5???)
    2 MAGIC
    2 DEX
    or
    2 Magic
    1 DEX
    1 STR
    or
    3 MAGIC
    2 DEX
    1 STR
    (If that is correct xDD)

I figured I used spells alot and heals so I mostly focus on my magic. Then I chose dex so it boosts range etc.. and finally strength because I want it for close range and for equips. Give me tips on my build, what I should be looking for and how my path should be.
    IGN: aruzo (EC)
    IGN: hide (WR)
    xfire: aruzo
  • coot
    coot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I like the full Mag(int) build. If your concerned about pdef, why not add str to allow you to wear heavy armor...

i'm going full mag build now so that my questing/grinding is easier, higher dmg = mobs die quicker, and you have a heal to help your low pdef, your mag will help your mdef out...

at higher levels i might start adding pure str to get my def up to par, or i may try a vit heavy... who knows! its cbt, thats what its there for... :D

and correct me if im wrong about this..

because i want to know if i have no idea what im talking about
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i copied this from a post i made in the PW-MY forums
    by lvl 100 you would have 302 INT, 104 CON, 54 STR, 54 AGI. the 54 AGI gives you only 4% more chance to crit, however, if you add no AGI at all you will not crit, adding only a few points actually lets you crit, then once you get it to 2% you chance DOUBLES and at 4% your chance has QUADRUPLED. Now, if you were to put 49 points into INT instead you would have Magic of 421-491, crit 1%, dodge rate 10. Instead of the 362-423 magic dmg, 4% crit, 108 dodge rate. Now so more people can understand better at lvl 30 that would be 17-19 dmg difference... not so bad imo, you would quadruple you chance to crit and give you alot more chance to have attacks against you miss. Also keep in mind that if you had 100% to crit you would hit a crit every single time you attacked, 50% would be every other attack, 25% every 4th attack, 12.5% every 8th attack, 6.25% every 16th attack, 3% every 32nd attack. So, if you are killing 30mobs taking 5 spells per to kill thats 150 hits, you will crit about 5 times (with 3% crit), and crits normally kill a mob in one hit. Now with rings on that give you more crit % it will be an even better chance to crit and you can put more magic dmg bonuses on your armour because attacks against you will miss more often.

Also this build gives you every requirement to wear magic robes and use your latest weapons. And once you start getting all the enhanced armour and weps and jewlry this will come in handy.

(BTW i have noticed this build isnt effective until around 3x)

i dont think i left anything out but i probably did lol

EDIT: each AGI points gives you .00005 more chance to crit which is .05% which if you check with asiapworld's prediction on how much crit % you would have its a .000074 chance or .074% with 54 AGI so 20AGI doesnt give you 1% like it was normally thought.... somethin wierd here...

EDIT: also doesnt AGI give you a greater range of attack? (stand farther back from enemies)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I see a lot of priests wanting to add dexterity. This is not a wise decision. Magic is a multiplier in determining your magic attack. The higher your magic, the more points it gives to magic attack. You want magic attack as high as possible for damage and healing, or use the 3 points to add survivability from hp's or defenses. Crit from dexterity will not make up for this, nor will dodge make much of a difference.

Builds: every 2 level stat allocation

Pure Magic(damage/healing): 1 strength, 9 magic(highest healing power and damage, lowest hp, highest magic defense, lowest physical defense)

Light Armor(defense): 2 strength, 2 dexterity, 6 magic(low healing, moderate damage, low hp, balanced defenses)

Vitality build(survivability): 1 strength, 3 vitality, 6 magic(full support/pvp healer, lowest damage, low healing power, highest hp, good magic defense, low physical defense)

Hybrid: 1 strength, 1-2 vitality, 7-8 magic(strong healing and good damage, moderate hp, high magic defense, low physical defense)

Do not add dexterity unless you are going to use light or heavy armor.
  • keanica
    keanica Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Even if Dex may be usless in some Cleric's eyes, it's a good way to rise your critical rate. You wont see much of a change in lower levels, but just wait until you've gotten to at least 40+. It is very usefull and the increase dodge rate is good too.
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    actually, i'd build a cleric mostly for support reasons..so all I need 2 do is survive and use my spells 2 favour the others (I like hunting)...so far my cleric has no str/dex or vit added..everything 2 magic..the only thing i'm wondering is what spells 2 focus on in my skill tree..later on i'll add some vit though..cause with base vit surviving would be hard...and lil str or dex that a bit better equip then i have now would use...

for PVP my archer would be much better :)
  • kingneptune
    kingneptune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I stay with the robes and add stones to them for phy-def and I add every lvl 3 magic 1-2 str depending on how close I am to needing new gear other wise I just add the points for str to vit instead for the extra heath the dex isnt really worth it to me to add it because if I have high magic attack then I dont have to wait or worry when my crit hits will come. And it works real well haveent did but 3 tims since I started :)

Robes with Phycial Defence Stones
    Every Lv:
    Magic = 3 points
    Str = 1-2 points
    Vit = 1-2 points
    Dex = 0 points
  • insan1ty
    insan1ty Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    aruzo wrote: »
    I figured I used spells alot and heals so I mostly focus on my magic. Then I chose dex so it boosts range etc.. and finally strength because I want it for close range and for equips. Give me tips on my build, what I should be looking for and how my path should be.

I might be wrong here, but I don't believe that DEX will change your range for a Cleric the way it might affect your range for an archer. I believe the range for the cleric's plume quill spell is dictated by the spell's level, not your personal attributes. The DEX *will* allow your to crit more often though but to me this isn't as important as having a more constant output of damage and healing capabilities.

As for STR, I don't know of any clerics that use melee weapons instead of their magical attacks and I would discourage putting more stats in STR than the bare-minimum your equipment requires.

I usually put nearly everything in INT(mag). I add just enough Str to be able to equip my current-lvl gear and every now and then (no precise formula), I'll throw in some Vit for survivability. I'm not at home right now, but with my gear on I think I have something like
    Mag: 116
    Vit: 20
    Str: 16
    Dex: 5

I'm only level 26 and I hit some mobs at about 1k with a regular plum quill so damage output is already pretty good. I can take a good 7-10 hits with my current HP so I hardly ever die if I'm paying attention because my heals are also quite effective with the high Mag.

As I said, you could potentially put some Dex in there to raise your crit but in my opinion, I'd rather have a bigger mana pool, deliver more damage consistently rather than have to hope my next shot is a crit, and my heals are also more effective this way, making me better able to solo and a better healer in a party.

As I said I'm not able to consult my character in-game at the moment so take my stats with a grain of salt, but I am definitely enjoying my int build at the moment.
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Why is it that every post we see, people post what you should do every 2nd lvl??

Why cant people just post what you should add evey level?

Damn anoying if you ask me!
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luck - Lost City
    Luck - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    acolyte wrote: »
    Why is it that every post we see, people post what you should do every 2nd lvl??

Why cant people just post what you should add evey level?

Damn anoying if you ask me!

cause then they will need to say: up 1 vit every 2 lvls (just an example)
    so ppls just use the 10 points from 2 lvls cause its easier.
  • isheep
    isheep Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well my build is Vit 51 str 20 mag 80 and dex 5 im currently a lvl 27 I tryed placing a few points on dex on My-en server but Really in the long run i felt i dident make much diffrence.. So im sticking with my Hybrid build for now
  • randomaccount12
    randomaccount12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    plz help me i need the cleric build i got 15 points and am not sure where to put them.b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mooooooddddddd

halllllpppp

neeeccrooooooo

this thread is older than me even
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you wish :3
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mooooooddddddd

halllllpppp

neeeccrooooooo

this thread is older than me even

No one reads anymore :3
    you wish :3

HI PARA b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2011
    HI PARA b:cute

b:bye
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

edited January 2011
    trolls >:O both of ya
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    trolls >:O both of ya

I am not a troll, I actually help people. Sometimes.

Hi Decep, I wuv yew. Why aren't you nice to me? b:sad
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited January 2011
    well, im troll, but i actually help people

and decep isnt mean, she is just playful*

(*that's what you say about grumpy girl, if you dont want to get slap in the face). b:flower

edited January 2011
    you 2 like twins >>
    edited January 2011
    no, there is a difference: he is not trolling

(btw i just looked at our join date - oh snap?)

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    you 2 like twins >>
    no, there is a difference: he is not trolling

(btw i just looked at our join date - oh snap?)

****! You're right... we must be twins. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you could always waffle it.Auntie Decep. gets cranky once in while.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited January 2011
    i approve

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011

That's the only word I saw :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    its a tad disturbing how you actually notice that >.>
    edited January 2011
    b:chuckle

it takes one to know one?