What will GMs do about botting and playing favorites

Options
seanie
seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
My question is from playing alot of free to play games and nothing being done on them to make them any better.

1) Rohanonline was a good game but now theres all botters and the gms do nothing. All you see there is bots killing.

2) Rappelz and Legend of Ares the gms gave people really good items just cause they liked that person, but then they made up storys saying they lost an item, but if someone osted that they did if they werent in certain guilds the gms wouldnt help them at all.

3) Almost ever free to play uses nportect which is the wrost anti hacking system Ive ever seen, espically since a 10 year old ws able to **** it.

I want to know what the GMs here are going to do about these issues, cause if you let these things happen why should we play your game?
Post edited by seanie on

Comments

• xaire
    xaire Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seanie wrote: »
    My question is from playing alot of free to play games and nothing being done on them to make them any better.

1) Rohanonline was a good game but now theres all botters and the gms do nothing. All you see there is bots killing.

2) Rappelz and Legend of Ares the gms gave people really good items just cause they liked that person, but then they made up storys saying they lost an item, but if someone osted that they did if they werent in certain guilds the gms wouldnt help them at all.

3) Almost ever free to play uses nportect which is the wrost anti hacking system Ive ever seen, espically since a 10 year old ws able to **** it.

I want to know what the GMs here are going to do about these issues, cause if you let these things happen why should we play your game?

You get what you pay for.
  • jamsan
    jamsan Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Increase white-named player drop rate... and let us be the anti-bot device.

But yeah, isn't the majority of information stored on the servers? Judging by the lag in the MY version anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Surprise Bear says: "Look for the prize with every surprise!"
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

I'm not touching your other two points, leave that to be demonstrated by PWE. This one I can tell you there's no need to worry, unless they've drastically changed the client for this version (in which case there'd be an uproar on the forums by now, and there isn't) PW does not use gameguard.

Thank gods.
    jamsan wrote: »

But yeah, isn't the majority of information stored on the servers? Judging by the lag in the MY version anyway.

Yeah that's really why you want increased drop rates for white names. Surrrrre. RQ isn't known for being into public service, you just want the ganking to be more profitable. Nice try though.

For your second point you're correct, the vast majority of data is held server side, which means there's very few things in PW that can be ****. Walls, jumping, zoom distance, but that's about it.
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'd like for the GM to put a perma flag on confirmed botters on either server and let vigilante justice deal with it. (Doesn't matter on pvp though.)

Then afterwards when we are done with the free kills ban them. IP bans usually don't work though I forgot the method the Gms from Acclaim used to do to ban the current IP and possible proxies.

Anyway any cheater or rule breaker must be banned and made an example. That may sound very dictatorial but sometimes that is how things must be done. For fairness the players can be thoroughly interrogated while their accounts are being scanned for anything malicious. Like teleport them to a void outside the map where they must stay until you bring them back into the game world, there they can't escape and log out while they are being questioned and investigated. If they do log out they can't log back in because they will spawn in the void. xD

PS. Gameguard s***s *ss! You know why, their phones don't work, you can't reach them by email - they won't respond, their mailing address OMG, just about any other way, there is no other way. Believe me, I knew staff from Acclaim, I even moderated their forums and in game before, just horrible service from Gameguard.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Orinj already answered this point in another post :
    * gms cannot play during the work day or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms cannot play favorites or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms cannot do favors (give loots/armor/money, rig TW, etc.) without going through an extensive process where each and every action they take is monitored and has to be approved by a manager. if deemed that their actions have interrupted the service and/or the quality of, disciplinary action (also legal action) can and will be used against them
    * gms cannot do favors for people. our advanced log system can detect any action taken by any gm. once detected, if deemed that they have interrupted the service and the quality of, disciplinary action (also legal action) can and will be used against them
    * gms must service the community/user base while at work or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms must be unbiased and treat the community/user base fairly or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms must use their non-gm characters when playing from home. if they do otherwise, we will know and disciplinary legal blah blah blah u get the point.
    * gms while using their normal characters from home are still representatives of PWE.

the individuals that we've hired are also individuals of the highest caliber. no shenanigans will take place nor will it be tolerated.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well u cant reli kill bots if ther in pve and have pvp turned off so how would that work maybe lure a monster to the bot??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamsan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    massamune wrote: »

Yeah that's really why you want increased drop rates for white names. Surrrrre. RQ isn't known for being into public service, you just want the ganking to be more profitable. Nice try though..

Foiled again! Meddling kids...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylent
    edited August 2008
    Options
    emir wrote: »
    well u cant reli kill bots if ther in pve and have pvp turned off so how would that work maybe lure a monster to the bot??

I used to do that in other games that don't have open pvp. Would rather have them permanently banned.

They should write a little script in the game that will flag a botter into a red name or pink name on either server when a third party and black listed program is detected while running PWi. xD
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Foiled again! Meddling kids...

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I lollagedofwagon irl xD
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xylent wrote: »
    I used to do that in other games that don't have open pvp. Would rather have them permanently banned.

You have a bot report button in the game.

If they have enough GM in place, they should be dealt with swiftly.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • jamsan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »

I hope that button doesn't contact a GM... Imagine the abuse. Perhaps some automated logging tool for future inspection would be more useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xylent
    edited August 2008
    Options

Well that makes things easier that having to post a thread in the forums. That's how its done in 2Moons - and until now they cannot control the bot issue. (More bots than NPCs and mobs)
    To expand on the lengthy and difficult method of bot reporting in 2Moons - player spots bot / player contacts moderators (which double as forum mods and game mods not as gm though) via ingame, IRC, or private message in the forums / mod is given last known coordinates / mod finds bot / confirms and reports to GM via IRC or MSN / GM find the bot based of last known coords / GM confirms bot / Ban / bot comes back in another account.

Which brings me to ask: how active will these GM be at deleting or banning bot users and how accurate can they confirm a bot user from regular player? (like some kind of sign to know what is a bot and not like in 2Moons)
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xaire wrote: »
    You get what you pay for.

Does that mean this only happens with FREE games. If that's the case, then we're really in trouble. Then again, with how things run a muck on the forums, it wouldn't surprise me if this problem took place in PWI as well.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Imagine the abuse.

They will likely deal with the abusers with appropriate measures ^_^

I never was a GM on PW, so I don't know if the button warn a GM directly of if it's a log thing.

Which brings me to ask: how active will these GM be at deleting or banning bot users and how accurate can they confirm a bot user from regular player? (like some kind of sign to know what is a bot and not like in 2Moons)

Wait and see.... no one played here so far, and it's a new team.

But if Cubinet was able to get rid of most of the bots on their servers, I'm confident they'll be able to deal with it here too.

Having a IP ban on China is already a good thing to start with.

• xylent
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They will likely deal with the abusers with appropriate measures ^_^

I never was a GM on PW, so I don't know if the button warn a GM directly of if it's a log thing.

Wait and see.... no one played here so far, and it's a new team.

But if Cubinet was able to get rid of most of the bots on their servers, I'm confident they'll be able to deal with it here too.

No kidding. We do have to be aware that a lot of the bots do come from other places as well and that IP bans, as I have seen before as a moderator, don't usually work if we are dealing with a cheating genious - not the typical too dumb to play fair.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Sad but true
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Uh whats the point of this topic?

@OP starting a topic going on about rapplez and rohan and comparing it to PW is just stupid. And rohan was flawed from the start, its like the game is designed to keep players apart and the slow lvling makes even me want to bot. Rapplez just lagged, i never saw a single bot that i knew about. and never saw a GM either and the game was about as much fun as watching paint dry after lvl 60.

Soo where does this lead us, comparing two lame games to a great one is kinda stupid in itself. And its already been confirmed there would be a GM online at all times. PW does have a "gm" button and a "report bot" option on a rightclick menu.

Finally there is no game yet, complaining about theoretical stuff is pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Mostly everything is stored server side, doesnt mean there isnt bugs that need to be fixed client-side. I know exactly how people got an early lead on the 1st day of OB to culti39/49. I also know how they farmed HH and FB with 2 people and how they win the dungeon event where the mobs one shot you.
    There is also 2 other ones I know of that have not been released publicly in english too.

So yeah... Many bugs for PW. Best to hope we got some of the stuff other servers have. the PW-PH version I heard auto-bans for client modding (cuts down on alot of dual-clienting and botting) and the chinese version I think fixed another bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    Uh whats the point of this topic?

@OP starting a topic going on about rapplez and rohan and comparing it to PW is just stupid. And rohan was flawed from the start, its like the game is designed to keep players apart and the slow lvling makes even me want to bot. Rapplez just lagged, i never saw a single bot that i knew about. and never saw a GM either and the game was about as much fun as watching paint dry after lvl 60.

Soo where does this lead us, comparing two lame games to a great one is kinda stupid in itself. And its already been confirmed there would be a GM online at all times. PW does have a "gm" button and a "report bot" option on a rightclick menu.

Finally there is no game yet, complaining about theoretical stuff is pointless.

When you define a game as lame you should come with something other then your thought. Rappelz has already made over 10 million dollars on the pay items. Rohan not sure atm but ill let the money talk on rappelz. I am asking now for the simple reason befor the game comes out would be nice to know what actions will be taken. Next time please post an actual article or something like that from a news letter, instead of trying to be an e thug. You must have a crappy comp to cause Rappelz never lagged for me.
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I hope that button doesn't contact a GM... Imagine the abuse. Perhaps some automated logging tool for future inspection would be more useful.

It does contact a GM but it can only be used every 5 minutes or so. And if your caught using it without good reason there will likely be punishment. It's a great system only problem was that on PW-MY it went like this:

*Player notices a bot*
    *Player use report bot function*
    *Player receives message "No GM's are currently online"*

And they were never online. So if they have at least 1 GM online 24/7 on all 4 servers there will be hardly any bots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamsan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sounds good, but 24/7 gm'ing? That sounds expensive, doubt we'll see that in CB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xkwisite wrote: »
    It does contact a GM but it can only be used every 5 minutes or so. And if your caught using it without good reason there will likely be punishment. It's a great system only problem was that on PW-MY it went like this:

*Player notices a bot*

And they were never online.

Or :
    *Player notices a bot*
    *Player receives message that report was received by a GM.
    *20 minutes laters the bot is still there and GM did nothing about it.*

Sounds good, but 24/7 gm'ing? That sounds expensive, doubt we'll see that in CB.

Gold farming bots in CB would be funny. Loosing all their earning at wipe

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the report bot button was a hit and miss affair and kind of risky to use - often whoever was foolish enough to use it got banned for botting themselves (for some strange reason).
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xkwisite wrote: »

*Player notices a bot*

And they were never online. So if they have at least 1 GM online 24/7 on all 4 servers there will be hardly any bots.

Sad but true. Just can hope this server will be clean out all those bots :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
This discussion has been closed.