I am Confused

ajfrostyace
ajfrostyace Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I am really confused... So we can download the client but we can't play it until the 19th?
Post edited by ajfrostyace on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    affirmative
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajfrostyace
    edited August 2008
    Oh, ok. But, I don't have a Beta key, or does that matter?
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    They're letting people download it early, because it can take a long long time for some people to get it. They want lots of people to be able to jump right in as soon as the servers go live. ^_^

Plus if there's any major installation problems, they can address them before the servers go live too.

Edit: If you don't have a beta key, you won't be able to participate in the closed beta that starts on the 19th... you'll have to wait for the open beta, which will be another month or so away.

Check the news sections of the website for places that might still have closed beta keys available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajfrostyace
    edited August 2008
    Will I be able to play without the Beta Key?
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Create an account at www.mmorpg.com, sign in... then click here: http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/perfectworld_beta.cfm?bhcp=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajfrostyace
    edited August 2008
    Alright. Thanks a lot!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You will NOT be able to play the closed beta without a beta key. Open Beta will be in September or thereabouts. ;)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • hexeter
    hexeter Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thankfully the Beta keys are remarkably easy to get for this. Just Registering here on the PW Forums gets you a chance, plus MMORPG has a way to get you a free one if you sign up for them as well. It took me all of 5 minutes and I had my Key.
This discussion has been closed.