Perfect World International - Featured on "On the Spot"

Options

Comments

• devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Great job Jonathan,

You handled the questions very well and if I have never heard of or played this game I would definitely be checking it out!
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    haha riding on a tiger on a 2 headed dragon :):) awesome^_^
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Good choice to have piked up a blademaster. That dragon attack visual effect is one of the best ingame. :D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Haha "Im going to embrace him, in a non sexual way of course". Good segment only problem was a few graphical glitches within the game. But good all the same. Would have been great if you guys could have showed some pre-filmed TW footage. Also that human sword is new :) and it owns lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    "Archosaur" is going to be the name of Ancient Dragon City. And there is a territory called "Stairway to Heaven"... And Led Zeppelin fans in the translation department? ^_^"

Yes, the part that stuck out a lot was when Jonathan clicked Embrace a whole bunch of times and was unanswered. By the way, "embrace" for some reason brings to mind vampires. (I've read too many vampire novels, perhaps?)

Choosing the Frozen Waste area to demo the area was interesting. At least the ground textures were detailed and provided nice contrast with character design. Unfortunately, there were not as many water object as there are in some other locations (like near the City of Plume), but that was nicely handled by panning up into the ripple effect of the water.

I think all in all, it was a successful interview.
  • wildd
    wildd Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well I'm impressed, seen and played many games that have eventually failed simply because of poor advertising/community support and from the attitude you seem to have and effort you are putting in with the advertising hopefully this wont be one of them.

Good job.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Any players familiar with the blademaster class was able to see if there was new skills in the skill tree?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, there are plenty of new skills. They have the largest amiunt of additions, actually. the new Sword skill is very awesome.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Yeah, there are plenty of new skills. They have the largest amiunt of additions, actually. the new Sword skill is very awesome.

Very nice then. It will be interesting to see if the classes are any different.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The biggest difference is probably the WZ/MG class. They get some really nice new skills. A sleep, for example, and a skill that makes theie damage go up by (MP/100)%. You get the skill at level 100, so a WZ can expect 10k MP by then, easily, and effectively double their damage with that for 30 seconds...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nunu
    nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PW IN is the only F2P game that's worth playing, nice demo on the show :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Our Product Manager, Jonathan Belliss will be guest starring on Gamespot's live internet TV show, "On the Spot".

Be sure to check it out today at 4pm PST. Also after the show is over, you should be able to download it/stream it to your PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/

Since your the one who posted this from now on I'm gonna assum Jonathan is you :D

Woot go Xarfox make more vids xD

sealed~
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How could he post this and be on live stream at the same time? o.O
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    devotion wrote: »
    How could he post this and be on live stream at the same time? o.O

Exactly its xarfox's smart cover up, haha I figured it out, I'm a GENIOUS!!

I watched it it was cool, while he was running with his character Jonathan said "Hey thats my home boy Jason over their" xD

sealed~
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Xarfox is homeboy Jason :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That was a nice interview ^^ That Jason, playing PANDA (which is, coincidence, one of the chars in Xarfox's account!) was a bit slow to accept embrace :P

The only part I liked a bit less was Belliss' answer to the question about differences between MY-EN and here, apart translation. He went on about localization, saying that all the quests, classes name, cities, etc. had been translated for English players. But apart from translation, then he talked about better customer service than any other F2P game, which I do believe you can do ^^

However, he could have added the same thing he said previously in an interview:
    With regard to updates, we plan to stay on par with China's updates. So don't worry, you're not going to miss anything with Perfect World International.

That is an important point that could win many people from MY-EN too. All in all, nice interview ^^ And it looks like they read my post in the developer video topic, since they corrected the mistake in the tabs name at character creation. :P
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Eh I think they went a little overboard with translations. Almost every single map now has a different name =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reality
    reality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Xarfox is home BOYEEE Jason cause he use the panda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigkahunaburger
    bigkahunaburger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We all use code names here at Perfect World. For example, during the month of August, call me Ishmael. The names are fake, but the gameplay is for real. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when they finally get to play Perfect World International.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keero
    keero Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I saw the show and that's what got me interested. The game looks like a mix between Lineage 2 and WoW, so I can't wait for the 18th. ^__^
  • super86
    super86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nice, This is how I found out about this game. After I saw it my Jaw dropped from the way it looked compared to others. So I had to come and try it.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    super86 wrote: »
    Nice, This is how I found out about this game. After I saw it my Jaw dropped from the way it looked compared to others. So I had to come and try it.

Welcome to the community. Hope you're here to stay. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you're here to stay. :)

Hehe this is kinda off-topic but i was just wondering which armor the WB in your avatar is wearing? I've played a WB on 3 versions of PW now and never have i seen those colors on the shoulder blades of an armor. Or is it just a render :P?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xkwisite wrote: »
    Hehe this is kinda off-topic but i was just wondering which armor the WB in your avatar is wearing? I've played a WB on 3 versions of PW now and never have i seen those colors on the shoulder blades of an armor. Or is it just a render :P?

No my avatar is modeled after actual in-game armor. Exactly what in-game armor? You'll have to wait and see. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No my avatar is modeled after actual in-game armor. Exactly what in-game armor? You'll have to wait and see. ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble xarfox but that is the level 105 heavy armor "Daimon Monarch's Heavy Armor"

Given the name might be different in this version from the MY version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xkwisite wrote: »

I think it's the level 105 gold amor, which you can farm at fb 109.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    And I think it's hh90 gold armour. The Demon King's armour is more golden(though, they're both the same model).
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    And I think it's hh90 gold armour. The Demon King's armour is more golden(though, they're both the same model).

Could be one of them, but im sure the lvl 105 armor has the same color ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Actually, no. Normal armour and its molder counterpart are always differently coloured - the molder being (more)golden than the original. HH90green light armour has a golden(molder) counterpart, for example, as well as tons of other armour pieces.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Does that guy Jonathan Belliss post in the forums? he seems to be everywhere :eek:
This discussion has been closed.