PW Client Direct Download Mirror

mystic
mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.rqclan.com/Perfect_World_International.zip

Courtesy of RageQuit guild and our website, www.RQClan.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because some people seem to doubt that this file is legit, we welcome you to check the md5 hash and verify it for yourself. You can find MMOSite's download (with their hash listed) right here:

http://download.mmosite.com/download.php?id=2898

You can download WinMD5, a hash-checking program, here:

http://www.blisstonia.com/software/WinMD5/#download

And then you are welcome to compare the hashes. Here's my result.

http://i34.tinypic.com/b8joev.png

Hopefully this will put a stop to the baseless rumor spreading by rival clans that this download isn't legit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
Post edited by mystic on

Comments

• massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's better to seed the torrent than try and provide unofficial mirrors.

Seriously I wouldn't trust a download from anywhere that PWE hadn't endorsed on their download page.

No offense, but it's a bad precedent to start, cause there's always some idiot that will try and abuse it.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    massamune wrote: »

Seriously I wouldn't trust a download from anywhere that PWE hadn't endorsed on their download page.

No offense, but it's a bad precedent to start, cause there's always some idiot that will try and abuse it.

RQ is a guild that's very, very heavily tied into PW-I. We as a guild are trusted by PW-I, and I asked permission before hosting the mirror.
    Hello Mystic,

If you guys want to mirror the file, please feel free to. We want Perfect World International to spread to as much as possible so any way you guys can contribute is definitely more than welcome.

- Xar

I understand your concern, but there's no need for it. =p

I'd appreciate it if you edited your post, if you don't mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Eh... I don't think trusted is the right word used.

I wouldn't trust any download other than the official one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »

Good thing you're talking about something you have no idea about.

Which is usual.

Compare the zip to the one that downloads from the downloader.exe - it's not edited in any way, shape or form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Your opinions hardly counts as you have no facts or evidence behind your round-a-bout accusations ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    Your opinions hardly count.

He speaks quite eloquently from his ****. Just ignore him, everyone else does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• koz
    edited August 2008
    Yes I forgot I know nothing about the world because RQ is the all knowing!

Forgive me!

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes I forgot I know nothing about the world because RQ is the all knowing!

Forgive me!

QQ

No one said that.
    We said you don't know about RQ and what it has going on, which you don't.

/ignore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    No one said that.
    We said you don't know about RQ and what it has going on, which you don't.

/ignore.

And I simply stated that I trust no download but the official. Obviously that other guy who posted thinks it is also wise to download only from the official.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    edited August 2008
    I think it's pretty safe to say that given the combination of an unofficial download and the attitude shown by the RQ people in this thread, not many are going to download it anyway.

If PWE did indeed approve this in advance, then they should have announced that themselves. It's very poor business practice for them to do anything else. Encouraging unofficial mirrors could kill this game before it starts, all it takes is one fool to get "approval" to host one, then add a keylogger to it, and suddenly you have a PWE approved download that is compromised.

I hope PWE gives this some thought.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I see you've never heard of an md5 hash. If the official and rq's had the same hash... wtf is the problem then.
    Edit: and the hash should be provided regardless of the reason, lets people know whether or not their download was corrupt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • massamune
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    I see you've never heard of an md5 hash. If the official and rq's had the same hash... wtf is the problem then.

The problem is you're counting on the masses to both know how to do that, and to go through downloading the whole client from an unofficial source in order to do so. The masses shouldn't NEED to check the md5 of their download, because it should be coming from a source they trust (the PWE site or the torrent created by PWE.)

It's totally unprofessional for PWE to approve of unofficial mirrors. If they want mirrors then I'm sure mmosite.com, mmorpg.com, filefront.com, gamershell.com, etc etc would be the way to go.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's totally unprofessional for PWE to approve of unofficial mirrors. If they want mirrors then I'm sure mmosite.com, mmorpg.com, filefront.com, gamershell.com, etc etc would be the way to go.

1. If mystic put out a trojan or virus, he'd probably get sued or something.
    2. it's not on the download page so it's not "officially endorsed"
    3. being technically inept to the point of not being able to figure out what md5 is, is not excusable imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    3+1 words

USE MD5 HASH NOOBS

(Md5 hash is avalible at the mmo site)
    p.s. dam ren beat me to it -.-"
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    3. being technically inept to the point of not being able to figure out what md5 is, is not excusable imo.
    inept... right...

Honestly, though, who would trust a download from anyone other than PWE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    I think it's pretty safe to say that given the combination of an unofficial download and the attitude shown by the RQ people in this thread, not many are going to download it anyway.

Link was hosted 2 hours ago.

4,128 downloads.

Unlike the average anti-RQ tard like the ones flaming this thread, most people know RQ is a respectable guild and know us from the former server or from my PVP videos, or Archer and PVP guides.

Why are you flaming a thread about helping people. This is ****ing pathetic. Check the hash, then all your ******** is done with.

If a GM could kindly erase all the ******** they've posted, and also confirm that the hashes match and that it's legit, we could be on our way. The fact that people are ruining potentially far better downloads for uninvolved players simply because they have personal issues with my guild is truly pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Respectfully, I know nothing about RageQuit. I simply don't trust downloads from unofficial sources. You do have a point, Mystic, but not everyone here has been flaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    **** happens. Koz and Massamune go out of their way to try and flame and discredit my guild whenever they can, luckily they're totally **** and don't know about hashes (or, judging by the other threads, much of anything else.)

Thankfully, they've basically ruined their own reputation, and so we don't have to really prove them wrong anymore. Though we did with this thread, since it's here to try and help others, and while we're fine with their petty vendetta against our guild personally... I don't believe it should conflict with RQ's trying to help other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• polydeuces
    polydeuces Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    While I would say it's awesome that you guys provided a good, off-site mirror for the client, I still have to agree in some part with the people who say that anyone advertising downloads off-site is pretty shady, regardless of your reputation. No offense to you guys, since you all seem to be pretty well managed and 2 legit 2 quit (I wouldn't know, I'm new to Perfect World), you should understand the reservations people have to grabbing a download that isn't official, not to mention people who don't understand what MD5's are. Great effort guys, but just understand what they're getting at (and by "they're" I mean those who aren't just randomly flaming y'all)
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    If a GM could kindly erase all the ******** they've posted, and also confirm that the hashes match and that it's legit, we could be on our way. The fact that people are ruining potentially far better downloads for uninvolved players simply because they have personal issues with my guild is truly pathetic.
    i'm no GM but i can provide this

Credits to MMO site

MD5 Hash: 4dd7664e8e47cd6f681728fb219d78f0
    How to check the file with MD5 ? Click here
    Where to download the MD5? click here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's no need to flame Rage Quit for supply everyone with another download source. I will however advise everyone to scan files that you don't download from our official download page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    There's no need to flame Rage Quit for supply everyone with another download source. I will however advise everyone to scan files that you don't download from our official download page.

We've provided proof through the md5 hash (as well as how to check it yourself, if you don't believe us), so if you could sticky this thread and clean it up I'd really appreciate it.

If you guys would like to verify the download yourselves, you're welcome to. You can link us on your download page or whatever you want, we have unlimited bandwidth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• severan
    edited August 2008

MD5 Signature or Hash or path for noodles ;)

An MD5 signature, also called an MD5 path or hash, and more officially a message digest, is simply a number. It's a big number (128bits, or 16 bytes, or a number somewhere between 0 and just over 10 to the 38th), that's calculated from the contents of a file. The entire file is read, the bytes combined numerically via a special algorithm and the result is the MD5 hash.

The algorithm for the calculation of that number is designed to be relatively quick to compute, and, perhaps more importantly, very unique.

What do I mean by unique? It's considered almost impossible for two different files to result in the same number being calculated as the MD5 hash. This is important because if a file changes for any reason, the MD5 hash that would be calculated from it would also be different.

Thus, publishing both a file and its original MD5 hash allows you to download a file, calculate the MD5 hash on the file you just downloaded, and confirm, or deny, that the file is correct.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• emir
    emir Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wow why dont we just move on download it if u want or ignore it if u dont want to download it

pretty basic they got ther way of proving its legit

if u dont want to test it or are insecure which you should be since no gm has posted anything confirming it to us then dont download it and quit argueing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    Any problems with this link should be emailed to Mystic@RQClan.com by the way, I'll check it out and get it straightened out ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• massamune
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »

So you approve of their cursing and swearing in every other post in this thread. Okay.

I didn't flame anyone. Every version of PW is or turns into a multi million dollar business. It's unprofessional to risk negaitve publicity (a scandal) just to get an already available file hosted in another location.

Telling the masses to scan files from unofficial sources does not work. Telling them to use md5 doesn't work either. Telling them "ONLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME CLIENT FROM OUR OFFICIAL PWE SITE" is about the best you can do to prevent problems. This is standard for most mmos.

Clearly PWE isn't being paranoid enough.

Now, I never said this download specifically was harmful. I said that by allowing an unofficial third party to host it with approval opens the door to just about anyone doing it, not all of which may have the same standards.

It should also be noted that while people might be tempted take a more casual stance on account security during a closed beta (since it will all be wiped anyway) this is a fallacy. Not all of the malicious code that gets distributed even targets the same game that it originates with. Some try to harvest accounts from other games, some target the usual personal and banking information, some just **** your system.

It's not worth taking chances with PWE's public image, that's all I'm saying. Well, that and it's certainly not out of necessity, there's enough sources for the game client as it is, and more official ones could easily be created with the major mmo sites.

As for this thread, it's a sign of mystic's own weakness of position that he feels the need to try and make this some vendetta between myself and RQ. The only thing I complained about here was the language and attitude being posted (inappropriately) by its members. That much is self evident.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    So you approve of their cursing and swearing in every other post in this thread. Okay.

I didn't flame anyone. Every version of PW is or turns into a multi million dollar business. It's unprofessional to risk negaitve publicity (a scandal) just to get an already available file hosted in another location.

Telling the masses to scan files from unofficial sources does not work. Telling them to use md5 doesn't work either. Telling them "ONLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME CLIENT FROM OUR OFFICIAL PWE SITE" is about the best you can do to prevent problems. This is standard for most mmos.

Clearly PWE isn't being paranoid enough.

Now, I never said this download specifically was harmful. I said that by allowing an unofficial third party to host it with approval opens the door to just about anyone doing it, not all of which may have the same standards.

It should also be noted that while people might be tempted take a more casual stance on account security during a closed beta (since it will all be wiped anyway) this is a fallacy. Not all of the malicious code that gets distributed even targets the same game that it originates with. Some try to harvest accounts from other games, some target the usual personal and banking information, some just **** your system.

It's not worth taking chances with PWE's public image, that's all I'm saying. Well, that and it's certainly not out of necessity, there's enough sources for the game client as it is, and more official ones could easily be created with the major mmo sites.

As for this thread, it's a sign of mystic's own weakness of position that he feels the need to try and make this some vendetta between myself and RQ. The only thing I complained about here was the language and attitude being posted (inappropriately) by its members. That much is self evident.

tl;dr

You said it was a risk, you were wrong, I proved you wrong, nothing you could possibly say matters so I'm not going to read it! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wow massa.....

You really have changed from PW-MY

This time I'm speechless
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Can't you guys just say a fkn THANKS? RQ just did this **** for you and its Save!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    Telling them to use md5 doesn't work either. Telling them "ONLY DOWNLOAD THE GAME CLIENT FROM OUR OFFICIAL PWE SITE" is about the best you can do to prevent problems. This is standard for most mmos.

MD5 Signature or Hash or path for noodles ;)

An MD5 signature, also called an MD5 path or hash, and more officially a message digest, is simply a number. It's a big number (128bits, or 16 bytes, or a number somewhere between 0 and just over 10 to the 38th), that's calculated from the contents of a file. The entire file is read, the bytes combined numerically via a special algorithm and the result is the MD5 hash.

The algorithm for the calculation of that number is designed to be relatively quick to compute, and, perhaps more importantly, very unique.

What do I mean by unique? It's considered almost impossible for two different files to result in the same number being calculated as the MD5 hash. This is important because if a file changes for any reason, the MD5 hash that would be calculated from it would also be different.

Thus, publishing both a file and its original MD5 hash allows you to download a file, calculate the MD5 hash on the file you just downloaded, and confirm, or deny, that the file is correct.

I've come across noobs in my online life, but dude... you're the 1st R-Tard noob I've met ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]