Got a bunch of question?

Options
zelgadis
zelgadis Posts: 3
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
1. I have watched the interview from gamespot, and it was mentionned that everything that was shown during the test game play is free, that you dont have to pay, does that include land mounts, big flying mounts, fashion? As far as I remember pw-my version charges for all of these things.

2. It is said on the forum that players craft skills? Can there be more information regarding these.

3. Everywhere I look on this forum, it is said that this game is more complete than pw-my and more equivalent to pw-cn. But it doesnt state anywhere what is the exact difference. Also there is a rumor that pw-my will release a huge patch on the 18th, will that patch make it similar to this version. Who knows, but what is the exact difference between my and cn versions.

4. Will the character names, guild names, etc.. will be long enough. The my version has them too short.

5. Will this version have the same issue as the my version, meaning if players suggest a change and everyone agrees on but gm comes and sais , "We wish we could do it, but we cannot touch the game code, all what we can do and suggest it to the official game develloper and hope that they will add that feature in the next game update they release"?

6. I have read that cn version has a specific section in the warehouse for crafting material, will that be available for international version?

7. Will there be an item shop, and would be ridiculesly expensive like gpotato does, or as annoying as cubizone, by confising players who buy 1% out of game credits which is 0.1% in game credits and have quite high prices on most things.

8. Will you only allow character name in english, and game talk in enlish, and not show squares or symbols of another language?

9. Will there be rewards for cb testers after character wipe, and will it be for everyone or only for those that dont have a life?

10. Is it me or I dont seem to feel any gm presense on this forum?

11. Still what puzzels me that everyone sais this game will be much better , but all what I hear is better translations, and (maybe faster game speed which was not confirmed). If you have mentionned better translation wouldnt you have the issue that the quest text box is not big enough to fix the proper quest text and my version indicated. Will you properly truncate words at break likes during quests?

12. Who does read quest after 10 lvl's of game play? As far as I remeber you accept the quest read you need to kill 20 creeps. Then you check creep db to find their spawn location and then go and kill them. Most of people do the same thing that I have played with, and for cultivation quests, who actually reads what it sais there, most people that I know go to fan site and follow the instruction from the guide. I remember one of the games I have played, they have incorporated text to speach which actually did quite will.

I guess i'll stop here for now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zelgadis wrote: »
    1. I have watched the interview from gamespot, and it was mentionned that everything that was shown during the test game play is free, that you dont have to pay, does that include land mounts, big flying mounts, fashion? As far as I remember pw-my version charges for all of these things.
    Wait and see. Free item mall is not incorporated after CB, I must say.

2. It is said on the forum that players craft skills? Can there be more information regarding these.
    Yeah. Crafting is important.

3. Everywhere I look on this forum, it is said that this game is more complete than pw-my and more equivalent to pw-cn. But it doesnt state anywhere what is the exact difference. Also there is a rumor that pw-my will release a huge patch on the 18th, will that patch make it similar to this version. Who knows, but what is the exact difference between my and cn versions.
    No idea on the difference - just wait and see. 3 days left.

4. Will the character names, guild names, etc.. will be long enough. The my version has them too short.
    3 days.

5. Will this version have the same issue as the my version, meaning if players suggest a change and everyone agrees on but gm comes and sais , "We wish we could do it, but we cannot touch the game code, all what we can do and suggest it to the official game develloper and hope that they will add that feature in the next game update they release"?
    Yes, but the suggestions have a much better chance of happening.

6. I have read that cn version has a specific section in the warehouse for crafting material, will that be available for international version?
    Most probably.

7. Will there be an item shop, and would be ridiculesly expensive like gpotato does, or as annoying as cubizone, by confising players who buy 1% out of game credits which is 0.1% in game credits and have quite high prices on most things.
    Yes, and no.

8. Will you only allow character name in english, and game talk in enlish, and not show squares or symbols of another language?
    Probably not.

9. Will there be rewards for cb testers after character wipe, and will it be for everyone or only for those that dont have a life?
    Possibly. Probably for average players,

10. Is it me or I dont seem to feel any gm presense on this forum?
    They're on in the morning. Just see. It's more important for more presence in-game than on-forums anyways.

11. Still what puzzels me that everyone sais this game will be much better , but all what I hear is better translations, and (maybe faster game speed which was not confirmed). If you have mentionned better translation wouldnt you have the issue that the quest text box is not big enough to fix the proper quest text and my version indicated. Will you properly truncate words at break likes during quests?
    Text wrap is still not implemented, but the version difference and service are superior.

12. Who does read quest after 10 lvl's of game play? As far as I remeber you accept the quest read you need to kill 20 creeps. Then you check creep db to find their spawn location and then go and kill them. Most of people do the same thing that I have played with, and for cultivation quests, who actually reads what it sais there, most people that I know go to fan site and follow the instruction from the guide. I remember one of the games I have played, they have incorporated text to speach which actually did quite will.
    Well, I don't.

I guess i'll stop here for now.
    Okay, cool.

Ark has arrived.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    most of your answers have already been said on the forums

try the search function please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dukex
    dukex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. The question on gamespot was would he be able to play this game for free and get all the stuff they showed for free and by free they mean by not using real life money. And in tht aspect yes it is ture because everything bought in the cash shop can be purchased through the cash shop user players or the ppl selling through the auction house for a certain amount of in-game gold but if u dont have enough in-game gold then you will have to purchase from the cash shop.

2.I have nvr heard of this crafting skills by this are u saying tht players will be able to make skills then now tht will not happen. But players will be able to get crafting skills tht allow the player to take up a job as a blacksmith, tailor, jeweller, or pharmecist and make items tht relate to wat ever job you picked.

3.Well by this they mean the pwi is more following the chinese version then the malaysian version because the different versions are at differfent stages patch-wise the chinese version is the most-up-to-date version. Even with there current patch the chinese version is coming out with a huge patch soon so if this version does folow the chinese version then we will be far ahead of the malaysian version. And everything will be re-localized like they say and all the text and things will be fixed.

4.They have stated tht they are increasing the length of char names but not so sure about guild names and such other names.

5.Well they arent actually making the game they are getting it from wat ever version there getting it from so its not likely tht they can go around changing things. But they can send comments and suggestions to the makers and from wat ive seen they have already done so, like this guy whose name escapes me gave the admins suggestions for pvp and they were sent to the developers to be looked over. But other then tht im not to sure wat else they can do.

6.This information has not been released yet.

7.This hasnt been released yet for this version.

8.Not so sure about this but most likely everything will be in english because it is the international version which mainly consists of americans,europians, and other places around this areas like australia and new zealand and the fact the ip blocks will be implemented to other countries tht already have a version of pw. So most likely everything will be in english aside from maybe some other languages like spanish but i doubt squares and such will happen in this one.

9.Hasnt been released yet but i sure hope so and i hope its for ppl wit lives too. :)

10.You see them once in a while there usually quite active on the forums i havent seen them lately but im sure there reveal them selves soon.

11.Well you will have to wait for the game and see. They state tht they will fix all the translatin and text problems tht were in pw my and the faster game speed is stated because it will be closer for all the localized users which most will be unless they can get past the ip block? And the fact tht they have servers in the east and servers in the west so tht should help wit game speed.

12.Well some do and some dont it all depends and i have played games where quests had speech i believe tht is a a useful feature especially for lazy ppl :) But yea ull just have to wait and see.

Well theres my 2 cents cya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emir
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i liked my response better duke

more often we just answer instead of teaching them how to find it themselfs the more were gonna get the same questions over and over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dukex
    dukex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea i was bored felt like answering haha :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    emir wrote: »
    try the search function please

It's broke. They called the Maytag repair guy but there's nothing that can be done. Everyone must create new threads to ask questions which have been answered ten times on the same page.
  • atomictamale
    atomictamale Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zelgadis wrote: »

omg, you have no clue how much I hate gpotato..
    $50 for a cape...c'mon now....

...Rappelz R.I.P.
  • emir
    edited August 2008
    Options
    snaptrap wrote: »
    It's broke. They called the Maytag repair guy but there's nothing that can be done. Everyone must create new threads to ask questions which have been answered ten times on the same page.

lucky me more posts just to repeat myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    snaptrap wrote: »
    It's broke.
    Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but the search function works fine for me.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zelgadis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the resposes. I guess well wait and see that future has for us!
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Zelg, would you happen to know a "Zelgius"?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • zelgadis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nope, my name comes from the anime slayers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelgadis_Greywords
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.