When you finish your torrent, remember to seed

2»

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Started seeding at my max upload speed (80 ko/s) as long as I won't need the BW for something else.

Good sign : I'm seeing a lot of europeans downloading the client ;)

Only 12 seeders so far....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Torrent is THE worst type of downloader to ever get!
    It is slower than downloading from dial-up.
    I used it in the past and it's terribad :eek:
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    don't spread BS.
    if you can't configure your client properly and/or your ISP sucks, go for direct download.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    vyron wrote: »

Some ISPs are limiting the speed of torrents, unless you take mesures to prevent it you'll get bad speed.

A good seeded torrent can give you higher speed than direct download. The main problem are people who stop the seeding as soon as they are finished downloading.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    To everyone who complains about bad torrent speed, read this post to understand more about torrents and possibly fix the problems on your end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyron
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    don't spread BS.
    if you can't configure your client properly and/or your ISP sucks, go for direct download.

From your other post below..

I dont need to fix problems on my end. Maybe my ISP wont allow for certain speeds and thats fine.

I have a 10 MB cable connection and have tried different ways (in the past) to get torrent to comply, with lots of reading, tweaking, trial and error.

And since Torrent emerged it has always been slower than anything else.

As mentioned, some people may have an ISP that allows for greater speeds ect, but torrent will always be on the bottom of the totem pole for me.

Point in case!

BS? To you maybe, not to me...carry on.
  • vyron
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    The main problem are people who stop the seeding as soon as they are finished downloading.

This is why Torrent is not reliable at all unless you have hours and days to DL a 1gb+ file.

You are better off doing a DD:)
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    BS? To you maybe, not to me...carry on.
    Let's see.. here is what you posted:
    I used it in the past and it's terribad
    And it clearly IS BS, because if it's the slowest method for you
    vyron wrote: »
    Maybe my ISP wont allow for certain speeds and thats fine.
    doesn't mean it's slowest for everyone.

Don't generalize. Generalizing = BS in 90% of all cases
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How many gigabytes is the client? I'd rather not bust my limit and have a pissed off landlord on my tail -_-
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    kuailiang wrote: »
    How many gigabytes is the client? I'd rather not bust my limit and have a pissed off landlord on my tail -_-

2,31 GB (2 490 428 948 bytes)

• kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    2,31 GB (2 490 428 948 bytes)

Thank you very much! I'll be at the Closed Beta, hourrah!
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I would usually use the torrent and help seed, buttttt... we have a VoIP phone and my wife's sick today. Torrents drain the upload bandwidth and make the phone cut out. I need to make sure she can reach me. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm seeing 30 seeds and over 200 peers now. Keep the snowball rollin folks. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    started dl'ding torrent..since my pc can't stay on all the time..but i'll definately seed ^^ gotta love a 12mbit connection

PS: xarfox, those panda's are cute but u really need 2 considder taking a kung fu panda siggy :D
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    crimezone wrote: »
    started dl'ding torrent..since my pc can't stay on all the time..but i'll definately seed ^^ gotta love a 12mbit connection

PS: xarfox, those panda's are cute but u really need 2 considder taking a kung fu panda siggy :D

I refuse to jump on that bandwagon! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.